• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Variety of Culture in EAL ^-^

G

I have been noticing lately..

Not everyone is from America anymore >.> lol largely amount of them where in 02/03 when i was first on ..

The Cultures in EAL have bloomed quiet largely..

Maybe...
we can start having different language boards?

liasons!

i know...
>.> thats more staff

but it might help our non english playing customers

So thanks ^-^ for everyone around the world

People who speak Portuguese

People who speak Russian

People who speak Polish

People who speak Spanish

People who speak French

People who speak different languages

and of course People who speak English

thanks for making the game more interesting
^-^

I say

this is one of the huge plus's

that I have seen in EAL

;D
Im getting smarterer..
with all these new phrases

K

KathyMarie

Bem-Vindo.. I speak little english
i agree with you Izzy
help very much with board for us so we know what is going on

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I only speak english and a very small amount of spanish. I think that most people (I have no idea of what percentage) speak english. However, it DOES add a new flavor to the game.

I DO like that everyone is all lumped into one city. All kinds of cultures and even people I see that post here. Like yesterday I chatted with M.Michelle ingame, and I probably wouldn't have been able to do that before. Well, I would have had to create a sim in her city...blah blah blah. I didn't like the separate cities.

G

I have been looking for translators online. I'll add more of that to a to-do list to try to find some utilities for Stratics that will help people that don't have English as their first language.

My favorite house in-game right now is Finnish. I love that EA-Land has become truly multi-national.

G

It rocks ! Today I met someone from Brazil, that spoke both languages, and another from England. My day today in game couldn't have been better. Spent a couple hours in a welcome lot helping the constant 20 to 25 avatars entering asking how do I?

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I love that EA-Land has become truly multi-national.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! I have met so many people from other countries, its great! They make me jealous, lol. I feel like I'm from boring old America and they are from some cool country that I have never visited before, lol.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I speak Polish
Im from poland as a matter of fact but live in the good old Cali lol.

I can speak a bit of french but cant write any lol. I can also write and speak a bit of german.

G

^-^

lol Well

I met another Russian today

it was great

Its nice

I can say

do you speak english
and Welcome
Can i help you
Foods Up
Maintance is coming
Down time is for :

in several languages

just because people have been nice enough to teach me

:p of course
I double check
and make sure its correct first

G

There have been a lot of people from different countries around. Half of my friends are from England and I found a whole neighborhood of Germans.

J

jasminemoon

*waves and gives Izzy a huge hug*

Hey roomie! Been missin each other lately!!

Anyway,

Yes, I've noticed the same thing and I agree with everyone above: it's great to have so such a multicultural game..I haven't seen this before coming back and like Aster I would love to find a "patch" or something of that nature to help enable me to speak more easily with those from other parts of the world!

Jasmine

K

Kellyn

None of you must have ever played in Mount Fuji before the merge. They were plenty of different languages going on there lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

It rocks ! Today I met someone from Brazil, that spoke both languages, and another from England. My day today in game couldn't have been better. Spent a couple hours in a welcome lot helping the constant 20 to 25 avatars entering asking how do I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, there is really nothing that excites me more than when I find international players... they are just the cutest! I ran into a German couple a few weeks ago and the husband's sim name was Marzipanman! haha So cute right!

and I also met a player from Brazil today... unfortch I do not speak Portuguese but I used an online translator to tell her I could not understand her
she said "ok, kisses, goodnight" how freakin adorable!

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

^-^

lol Well

I met another Russian today

it was great

Its nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Privet Anya; ti gde zhiviosh? Ya zhil v Odesse 16 let nazad!

--------

I been living in NY for 16 years and was born in Ukraine. Its awesome beacuse most American-born women cannot resist my European accent.

BTW, if you go to TRS Custom shop, you will see the array of their custom made country flags that people ordered. In fact, I was the one that ordered the Ukraine Flag!

G

I had a Turk today, several Brazilians this week, and one from Spain. My long time roommate is Dutch. Some days, I am going to bed at midnight and she is logging in at 8AM. It works out great.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, I've noticed the same thing and I agree with everyone above: it's great to have so such a multicultural game..I haven't seen this before coming back and like Aster I would love to find a "patch" or something of that nature to help enable me to speak more easily with those from other parts of the world!

Jasmine

[/ QUOTE ]

A third party program that interacted with EA-Land the game and provided translation would be against the Terms of Use.

But copy and pasting text from the game into an external program and then back again is ok.
I've added some little thingers to test with for Stratics here in the Stratics Discussion forum.