• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The upcoming possible re-opening of my live auction on Atlantic, feedback needed

Where should the auction be held on Atlantic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm strongly considering and leaning towards reopening my weekly live auction series on Atlantic (The Acropolis Auction) due to a few requests for it and a long-standing gap of such things on Atlantic. I'm trying to gauge feedback on what the best way to do that would be, incorporating the feedback people gave me back when it originally was being run.

(1) A common complaint last time was that some people were lagged and couldn't get their bids put in fast enough due to the Luna lag, since it was hosted at my in town Luna house. Which would you prefer a live auction to be hosted at?

- An in town Luna house on Atlantic

- A non-customized Trammel Yew castle

- An 18x18 in a semi-secluded area

(2) What day of the week and time (eastern time) would you prefer for a live auction to be held at?

(3) Should there be raffles/games, or does it just distract from things? Last time we'd put 50-100 books on a vendor for sale to win an item or gold prize funded with the raffle money

(4) What should I set my auction commission at to be fair and encourage submissions? It was 10% before but that may be too high now due to commission vendors existing for items.

(5) What would you like the mix of item quality to be? I generally try for 25% lower end (1-20m) 50% medium quality (20-100m) and 25% high quality (100m+) so bidders of every price range can have fun and not feel priced out or underwhelmed by the item selection.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback! :)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(1) 1594873768622.png

(2) Weekday evening or weekend afternoon

(3) Yes in my opinion. Anything to add to it. If, over the course of a few auctions you notice people complaining or low participation in side events, maybe nix them or scale back.

(4) 5% to encourage better participation, hence better item spread, hence better attendance. That's my logic anyways... I've been known to be wrong :eek:

(5) I think your spread is fair.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If its going to be a regular thing id avoid the regular em event times. Like GL being on tuesdays at 8pm central. If its a monthly thing id do it earlier in the month since most em events happen towards the end of the month.

location? id do it in fel to add some spice to your auction. :)

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Captn Norrington, MOA has been trying to do quarterly (ish) auctions on atl. Have had some ask for more frequent, difficult to do two shards and ATL has a much higher EM and rares crowd so the bidding can be fierce and long. We normally pick a Wednesday night as Great Lakes is Thursday. We'd gladly scale back. We use a location just outside Luna, can see the walls. Lag hasn't been to bad there. Also, though the house there is pretty bare not a lot of decor to load. I wish you great luck and lots of fun! We did fel auctions long long ago... way before you had 100m+ items it's a different animal for sure. We are an odd duck, commission on ATL is 4% and 3% on GL but we're non profit. All gold goes back in gifts, trivia, holidays, Year end Christmas give away on GL. Get a fair amount of static about the trivia and speed things sell at. The raffles we've done like that or lost staffer were to clear the auction house at the end of everyone except those waiting to be paid. Atlantic isn't home for most of our staff. I wish you much success.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sounds like a fun time. It's always hard to get a solid regular time but once you do it becomes expected as an event and things settle in.

I voted in Luna but a custom house out in the middle of nowhere is great and easy to link via teleporter to several houses in Luna!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Outside of Luna would probably be for the best - just my opinion ofcourse.

My only other suggestion would be to space out how often you have the auction. In the past I have found a auction house that tried to do it weekly or bi-weekly often petered out after only a couple months. I would kindly suggest not more than once a month.

Best of luck.