• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The UO Infinite Playlist

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, this is gonna be a fun thing like the "Stupid Ways To Die" thread. The idea of this thread is connecting UO with music.

You can put up a song that makes you think of or describes mining for you. Anything in UO tie it to or describe it with song.

Youtube links are a definite yes! Post as many times as you want! Let's have some fun and make each other smile.

Okay I'll start off with Mining :

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have never been able to find a Youtube for it, but the song for me is

"The Best Things in Life are Dirty", from the movie "Paint Your Wagon"

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My head keeps on going back to this tune when in the Shadowguard bar:

especially the refrain of "I want to know when I can go. Back and get drunk with my friends. I want to know when I can go. Back and feel young again."

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The savages in Ilshenar always remind me of this.

(starting at 2:52 works well)

Fun facts:

- They're speaking actual ancient norse, the language of the vikings.

- Their concerts are real viking ceremonies/rituals which happened almost a thousand years ago.

- The instruments/sounds are almost all completely authentic as they were a thousand years ago.

- All of the information for this was taken directly from ancient stone tablets where it was recorded.

- Imagine being a roman soldier assigned to attack the savages in the forest, and suddenly the entire forest starts ritualistically chanting and screaming at you like the video due to ten thousand vikings who sound and look exactly like this, and it lasts for hours. That was real life.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I seem to remember playing this a lot back in the day and similar tunes , still probably know 85% of the words. Classic

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The savages in Ilshenar always remind me of this.

(starting at 2:52 works well)

Fun facts:

- They're speaking actual ancient norse, the language of the vikings.

- Their concerts are real viking ceremonies/rituals which happened almost a thousand years ago.

- The instruments/sounds are almost all completely authentic as they were a thousand years ago.

- All of the information for this was taken directly from ancient stone tablets where it was recorded.

- Imagine being a roman soldier assigned to attack the savages in the forest, and suddenly the entire forest starts ritualistically chanting and screaming at you like the video due to ten thousand vikings who sound and look exactly like this, and it lasts for hours. That was real life.
Went out and bought that album. I like the opening theme to vikings a lot too.

Last edited:

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm a roleplayer so I have many songs, depending upon the moment. I'll post a few over the next couple of days (or, at least, I plan to!), but I'll start here.

I actually do not like this song, or this band, but it somehow often comes to mind when something horrible has happened in the UO storyline. A kidnapping, a needless death, an unsuccessful defense of a city. Mostly, though, I remember the death of Queen Dawn at the hands of her husband, possessed by Virtuebane.

It's not a good song or a good band but it's worth a listen for a little less than half of its over-long running time. The mournful lyric, the doomy riff, the way the singer's "I can't sing for spit" howl works to his advantage when combined with the rest of the song.

Listen to it for a couple of minutes and think of a dead Queen, a people in mourning, a country on the brink of multiple cliffs, and an embittered, drug-addicted, alcoholic warrior quietly preparing to take a cold, just revenge. The latter image of course is the character I played at the time, Galen Knighthawke.

-John's player

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Not really thematic but I listen to this album a lot while I play games. This is a song that stands out on the album because it's so different and always catches my attention while I'm gaming. Avatar is one of my favorite bands. I wasn't a huge fan of their last album, but the next one so far seems to be back into my wheelhouse.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loreena Mckennitt still takes me back to my early roleplaying days, in the Town of Ravenshire on Baja between 2001 and 2003. For writing, I tended to rely on soundtrack music from Lord of the Rings, King Arthur or Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Loreena Mckennitt still takes me back to my early roleplaying days, in the Town of Ravenshire on Baja between 2001 and 2003. For writing, I tended to rely on soundtrack music from Lord of the Rings, King Arthur or Pirates of the Caribbean.

Ya, I have her The Book of Secrets and An Ancient Muse albums. She's great too. I prefer the Book of Secrets though.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I listen to this album a lot while playing too. I got it off a Bon Appetite vid on Youtube. Ya my music tastes are all over.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Special song from faeroer Island only with German subtitles. Maybe someone find the English version. Just listen to the magic

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I thought I'd share this one next because it inspired my sister's main UO char's name. :D The song is actually inspired by the book Jirel of Joiry by C. L. Moore. :cool: Please excuse the misspelling of the name in this video it's Joiry not Jorey. I gave sis the book as a gift so I can confirm that! ;)