• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The trouble with parrots!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*skip to bottom of post for short version, if you prefer Sam's version, read on...*

Good morning noble Lords and Ladies! I have some information that may help when doing house decorating. It is very possible that it has been posted before but since our boards are still in a state of recovery I thought I would share this information, hoping that it might help others.

This morning I entered the house of my master, Lord Raven, to grab some blank scrolls and other supplies. He was upstairs in the workshop muttering and dragging a large stone table around on the floor. I asked what was going on.

"Well Sam, this morning I went to place a Nystul Wizards Hat on this large stone table, and could not get it to stay. So, I removed the adjacent Knights Breastplate, then found I could not get it to stay! I then removed all the items from the table, and re-deeded it... THEN IT WOULD NOT PLACE!"

I looked quickly about the room for any obstacles that could block the placement and locking down of items and it seemed clear. Remembering difficulties I had one time placing items on floors over vendors, I went downstairs and checked the house for items below. I immediately noticed two parrots on perches. Lord Raven is fond of the silly birds and names them after all of his friends. Well, I grasped the perches firmly and ignoring the squacks and flurry of wings I moved the parrots elsewhere.

I called upstairs to Lord Raven: "Try now m'lord! Place the table!"

I hear the rumble of the heavy stone table as it slid into position.

"Sam, you've done it lad! The items are placed and locked!"

I replaced the parrots, and returned upstairs.

Lord Raven was admiring his collection of artifacts as he wiped sweat from his brow. "Goodness Sam, so much fuss to move a few items! What did you do to fix it lad?"

"Well sir, as you know almost everything in Sosaria bears some sort of magical aura, but most are unable to manipulate the arcane ether to do their bidding. Your parrots seemed to have learned some tricks from you m'lord... I believe they were using a simple Telekenisis spell to prevent you from placing items. Once I moved the parrots, you were able to place your items with no difficulty!"

Lord Raven turned to me and smiled, saying: "Well Sam, I guess I'd better not practice the Armageddon spell around those birds... they might pick that up too!"

***************SHORT VERSION*******************

If you have parrots (or vendors) on a floor below, you might have difficulty placing items above...

Safe Travels, Sam

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
given the choice, good sir, I prefer a Sam the Scribe version any ol' day :thumbup: