• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Tri-City Map Maker's Contest!

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
MapmakersContest.png
The fine print:

Here's how it works. Get yourself a map maker's pen and a bunch of blank scrolls from the mapmaker shop keeper. Then decipher these clues and make three local maps showing the locations described. It takes no cartography skill to make a local map (0.0 skill requirement) all though it may take a few tries even with Jack of All Trades.

Once you make them, put them in a bag and submit them to the mailbox at the Corwyn Library. Only one entry bag per person allowed, so make sure you get it right! Everyone with three correct entries gets put into a pool and then a random number generator picks the winner.

Anywhere you can make a map can possibly contain the right location (so no dungeons.) The contest starts today June 27th and will run until July the 5th.

The Corwyn Library is here at 56 25 S, 33 40 W in Felucca.

library.PNG

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
We have a winner for the Map-Maker's Contest!

Capture.PNG

As you can see had two entries total. Both turned in correct maps for the Skara Brae and Magincia questions. Both turned in maps for Vesper that were like.. 90% correct.

The Skara Brae clues would lead you to Hart Lake in Britannia. The Magincia clues led you to Reg Volom in Ilshenar. The Vesper clues led you to the Oasis in the Lost Lands.

Thanks for playing!

(P.S. Sorry it took me a few days to announce these winners, I was traveling and only came back yesterday!)

Lord Brackus

Visitor
Hail fair citizens.

The once again great city of New Magincia was proud to be part of this excursion and great example of cooperation between cities!

When Governor Reeves approached me asking for my cooperation in this event, I must admit I was skeptical. Governor Reeves has quite the reputation of ill repute and I could only assume this was another way for him to scam citizens. In fact, I am still not positive it wasn't, but as of now I have no proof of this.

The clues set forth by New Magincia indeed should have led you to Reg Volom. Here is how you should have arrived at that conclusion:

Clue 1 -- "Find the area in which excellence reigns".
A paragon is a prime example of greatness or excellence. The area in which excellence reigns, is the area in which paragons rule the land. This should have led you to Ilshenar.

Clue 2 -- "Guarded Eternally"
This clue should have led you to the Winged warriors that forever guard the entrance to the Spectre dungeon at Reg Volom.

Clue 3 -- "Accessed through string and bone"
The correct way to get to Reg Volom is through the Ilshenar Spider Caves. String being analogous for their webs, and Bone being analogous of their piles of victims found throughout the caves.
Bone also referring to the second way to reach Reg Volom, through the Serpent's Jawbone teleporter.

Clue 4 -- "Where Dead Brothers lie"
The final clue should have confirmed to you that you were in fact in the correct spot, as there are various spirits roaming around Reg Volom labeled as "Dead Brother".

Congratulations to those who were able to successfully unravel the clues!

-Lord Brackus
Governor of New Magincia