• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Treasure Hunter/Tamer questions

R

Rocklin

1) How much am I sacrificing in power and utility by trying to take a pure Tamer and making the character a Treasure Hunter / Tamer?

2) What does the template look like?

3) Have you ever played a THunter/Tamer, and what advise would you recommend?

Thank you for your time, Rock

U

uoBuoY

When I do high end TMaps I use 2 comps and 2 accounts. One is TMap hunter with a lot of resists and the other is a Tamer/Bard. Very efficient. Never died.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My t hunter decodes maps then soulstones carto and picks up lockpicking. But in addition to taming lore and vet she also has disco and music. It's a real template crunch but I like the versatility. :)

W

Whinemaker

I have a "pure" t-hunter tamer since the 7xGM days. The only difference now is the additional 10 in taming and lore after the introduction of Power Scrolls, and more pets to mess with.

My template:

110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet

100 Magery
100 Meditation

100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking

Accessories used to bump Taming/Lore/Vet for max stable slots (scrolled to 120).

If your Greater Dragon is decent you should be able to handle anything ONE-ON-ONE up to level 6. For anything up to level 5 a mare and a dragon/white wyrm will do. Just make sure you don't try to take on 4 Ancient Wyrms at a time. It might take some time for the initial spawn but there shouldn't be any problems afterwards.

If you're not comfortable with commanding pets (which I think 110/110 is quite enough) try equipping the Birds Talisman from the Library Collection, and that should take your skills to 115/115.

To be frank I don't think you'll be sacrificing much power if your pets are good. You might not have the ability to discord/dump spells/arrows on the monsters and therefore lose a few seconds in killing them, or the ability to peace/provoke to bail yourself out of a nasty situation, but really, you just need to know when to fight and when to run, and as long as you don't go gung-ho on anything without first assessing the situation you'll be fine.