• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Third Festival of the Way: Discussion and Roles

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Festival of the Way
WarderDragon

"...And so, the four filled their skins with the Water of Life which still flows to this very day from the Fountain in Lord British's Castle. They set out on the second Friday of the fifth month from the Castle and made their way South towards Trinsic. But alas, they never made it, nor did they ever find the City..."
- Ceno Cottonwood. The Festival of the Way.

The time is approaching.

Below I am listing the roles and the fiction surrounding the annual event. Those wishing to participate are welcome to volunteer. Those who have participated before have first pick of resuming their previous role.

I suspect the Widow will be providing her own IC input in the coming weeks.

Roles -

The Lord of the Way - This is the person who leads the procession along the path. The Lord (or Lady) is also in charge of organizing the event and welcoming those who arrive. He describes the meaning of the of the Procession before it sets out from Britain.

Previous Lords of the Way: Ceno Cottonwood and James the Animal Tamer.

The Keeper of Stories - This is a person chosen for their knowledge of the lore who recites the tale of the Four Companions during the procession.

The previous Keeper of Stories were Nicholas Tarrant and Handalf.

The Warrior - A Stranger to these lands who joined the four companions because he wanted to see the world.

The Warrior is believed to be based on the Stranger and Geoffrey the Companion of Virtue. The previous Warriors include Bucko, Squire of Berg, and Zorax.

James the Animal Tamer requested the chance to be the Warrior.

The Shepherdess - The Thaumaturgists niece who set out from Britain - then called Akalabeth - to attend the funeral of her Uncle.

She is based on Katrina the Companion of Virtue. The previous Shepherdess' include Pol the Shepherd and Katrina Cole.

The Alchemist - A Shopkeeper who wishes to pay his respects to the Thaumaturgist. In truth he wishes to steal a magical ring from the Grave that will grant him great power.

The previous Alchemists were Sleath Von Darkmor, Asimov, and Taliesin.

The Bard - The Bard whose name is known throughout the realm. He is to sing a Dirge in honor of the Thaumaturgist.

The previous Bards have been Pete, the Count of Berg, and Brytt Heathard of the Golden Knights.

The Daughter of the King / The Cupbearer - The Daughter of the King who bears Water from the Well of Life. At the end of the procession, the pilgrims drink from the Chalice and are restored.

The previous Cupbearer was Magdalena Canzione.

The Castle Servant - Servant of Lord Cantabrigian British.

The previous Castle Servant was Rmaug.

The Elders of the Kingdom of Dawn - Those who stand at the midpoint to Journeys End. They cry out for the Pilgrims to open their eyes and see, but the Pilgrims are blind and must pass them by.

Citizens of the Kingdom of Dawn assume the role of the Elders. In contrast to the Pilgrims, the Elders wear White.

The Ghost - A Ghost who haunts the procession and attempts to turn them back towards Britain.

Previous Ghosts: Oriana and Mark the Brigand.

The Gulgeth Orc Clan - Demand Tribute of the Pilgrims before allowing them to pass to Trinsic.

Previous Orcs: Kur'pur and Ulg'Maz.

The Lord Marshal of Trinsic - The Lord Marshal who welcomes the Four Companions to the rebuilt Fortress of Trinsic.

Believed to be based on Japeth the Paladin. The previous Lord Marshal was Elladan Faeryn.

The Master of Ceremonies - The Master of Ceremonies who also welcomes the Four Companions to Trinsic and initiates the Festival in their honor. The Master of Ceremonies dressed in white and carries what the original Master described as a Phallic Stave.

The Previous Master of Ceremonies was Xel the Wanderer.

The Tailor - The Tailor is in charge of preparing the clothes for the Pilgrims. Pilgrims are expected to wear all black to symbolize their mourning for the loss of the Thaumaturgist. Those who choose to be the Tailor are expected to be available to take custom requests prior to the Event.

The previous Tailors include Katrina D'Antres and Tarwyn Runeblade.

The Crier - The Freeborn Press / Baja Stratics News will be spreading the word of the Event.

Previous Criers: Sara. Ceno Cottonwood.​

The previous Festivals required that all pilgrims wear Shadow Black Cloth. Some have suggested attempting to create Abyssal Cloth Garments for this Festival.

500 Candles are required to be placed along the Procession Path. We will require volunteers to place the candles an hour before the event and to decorate the Festival Grounds.

Golden Caps are offered to those Pilgrims who hail from Other Worlds.

The Festival of the Way occurs on the Second Friday of the Fifth Month. This years event will occur on Friday, the 13th of May.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: The Festival of the Way - Discussion Thread

Magdalena Canzione of Queen Shieba's Alliance has announced her intention to resume the role of Cupbearer.

Aesop has accepted the role of Bard.

L

LynneOfMagincia

Greetings!

I have begun making outfits ahead of time for this wonderful event. If there are any special requests, please feel free to send me a bluebird, Chicken lizard or other form of foul with note attached and I will be glad to fill it.

Sincerely,

Lynne Of Magincia

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynne of Magincia has accepted the role of Clothier.

Elladan shall again assume the role of Lord Marshal.

Silverbrook has volunteered her services as the Shepherdess.

I am told I am to be the Keeper of Memories. Not that I was given a choice in the matter.