• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Tamer Thief

• Thread starter I FLEX YA HEARD
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

I FLEX YA HEARD

Need some advice on my new template

It goes as follows when fully suited up (705 skill cap)

110 - lore
110 - taming
100 - hiding
100 - magery
95 - snooping
100- stealing
100 - stealth
85 - vet

total skill points 805

real skill...

95 - lore
82 - taming
100- hiding
100- magery
95- snooping
80 - stealing
68 - stealth
85 - vet

total real points

+5 lore/+ 5 taming - talisman
+20 stealing/+20 stealth - legs
+13 taming/+12 stealth - ring
+10 taming/10+ lore - mark of trav

all 100% lrc half decent mage suit

the reason why snooping is only 95 is because when you search character on uo.com it will appear more obvious that you are in fact a thief. This template if followed properly will have gm magery, hiding and master lore appear.

B

Bloodeye

Who is actually searching at uo.com for someone and can remember his skills?

lol

I

I FLEX YA HEARD

man you would be surprised..with all these hardcore trammy guilds out there all it takes is a little suspicion and your cover is blown...

but anyways, i think its a solid template...just need items to complete it

what does everyone think?

S

Sarphus

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the synergy of your skill selections.

My assumption is that you chose taming on your thief so people don't realize you're a thief and you have more time to pick from them, but I really don't understand stealth with taming in general.

Your pets can't stealth, so I don't think stealth has a lot of synergy with taming. I have friends that run stealth tamers and swear by them, but I haven't seen them do anything with their stealth tamer that I can't do on at least 4 other builds and those 4 other builds can do a lot of things a stealth tamer can't.

That being said...
I do see synergy with stealth and magery, cause you can stealth using hiding or magery invis, which can be handy. The problem is your pets will either be getting killed by someone or they will be following you around showing exactly where you are.

I'm not sure how it would work out, but it seems to me that you would gain a lot of escape ability if you put ninjitsu on your template for the animal forms.

Also, I'm not sure how effective you will be as a thief. Sure, you'll get away with stealing a couple of times before people realize you're a thief, but mots people will figure it out pretty quickly. I ran a thief for the first 2 yrs of UO and I can recognize a thief just by how they approach me. if someone I don't think is a thief approaches me like that, I move. Maybe that's where the stealth comes in, but again the pets will reveal your location or have to wait off screen :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Need some advice on my new template

It goes as follows when fully suited up (705 skill cap)

110 - lore
110 - taming
100 - hiding
100 - magery
95 - snooping
100- stealing
100 - stealth
85 - vet

total skill points 805

real skill...

95 - lore
82 - taming
100- hiding
100- magery
95- snooping
80 - stealing
68 - stealth
85 - vet

total real points

+5 lore/+ 5 taming - talisman
+20 stealing/+20 stealth - legs
+13 taming/+12 stealth - ring
+10 taming/10+ lore - mark of trav

all 100% lrc half decent mage suit

the reason why snooping is only 95 is because when you search character on uo.com it will appear more obvious that you are in fact a thief. This template if followed properly will have gm magery, hiding and master lore appear.
How do you plan to get around passive reveals? That's the weak point in your template. You'll quickly get known as a thief trust me worrying about UO.com isn't an issue as there are only so many people in Fel PvPing and your going to get revealed every time you steal. A way to avoid passive reveal is very important to a non Siege thief these days, and the only really effective way is Ninjitsu's Shadow Jump.

I

I FLEX YA HEARD

lol reveals aren't that bad at 120...maybe gm might be a little worse but only time you are revealed is when someone theres a crowd or high detect hidden...

its more of a trammel char but still has the benefits of a fel thief....its not like i go around fel trying to steal bandages... I steal **** from guilds or w/e...do spawns and steal their scrolls...

the temp is ALOT more fun than just a regular thief...check it out for yourself

I

I FLEX YA HEARD

ok you ******s, post an innovated version of this template then...

I

I FLEX YA HEARD

Ok I redid the template a bit....check it out

110 lore
110 taming
100 hiding
110 stealth
100 stealing
100 snooping
100 magery
80 vet

810 skill points (705 base)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Only 95 Snooping?

that's dumb...
Only need 90 with a blessed Burglar's Bandanna with +10 on it

I run a thief on Chessy most the time (actually more than my tamers), and he's set up kinda funky

Stealing 112.1 67.1 heading down to 60
Hiding 100.0 100.0
Snooping 100.0 92.2 down to 90
Stealth 100.0 75.0
Ninjitsu 98.0 83.0 up to 100
Poisoning 80.0 80.0
Chivalry 72.7 72.7 down to 70
Fencing 70.0 70.0
Tactics 70.0 70.0

I use Shadow Dancers for +20 Stealing and Stealth and the Burglar's Bandanna (+10 Steal, +10 Snoop, +10 Stealth) along with a +15 Ninjitsu Bracelet and +15 Steal Ring. The template works pretty well to be honest as I have a Talisman of the Fey to boost stealing up and carry an extra bracelet with +15 steal on it......

Stealth stops failing at 75, there's no reason to go over as I find I get revealed as much by passive reveal with my thief at 75 as with my tamer at 120 stealth.

The Fencing and Tactics are so I can do Infectious Strike with a dagger and the 80 poisoning lets me apply deadly poison and boosts it's effect up a level to lethal 80% of the time.

A

Arch Magus

I understand Nexus, my thief on chessy has ~92ish Snooping with a blessed Bandana.

The template he's making uses Mark of Trav with 10 Taming/lore.:scholar:

Bet you thought this was the Thief forum, didn't you? :hahaha: j/k!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I understand Nexus, my thief on chessy has ~92ish Snooping with a blessed Bandana.

The template he's making uses Mark of Trav with 10 Taming/lore.:scholar:

Bet you thought this was the Thief forum, didn't you? :hahaha: j/k!
Nah I knew it was Taming forum...I frequent here too :) I've got 3 tamers of my own. Just pointing out how his differs from one of the many standard thief templates and why I have mine set up the way I do.

I

I FLEX YA HEARD

Actually, this template can be created easily with burglars bandanna instead of the mark of trav...thought it would need trav but i guess not :)

810 skill points used..something like that but thats on 705 cap..

imagine if you had the extra +15 skill points and +5 stealth from leaf cloak?? wow...

id probably raise stealing to 120 and make it perfect...