• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Summon Fiend Quest.......

G

Is it completable now?
Last I knew it was broken,just trying to get full book,don`t wanna waste time if I can`t finish.

I

imported_Viper09

Well, if it IS broken, try on another facet. If you don't complete the quest you wont be able to cast the spell, even if you have it. I tried it a while ago and it worked well.

G

Thanks,ya I just started the quest,its been a long time since I`ve tried a weaver.I might have even been misinformed about it being broken at one time too.

Kill 50 Imps,seems simple enuff,hehe.

G

Well,I ran thru the entire quest and got the the end and guess what? Its broke.

Last step is go out and kill and arcane demon,than return for reward.
After killing the arcane demon I got the sound of the quest being completed and the writing at the bottom left saying its done and not to forget to return for my reward.

Now I return to Brae the Wise only for her to give me the only option of the same quest.No reward,nothing but the same "kill the arcane demon" and return fior reward thing.
So after doing that AGAIN I come back and when I click Brae all I get is:

<You need to vanquish an arcane demon before the imps will fear you properly>

*Close*

/sigh...... Soooooooo,waiting on GM to either correct my situation or tellme its broken.

My quest book shows I completed it but.....................

9 in Que w00t! At least the race is on,hehe. Go Gordon!!!!!!

G

So,everyone out here in Uhallville has the Summon Fiend quest done? Am I the only weaver who couldn`t complete it?

I`m just curious because I`m STILL #9 in que.........

I

imported_mdscan

I was helping me friend do the quest and he got stuck at the same spot. We went and did the last part again and got the same result. The sound you get when you kill the demon is not the quest completion sound. What we ended up doing was cancelling the last part of the quest, NOT the whole quest chain. Then he got the last part of the quest again and we were able to complete it. Hope that this works for you. We were a bit hesitant about cancelling the quest but when we realized it was just the bugged last part that we could cancel and then get again, it was ok. We didn't want to have to go throught the whole quest chain again, so this was not too bad.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is it completable now?
Last I knew it was broken,just trying to get full book,don`t wanna waste time if I can`t finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a difficult bug to squash! Chrissay and I worked on this bug today, and we submitted a fix for QA to review.

This bug should hopefully be fixed soon (no promises).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Is it completable now?

[/ QUOTE ]

What a difficult bug to squash! Chrissay and I worked on this bug today, and we submitted a fix for QA to review.

This bug should hopefully be fixed soon (no promises).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Drac have restored my faith in the UO Dev team.

G

And don't forget Chrissay!! =)

Seriously....it's awesome to have all of the UO Team communicating with us, here on Stratics. Thanks for squishing those bugs! Sometimes you have to hit a ****roach two or three times! *grins*

G

Can you please check on the quest to get the spellweaving skill fixed also? I got to the part where you collect the honey and fish and flower and the honey never would show as completed when it was toggled even though i received the sound that the quest was completed. Went back just to hear have you gathered the requested items yet. checked in the quest gump and the honey still shows that there are 0 items toggled even though i have all of them.