• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Stranger Gems...

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

RavenWinterHawk

Well, I have enough bitter postings for today. So...

I am collecting up the stranger gems. There are 12 different gems that are unique.

If you dont know you can find them randomly scattered when a Stranger dies. They arent rare but they arent real common. Sometimes I dont see or find any. Other times I might see 6. This is based on doing about 10 hyoloth Strangers.

Anyway, what do people think they are for?

Is that what they are searching for (the strangers)?

Will we need them? I find them more interesting then the boxes everyone wants.

As a merchant I like to speculate, so I am trying to find or buy as many gems as possible.

I think (if not for making a nice lockdown in museum) they will have a value in game.

Im speculating trade in points. Lots of points. But cant figure out what the story line would be.

E

Emil IsTemp

Me thinks the strangers are looking for some type of magic gem(s).. thought I read somthing on the Herald or the boards about that.. And i think someone hinted to previous Ultima Lore as the source for the current plot.

Thinking about rarity, the gems will most likely be pretty common like the rat coins for a few months on vendors, but will soon dissapear and increase in price.. as how the large (Valek's) diamond went.. im guessing..

Longer the strangers are around, the less we get for the gems in the long run. =/

R

RavenWinterHawk

Me thinks the strangers are looking for some type of magic gem(s).. thought I read somthing on the Herald or the boards about that.. And i think someone hinted to previous Ultima Lore as the source for the current plot.

Thinking about rarity, the gems will most likely be pretty common like the rat coins for a few months on vendors, but will soon dissapear and increase in price.. as how the large (Valek's) diamond went.. im guessing..

Longer the strangers are around, the less we get for the gems in the long run. =/
Thats how i figure the boxes will be. 8 or so boxes drop a day. They have no use.

But the gems are a bit different. You cant find all 12 in day. The really decreased the spawn from week one.

If they have to be turned in for something then more value.

But your right, time to get them is now when they are available.

E

Emil IsTemp

Yup. Even if they were a turn-in, id prolly still hold on to em. Wonder what these dam threads of life/fate are for already? hehe

T

Trebr Drab

Since the Strangers say something like "here take these, they are useless to me", these aren't the gems they are looking for.

I posted a while ago that I thought they were looking for the Virtue Stones, and there are but one each of them, each hidden in their anti virtue dungeons. At least that's the case in the Ultima lore. (And I hope that they aren't planning to screw with that.)

These Virtue Stones have a purpose:
In Ultima IV, the Stranger had to find the eight Stones, because they were needed to retrieve the ancient Key of Three Parts (Truth, Love, Courage) from the altars deep within the dungeons. Six of the stones were found in the corresponding dungeons. But the White Stone of Spirituality was stolen from Hythloth, and there wasn't a dungeon for Humility.

* The White Stone was in a small valley in Serpent's Spine, only reachable with the Blink-spell or with the Balloon.
* The Black Stone was found at the Moongate of Moonglow, when both of the Moons were in the phase of new moon.

Having done this, and obtaining the Key, the Stones were again needed, to descend the Abyss. Each stone needed to be used at a altar to descend to the next level, with each level dedicated to one virtue.
http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Virtue_Stones

Edit: Wasn't there something about the Moonglow Moongate in a past event, something to do with one of the figures that turned out to be a Shadow Lord?

R

RavenWinterHawk

Since the Strangers say something like "here take these, they are useless to me", these aren't the gems they are looking for.

I posted a while ago that I thought they were looking for the Virtue Stones, and there are but one each of them, each hidden in their anti virtue dungeons. At least that's the case in the Ultima lore. (And I hope that they aren't planning to screw with that.)

These Virtue Stones have a purpose:

http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Virtue_Stones

Edit: Wasn't there something about the Moonglow Moongate in a past event, something to do with one of the figures that turned out to be a Shadow Lord?
Hmm if they say they are useless, maybe they will only be good for decoration. Either way, it gives me something to collect.

B

burnttrees

i am waiting to see that the strangers are complete idiots and we will be turning them in like the books of truth while some other npc tries to figure out which stone is the real one either way i am just going to sit back :popcorn:

R

RavenWinterHawk

i am waiting to see that the strangers are complete idiots and we will be turning them in like the books of truth while some other npc tries to figure out which stone is the real one either way i am just going to sit back :popcorn:
that would be fun

E

Evilminion

Heehee! I second that assessment. That would be cool. :)

I only have ten of the twelve new stones, but I'm working like blazes to find the other two! Whenever I'm at a stranger spawn, and the box scatters, I ignore everything else to just go for gems. You just KNOW I'm going to walk right past a crimson cincture in my single-minded daze and then kick myself for a week afterwards. :lol:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Heehee! I second that assessment. That would be cool. :)

I only have ten of the twelve new stones, but I'm working like blazes to find the other two! Whenever I'm at a stranger spawn, and the box scatters, I ignore everything else to just go for gems. You just KNOW I'm going to walk right past a crimson cincture in my single-minded daze and then kick myself for a week afterwards. :lol:

I do a quick ctrl alt then look for gems.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how rare they will end up being just yet but I am selling them for a mil a piece on LS.

E

Emil IsTemp

I was one of the lucky ones that got the first stranger. Think they were bugged, cuz they went away for a few days, and now dont spawn with many gems at all.. but yea, 10-15 of each from 2 of those strangers =).

*throws in pile in house*