• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The state of threads being made...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The current state of threads being made on this forum is absolutely deplorable, they are predominately being made by two posters and nearly every thread on the front page at the moment is OT or just of complete insignificance to the game, let alone Oceania. Several threads are being created all of which exist upon the same topic (e.g events in Oceania) and 99% of them just revolve around endless dribble such as "What are you eating tonight?" Or "What is your favorite "Spring Clean" turn in reward?".

Ovrkill tried to make a thread to address the problem of too many "OT" threads being created and what did it turn into?

*chuckles*

You expect people the share chocolate? =o

Oh, wait, he's a man, he might

*carefully hides her block of rum 'n raisin dark*
strange enough I do not like rum and rasin chocolate BUT I love the ice cream.
stuff rum n raisn!! Ice cream shop here has some gelato sorta stuff but its ferrero rocher flavoured i had a taste today and *drools* is good next time im down town im going to get myself a cup of it
Seriously... this forum is absolute dribble.

A

Amathist of PoC

And I believe this would be considered redundant as you said Ovrkill already made a thread to address the issue. And the comments you quoted where at the END of the discussion after constructive comments had already been posted.

So if you are going to quote at least try and portray what happened and not what you have twisted it to be. Or rather what you think will flame the biggest reaction.

If the forum is dribble and not something you wish to read...then simple do not read it. But I think people would rather read threads about " Spring Clean Ticket Rewards" which is an IN GAME topic rather the threads where you constantly attack people.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I believe this would be considered redundant as you said Ovrkill already made a thread to address the issue. And the comments you quoted where at the END of the discussion after constructive comments had already been posted.

So if you are going to quote at least try and portray what happened and not what you have twisted it to be. Or rather what you think will flame the biggest reaction.
So as soon as a thread is finished being discussed it's okay to go COMPLETELY off topic? There is a group of about 5 or 6 posters on this board who continually back each other up and scoff at the sight of one of them being critiqued and continually dismiss it as being "FLAMED" or "TROLL TROLL TROLL, BAN THE TROLL". I am almost certain that I am not the only person who comes here to read about ULTIMA ONLINE and is severely disappointed to find that there is absolutely nothing worthy of reading let alone opening the thread about.

A

Amathist of PoC

Then you should have commented in the thread that was made by Ovrkill not create your own thread as it does seem like trolling as the discussion has already taken place else where.

As for comments going completely off topic there were maybe 3 posts in the entire thread that where and were said in jest as the comment about chocolate came about after saying we would behave so does that mean we deserve chocolate so it was actually on and off topic.

As for 5 or 6 people backing each other up I can only assume it is because they have the same point of view I know I personally never run to any one and say "oh please help me someone has disagreed or attacked me"

As for you not being the only one concerned about the state of threads - I guess they would/could of had there say in Ovrkills thread also, but all I pretty much saw was a call to leave the OT alone.

And as for being labeled a troll for your critique it could be the wording you use perhaps.

P.S Have a lovely day end of discussion for me.

T

Teeshy

Pfft!

You forgot, I also asked why this smiley :coco: was named coco, instead of loco.

*goes off to check that was the thread that I asked it in*

Oh wait, sorry, am I taking this thread offtopic too, by bringing it up again? Meh!

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you should have commented in the thread that was made by Ovrkill not create your own thread as it does seem like trolling as the discussion has already taken place else where.

As for you not being the only one concerned about the state of threads - I guess they would/could of had there say in Ovrkills thread also, but all I pretty much saw was a call to leave the OT alone.
The fact is that the thread has a different point than mine, he talked about limiting the amount of OT threads however mine is addressing the fact that nearly all of the current threads on the board are complete and utter dribble, even the ones which relate to UO.

My case in point:

Pfft!

You forgot, I also asked why this smiley was named coco, instead of loco.

*goes off to check that was the thread that I asked it in*

Oh wait, sorry, am I taking this thread offtopic too, by bringing it up again? Meh!

A

Amathist of PoC

Tomato Tamato.........oops there I go again mentioning food. Your threads topic was discussed in the the other thread. There for this thread is not needed and will probably just be locked.

farewell, have a great day may the lords of virtue shine upon you and the wind fill your sails.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tomato Tamato.........oops there I go again mentioning food. Your threads topic was discussed in the the other thread. There for this thread is not needed and will probably just be locked.

farewell, have a great day may the lords of virtue shine upon you and the wind fill your sails.
So you are trying to get my thread locked - one of which actually has a reasonable point and is not discussed in the other thread, due to the fact that there is a similar one already created. Shouldn't all of the threads relating to events or OT threads then be deleted as such?

Also I'll add, if my thread does end up being deleted or locked due to one of a "similar" topic being created. That would be so ironically hypercritical.

kvhokuto

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO? I come here to be shocked and horrified by the depths that human stupidity can sink to and this forum never lets me down.

PS. there is no apostrophe in WANT, amathist.

A

Amathist of PoC

So you are trying to get my thread locked - one of which actually has a reasonable point and is not discussed in the other thread, due to the fact that there is a similar one already created. Shouldn't all of the threads relating to events or OT threads then be deleted as such?

Also I'll add, if my thread does end up being deleted or locked due to one of a "similar" topic being created. That would be so ironically hypercritical.
I have no personal vendetta against your thread that is way to much drama for me. I was only stating that it will probably be locked as when the moderators see it they will most likely see it as a topic that has already been discussed or designed to flame the community and cause arguments.

IT is an observation nothing more...take that how you will.

Again have a grand day I hope its full of sunshine.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no personal vendetta against your thread that is way to much drama for me. I was only stating that it will probably be locked as when the moderators see it they will most likely see it as a topic that has already been discussed or designed to flame the community and cause arguments.

IT is an observation nothing more...take that how you will.
In your eyes: designed to flame the community and cause arguments.
In my eyes: I am providing a critique on the dribble that has become of this forum.

Does anyone notice how there is virtually zero new threads created outside of a marginal group of people who seem to all have the same topic? This is because that people who come here to read stuff related to Oceania or UO initially think they have misclicked and hit the "OT and Events created by the same people" topic.

T

Teeshy

That wasn't dribble, it was a troll. i.e a totally irrelevant post, made to try and get a response, which it did.

I should apologise for that, I usually try not to troll, but I'm hyper, and it amused me. I'm easily amused, you have no idea how often I crack up laughing at these forums

A

Amathist of PoC

That wasn't dribble, it was a troll. i.e a totally irrelevant post, made to try and get a response, which it did.

I should apologise for that, I usually try not to troll, but I'm hyper, and it amused me. I'm easily amused, you have no idea how often I crack up laughing at these forums
I am always amused also :D and today I am all moonbeams and sunshine must be the pain killers *laughs*

A

Amathist of PoC

nope was just an innocent comment letting teeshy know she is not alone in her amusement.

K

Katlene

wouldnt that be nice!!
i find it amusing, OP always has a carry on that if you dont like it then dont have anything to do with it, just doesnt put it in such a way.
heeding his own advise might be a good thing here.
Dont like something then dont expose yourself to it. simple :D

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i find it amusing, OP always has a carry on that if you dont like it then dont have anything to do with it, just doesnt put it in such a way.
Quote me as to saying anything nearly similar to that?

Anyway, way to deflect completely off topic... again. Trolls.

A

Amathist of PoC

Katlene's comments and Mishras are not off topic - you posted saying that the forums contained nothing but dribble and you hated reading it. Mishra just wants everyone to get along and is over the drama and arguments - there for relevant here as people view things different to you so its at least a debate.

Katlene's comment was that pvpers normally tell us if we do not like it to just stay away from it and blah blah blah....again relevant because the same could be said about the OT threads or the forum if you do not like it do not read it.

So neither was a deflect or an attempt to take the topic off topic they are comments and points of view which is well what a forum is for to let everyone in a wide spread community with same interests to have a voice...so I guess if you don't like to hear them or to listen to another view point don't read it and don't start threads that will draw that attention......because that could be considered trolling if all you are going to do is complain because people respond to you with disagreement.

M

Mijac_Chmon

Points have been made on both sides. They will be discussed and digested by the Moderators on this forum.

As such, this thread has served its purpose.

Locky McLockLock.

Status
Not open for further replies.