• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] "The Spoils of War"

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously, the Mysterious Strangers have finally made their entrance, so I might as well detail what you get for taking them down.

When they die, there is an explosion of gold and rare gems. Likewise, a "Magical Lockbox" drops when they die. When opened, it sets off an area effect DP trap, then becomes a moveable, takable item. There are 16 types of gems (from at least the one stranger), and they're all ones we couldn't get before.. a picture:

Happy hunting, everyone.

*edit* It's actually 12 types... 4 of them are just the normal gems (including the amber). Please note there is a form of ruby that looks identical to the regular one that drops here, but can't be stacked with the others (which is why there are two stacks of that sprite in my pic).

L

Lord Drakelord

ya got the chest on Sonoma today, just need to get a few more of those gems next time.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so they spawn in the dungeons like despise, hythloth, deceit etc right?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and completely at random on some unknown schedule.

Buying Rares Inc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little more info on this event please? Do the Strangers spawn and if so where? are those the only jewls that spawn?

I ask because there are other rare items that this event might Ruin. Event item Large Emerald ATL event, Event item Large Diamond, and the Server Birth Large Saffire.

If those items spawn then they will no longer be considered rare. We need more updates from this event please.

And are these Strangers hard to beat? what is their difficulty level?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Little more info on this event please? Do the Strangers spawn and if so where? are those the only jewls that spawn?

I ask because there are other rare items that this event might Ruin. Event item Large Emerald ATL event, Event item Large Diamond, and the Server Birth Large Saffire.

If those items spawn then they will no longer be considered rare. We need more updates from this event please.

And are these Strangers hard to beat? what is their difficulty level?
No idea, no idea, and I wouldn't be a good judge of how strong they are.

Damn "rares" people only worrying about what stuff won't be worth as much anymore, I swear.. and yes i'd count myself in that group as well, except I couldn't care less if something i've had for 6 or 7 years suddenly is worth less than it was. That would just mean I had 6 or 7 years where I COULD have sold it but decided to cherish it instead (or, in the case of most people around here, greedily latched onto it in the hopes of making an obscene profit farther down the line), and it obviously would still mean just as much to me afterward. >.>

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BAh to the rares side of it:p could you give us any info so we can participate in the event please. what dungeons have you seen them in, what are we looking for, tram fell, are they soloable or is it a group kill affair? thanks in advance if you can post info:)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No idea, no idea, and I wouldn't be a good judge of how strong they are.

Damn "rares" people only worrying about what stuff won't be worth as much anymore, I swear.. and yes i'd count myself in that group as well, except I couldn't care less if something i've had for 6 or 7 years suddenly is worth less than it was. That would just mean I had 6 or 7 years where I COULD have sold it but decided to cherish it instead (or, in the case of most people around here, greedily latched onto it in the hopes of making an obscene profit farther down the line), and it obviously would still mean just as much to me afterward. >.>
No it means they are worrying about items they have spent a fair amount of gold on for their RARE collection, for it to no longer really apply to their collection as its no longer rare.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BAh to the rares side of it:p could you give us any info so we can participate in the event please. what dungeons have you seen them in, what are we looking for, tram fell, are they soloable or is it a group kill affair? thanks in advance if you can post info:)
Thunderz, this thread on UHall provides all information currently known here on the boards about the strangers and their goodies

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only seen Myxkion in Despise so far, and it's definitely a group fight. There should be other "strangers", but i've not heard of anyone encountering them yet...

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided to sell a few of the gems I got from the battle on a vendor at my place in Luna on LS.. if anyone is looking for them head there.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
The 16 new gem shapes:

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only 12 of them are actually new as the 4 regular vendor shapes dropped and stack with the regular ones.

Someone said something about the "piece of amber" being rare but the vendor ones have the same name.....

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I edited my first post a while back. The ones i've surrounded in green should be the ones that are just the normal gems:

They should even combine properly with the normal ones, so it's a good way to tell. The others are all jsut as rare as I thought tho.

It's my fault.. I didn't notice the regular ones were in there. Sorry everyone.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone managed to figure out if he is on a spawn time yet? atlantic just had him (i got the box:D and a couple of gems!) europa has had him twice today both times in despise, all shards seem to see him spawning by org island.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Thanks Crysta... :thumbsup:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone managed to figure out if he is on a spawn time yet? atlantic just had him (i got the box:D and a couple of gems!) europa has had him twice today both times in despise, all shards seem to see him spawning by org island.
he spawned just inside despise entrance on cats, not a good fight for tight quarters hehe

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone seen him today? been on 7 ervers and he's nowere to be seen in despise, unless im just really unlucky and he's been killed on those 7 already!! gona go check some other dungeons out.

"edit" just found him on napa and no ones there:)