• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS The Sosarian World Christmas Decor Long Program **UPDATED**

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOGuideX3.jpg
It gives me great pleasure to announce on behalf of UO Guide, Kayhynn's UO Home Decor, The Stratics Network & Goodman's Rune Library...
"The Sosarian World Christmas Décor Long Program!"
Inspired by the Sosarian World Winter Olympic Games, the World Christmas Décor Long Program is the foremost Shardwide Christmas Decor Contest.​
To Qualify your Creative Space must be a home in Sosaria on any UO shard.​
It must be decorated in great & festive Christmas Detail.​
It must have at least 2 of the 4 technical Elements shown below to qualify.​
1. Snowman​
2. Christmas tree​
3. Santa​
4. Nativity Scene​
Your program will consist of Screenshots posted (sized according to this sites' graphics specifications ) below this announcement to qualify showing all your technical elements and at least one showing overall design.​
Home Owner's name & Forum Name if different from Home Owner, Shard name, Facet & Co-ordinates to the entered home must be posted to a qualifying forum listed.​
Single homes, multiple homes & vendor establishments are welcome and will be judged with equal weight.​
Official Judges will visit your entry. UOHomeDecor will be doing a Tour & Video.​
Entries must include at least 2 of 4 technical elements and over all presentation including idea, concept, vision and unity. Winners will be contacted via PM on the site that the entry was posted.​
Two 6.0 scores will be awarded by the Sosarian World Winter Olympic Judges for Technical marks and Creative marks, the sum of which will compile the Total Competition Score.​
Highest Score will win the following Prizes on the shard of your choice. These prizes have been generously donated by JCTheBuilder & UO Guide.
1st - $60 in UO Codes or 300 Million
2nd - $40 in UO Codes or 200 Million
3rd - $20 in UO Codes or 100 Million
In addition to the amazing Top Three prizes above, The Stratics Network have upped the Prize pool by offering the following:
1. Permanent Custom Forum Title
2. 1-year Stratics Pro membership
3. 6-month Stratics Pro membership
Contest will run from December 1st to December 31st. Winners will be announced on January 1st, 2014.​
Three Official Entry Collection Sites will include UO Guide's UO Discussion Forum, Stratics' UO Homes and Castles Forum & UOForums' UO Homes & Castles Forum.​
If you need help with your screenshots Kayhynn from UOHomeDecor can be reached at​
[email protected] and she will be happy to help you with them.

Questions can also be PM to Kayhynn or Andrasta or to [email protected]

Best Wishes of the Season & Good Luck to All!

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(there will be 3 posts for each floor)

House Owner: A Polar Bear
House Name and theme: A Snowmans Winter Wonderland
Shard: Great Lakes
Facet: Trammel
Location: Dagger Island (next to where the werewolf quest is)
CC 1st floor
Entrance.JPG 1st fl center.JPG 1st fl lft frnt twr.JPG 1st fl lft hall.JPG 1st fl lft bck twr.JPG 1st fl  bck hllwy.JPG 1st fl rght bck twr.JPG 1st fl rght hllwy.JPG 1st fl rght twr.JPG

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
CC 2nd floor

2nd fl frnt hll.JPG 2nd fl center.JPG 2nd fl lft frnt twr.JPG 2nd fl lft hllwy.JPG 2nd  fl lft bck lft twr.JPG 2nd fl bck hllwy.JPG 2nd  fl rght bck twr.JPG 2ndt fl rght hllwy.JPG 2nd fl rght twr.JPG

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
CC 3rd floor
3rdfl cntr rftp.JPG 3rdfl cntr rftp scrtrm.JPG 3rd fl lft frnt rf twr.JPG 3rd fl lft bck rf twr.JPG 3rd fl rghtbck rf twr.JPG 3rd fl rghtfrnt rf twr.JPG EC top view
entopview.JPG

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow from me as well! Lovely deco lots of effort and talent all of you. The castle is the most advanced with 2nd floor courtyards. Ive done it once and it was very tricky even with the simple deco I used. Doing such job for just a short season ..wow..

Fake Problems

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Character: Voodoo Trucker
House Name: A Promise of Spring
Shard: Atlantic
Theme: Rustic Winter Retreat

Hello, I'm Fake Problems/Clara Codstongue/Voodoo Trucker. I thought I'd throw my wintery home into the contest! I'm located on Tram Ice Island, on Atlantic. I've had the home for about 5 months now.

You can find me at TRAM ATLANTIC 108, 16' N 174, 14' W, or I've included a handy picture I made in paint. It may be cold walking here.

I hope you enjoy my home and please leave a message on the Bulletin board (it's located as soon as you come in to the home, on your left hand side!) to say Hi :)

Logan Anderson

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Would anyone be able to help me take some pictures of mine this weekend? I think the quality of my pictures was a major hindrance last competition.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can help you with pictures!

It's a bit busy for me but let's try to get together this weekend.

Please pm me some times EST that are good for you.

Also please note Judges will be coming to your house to see it as well.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beautiful decorations from everyone! I have a question for Elustriah: On the bottom floor of your house there is what looks like a love seat? I don't think I've see one like that before. Where did you get it?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beautiful decorations from everyone! I have a question for Elustriah: On the bottom floor of your house there is what looks like a love seat? I don't think I've see one like that before. Where did you get it?
it comes with the kings collection its a craftable for carpentry

Last edited:

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would like to enter... But I can not do screen shots.. any way possible someone could take them for me?

Siege Perilous.. -Kattasrophe

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will come take them for you say on the 27th or 28th. I'll pm you on the 27th to work out a time/date.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didnt think of setting up ladders for the 4 roof towers when i took the pictures.My eye allergies i had a hard time setting the pictures and posting them first time. So i set them up just for the person who is videoing the houses. hope thats ok

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
All else fails, I can provide a code for a Kings collection on SP and some gold for a winner there.

Note: for everyione in this thread, I'd like to do some videos on Friday night. Please ICQ me to set up a time.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
All else fails, I can provide a code for a Kings collection on SP and some gold for a winner there.

Note: for everyione in this thread, I'd like to do some videos on Friday night. Please ICQ me to set up a time.

I do not have a Icq.. but I'm interested in having a Video done. Perhaps start a conversation on here? Thank you!!

-Kattasrophe of Siege Perilous

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Can anyone do some screen shots for me??I would also like to say.. You all have to remember that Siege is a one char per account shard. So We dont have no where near as much deco as some of the other gals. I do not have a ICQ Aim or anything like that.. But just start a converstation here please

- Kattasrophe of Siege Perilous

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
House Owner: Luxon Artisan
House Name: 'Holiday in the Courtyard'
Shard: Legends
Location: 131*19'N 93*22'E (the stretch of land north of Minoc).
Logan Anderson of Legends Post 1 of 2

Attachments

Last edited:

ChsyBrooke

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have been trying all month to post my pictures here for contest, I finally managed to get them taken, however i am unable to get the to post here. Is there a email i can send them to instead?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yup!

If you need help with your screenshots Kayhynn from UOHomeDecor can be reached at
[email protected] and she will be happy to help you with them.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can anyone do some screen shots for me??I would also like to say.. You all have to remember that Siege is a one char per account shard. So We dont have no where near as much deco as some of the other gals. I do not have a ICQ Aim or anything like that.. But just start a converstation here please

- Kattasrophe of Siege Perilous
Its not how much christmas deco you have its how you display it, I don't want the judges to say wow she wins cuz she as a castle with tons of christmas deco, I don't want to be judged on how my castle looks, and I don't want to be judged on if people like me or not. I just want to be judged on how I displayed my christmas deco in it.

So best of luck to you, and to everyone that entered this contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Kayhynn, I sent you those pictures in a email will you please let me know if you got them. Thanks
I have not received them as of yet. And I checked spam folder too and it's not there. Make sure it didn't bounce back to your email account. Thanks!

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MY HOUSE ENTRY on the lovely shard of Siege Perilous! Wouldn't you just love to stop by for cookies with Santa or to ride on the train?

This is my house when you see it from the map BEFORE you enter it. It's Santa Claus on the roof next to his big old tiled head! Now all the murderers running past can stop briefly and feel the magic of Christmas on their compasses! So touching, brings a tear to my eye.

myhouse-1.jpg

Wow, it looks like Santa has some sort of fungus growing on him! Ha ha, nooo, it's just flowers! Lots and lots and lots of flowers! And he even has gingerbread men in his beard 'cause he ate too many!! There's also a choo-choo train with SANTA himself leading the charge to bring presents to all the good little pvpers on Siege Perilous.
myhouse-2.jpg

If you want to come visit, my house is located just outside Luna's SOUTHGATE. Then run all the way on the road until you see a really, really long bridge that links Luna to Umbra. Take that bridge all the way across then keep running until you come to the BRIGAND camp. My house is pretty much directly across the street from the camp. If you're getting attacked by brigands, you can probably see my big SANTA HEAD on your map!! And it's even open to the public despite being on Siege Perilous so you can meet Santa himself. HE'S GIVING OUT FREE COOKIES!! :O :O :O

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry I did not know how to put my name and such on top of my pics.. House name is Katt's Ice Palace. It is located in Luna. Go south and over the bridge till you come across this house :) I am located on Siege Perilous if anyone wants to visit the house they are more than welcome to come!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay....holidays and freelance projects - egads.

I'm available today to do videos. The sooner the better. I may be slow to respond if I'm working on another video, but PM me here or via ICQ at 199889122 to get a video done.

Cheers!

ChsyBrooke

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not sure how this works Kayhynn, did you still need to video my castle for entry, this is Ashley Rose,

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay....holidays and freelance projects - egads.

I'm available today to do videos. The sooner the better. I may be slow to respond if I'm working on another video, but PM me here or via ICQ at 199889122 to get a video done.

Cheers!
Hi Kayhynn :) I would love for my house to be on video if you have time. I'll try and be on stratics alot today for you Thank you again. *curtsies*

-Kattasrophe of Siege Perilous

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for all the great Submissions! We have 22 entries, 3 on UO Guide, 6 on UO Forums & 13 on Stratics to visit.

In order to give Kayhynn time to visit your home for the Video & for the Judges to visit each of your homes we will be announcing the winners of "The Sosarian World Christmas Décor Long Program on Saturday afternoon.

Sorry to make you all wait longer but you put a tremendous effort into your entries so its only fair we take the time to view them in detail.

Good Luck & Happy New Year!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for all the great Submissions! We have 22 entries, 3 on UO Guide, 6 on UO Forums & 13 on Stratics to visit.

In order to give Kayhynn time to visit your home for the Video & for the Judges to visit each of your homes we will be announcing the winners of "The Sosarian World Christmas Décor Long Program on Saturday afternoon.

Sorry to make you all wait longer but you put a tremendous effort into your entries so its only fair we take the time to view them in detail.

Good Luck & Happy New Year!
Thank you and happy new year to u2
no problem take all the time you need

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kayhynn, how is the videos going? Did you need us to be there to do this?
I think you have to be weve been trying to get together the last few days, real life as been getting the way. i think she would of told me day 1 she needs a rune.

ChsyBrooke

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes for sure real life getting in the way. I am not even sure what time zone she is on , but I have been trying to be on here as much as possible. I will be happy to give a rune to anyone who can get it to her if that is easier or maybe its all just to late. If someone will let me know i will do what i can. Thanks