• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sims Online ENORMOUS Problem - Lost the Enthuaism to play TSO!

G

I don't know why! I used to love playing The Sims Online.. now since all these changes.. I am bored! I don't want to leave! I have wonderful friends, I have a Wonderful house in TC3! All this stuff! I just don't know what happened.. it could be all these changes.. maybe I don't want them at alll... maybe it's that stupid EA-Land name ? Any advices how to get my enthuaism back onto the sims online???

P.S... my finger hurts.

G

Dunno sorry

I know I have days like that though (sometimes even weeks) I just do other stuff for a few days then when I get back online I;m kicking myself cos I could have been skilling *ugh*

G

That happened to me twice. Take a break and see what happens.

R

Roger Wilco

It's not just you. A lot of the people who were only holding on to try EA Land have been jumping ship since EA has served them up yet another plate of bug filled mediocrity.

N

niwa

i agree. im not into tso much anymore. i use to log on all day. Now Its just lame really.

N

NightFlyer

You are not alone. SO many reasons... What we need is some incentive to actually login.

The endless skilling (now for may as well be nothing pay), endless bugs (will they ever be fixed?) and endless promises (don't get me started on that one!) just arn't cutting it any longer.

T

turtleface

I haven't been feeling like playing since the payous were cut for about the fifth time recently. The motivation is gone for me because it now takes far too long to make progress- skilling is boring, it will take months to afford another lot, or even to rebuild the one I have, most players are just skilling, which is boring, and no matter what I do I can never have lots of nice things like rares and skill locks, because I had the misfortune of not hearing about the game's existance until recently.

Hopefully soon they'll raise our pay, so there will be enough motivation for me to play again. Meanwhile, i'm scouring the internet for other fun games which will run on my computer, and finding nothing [lucky for ea, lol]

G

<blockquote><hr>

You are not alone. SO many reasons... What we need is some incentive to actually login.

The endless skilling (now for may as well be nothing pay), endless bugs (will they ever be fixed?) and endless promises (don't get me started on that one!) just arn't cutting it any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can relate to this here lately. For me it's been a trickle effect of the atmosphere here on the board, so I've been thinking about taking a break not from the game but from here to see if being around mostly those in game who do still have a passion and positive attitude for the game gives me back my energy to be positive in the face of the different kinds of negativity. Sometimes other people can influence you to be discontented with something even if you're really not discontented with the thing itself, but with the people related to it, so I urge you to examine if this might be the case for you too and decide whether it's the game or the boards you need a breather from, and act accordingly and see if that gives you some of your 'spark' back. We don't need to lose passionate people pushing for the game for sure, the game can't afford the lost revenue. Good luck with whatever you decide to do

G

I think it may just be a sort of battle fatigue....we have been on a roller coaster ride since last spring....first up, then down, then sideways.

The changes in the game, with so many new things to learn, while exciting, have also been exhausting, to adapt our play around.

I think we all need a Sim-style vacation! Take a break from the jobs, money objects, skill rounds and do something silly, pointless and frivolous....it is what Sims are best at!

*Maybe gather your friends for a hot-tub party....see who turns pruney first!

*Turn on the environmental sounds and see who can identify the birdsongs.

*Get out the togas (or costume of choice) and see who can make the most convincing Roman.

*Have a contest....any kind of contest...with flamingos, teddy bears and traffic cones as prizes. (How many kinds of flowers in the wild flower patch? How many apples in the apple tree? Who can hide the flamingo best? How many skulls in the bone wallpaper? How long does it take one Sim to empty a punch bowl? Trivia contests, races, cake eating contest, coffee drinking contests.)

*Have a flamingo kicking party.....name each flamingo out loud for something that frustrates or angers you (new features, dev's, ea, other Sims, mods
), then kick it till it screams! It is amazingly cathartic.

Try to remember what you were doing during the best day you ever had in TSO....and do it again.

edited:forgot to spellcheck

G

Maybe you should take a little break if you need to. I for one have found that when I lived in my production city all there was to do was skill. I like to skill. I guess I'm one of the few. But as for enthusiasm, the friends I have made in this game give me all the enthusiasm I need.

Edit: Love the post by Gilly. Those are some great ideas.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Try to remain positive of the future and remember this isn't TSO anymore...

I

imported_Shirl1211

The thing to remember is that this is like working through a recession. I'm giving myself a challenge by seeing how many simoleans I can earn in one day. When I 1st began playing sims, (Feb. 2003) Alot of loot had already been made and there we're contest for cash prizes and house payouts per jam, paints,ect. and it was alot of fun. That will return eventually. I like this challenge even though its a slow going process. Maybe take a break and let EAland get settled a bit and then see if it still interst you. Good Luck.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know why! I used to love playing The Sims Online.. now since all these changes.. I am bored! I don't want to leave! I have wonderful friends, I have a Wonderful house in TC3! All this stuff! I just don't know what happened.. it could be all these changes.. maybe I don't want them at alll... maybe it's that stupid EA-Land name ? Any advices how to get my enthuaism back onto the sims online???

P.S... my finger hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come your finger hurts?

When I am totally DONE with the game (from boredom) I take a hop-around-the-map vacation. I pick out random red dots on the map and look at the property description. If they are a small place with one or two sims that I've never met I land. I've met many interesting players in this manner, and it usually serves to get my game back. (These players are rarely jaded, are often new or out of the mainstream.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

P.S... my finger hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Booze.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

P.S... my finger hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Booze.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure? Pull tabs?

OK. Your mind is cleaner than mine when it comes to why boredom correlates to sore fingers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

P.S... my finger hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Booze.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Your mind is cleaner than mine when it comes to why boredom correlates to sore fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, was responding to the "...how to get my enthuaism back..." part.

G

BTW - I resent that "Your mind is cleaner than mine..." crack - I'm just as demented and despicable as you or anybody else.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

P.S... my finger hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Booze.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, was responding to the "...how to get my enthuaism back..." part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I be so dork.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

BTW - I resent that "Your mind is cleaner than mine..." crack - I'm just as demented and despicable as you or anybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goes without saying, sir. And I mean that with love, honor and respect.

Still wondering why BO's finger is hurting. I hope he is ok...
Big O, where are you! Not in the grip of ennui, I hope!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I would argue that point with you, but - darn it all, this place insists on remaining PG-13!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Goes without saying, sir. And I mean that with love, honor and respect.

Still wondering why BO's finger is hurting. I hope he is ok...
Big O, where are you! Not in the grip of ennui, I hope!

[/ QUOTE ]

o_O? For once I felt kinda known LOL..

Thanks for the info.. tomorrow I have a party in TC3 (First Anniversary of me being in a Sim-Family)...

Btw. my finger hurt because I thought i broke it somehow (I know it sounds lame)