• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Search for Answers Continues...

EMFaineMorgan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taryn looked at Donal with a mixture of frustration and fondness.

"Donal, why didn't you mention this before?" she asked in a controlled voice.

Donal looked up from his contemplation of the plate before him.

"What? Oh," he waved a hand dismissively, "It didn't seem like it was very important at the time."

"Not important!?" Taryn spluttered. "What do you mean NOT important? Information on a secret pirate hideout? Not important? Even if it's not connected to this, and it must be, how could that not be important?"

"Well, you know how those pirates are. They are always hiding something or murdering someone or getting into some mischief or other. This didn't seem any more unusual than anything else. Besides, I'm sure I'd have remembered to mention it sooner or later," Donal replied as he became engrossed in studying his plate once more.

Taryn exchanged a meaningful look with Caryn before dropping her head into her hands and sighing, "I guess we'll have to go check this out."

Caryn bit her cheek to keep from laughing out loud as Donal took a tentative bite and said, "Very good cookies! Who did you say made these?"

Taryn lifted the pan of cookies and studied the weight of the pan intently for a long moment. She raised her head and looked at Donal.

"Here have another," she said as she shook her head and slid a cookie off the pan and onto his plate.

Caryn patted Taryn on the shoulder on her way out the door, “I’ll meet you later. I have something to check on myself first.”

EMFaineMorgan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**Note: For anyone who has missed the events thus far in the arc, the journals and items found at the last two events are at the Awards House in Malas. You can get there through the vortex outside the Counselor's Hall in Brit. When you get to the Awards House, you'll see a box locked down on the floor with two books on top of it. Those are the journals that were recovered. The box the journals are resting on contains items recovered thus far.

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
awesome event tonight! but you didn't kill me :( dont you love me anymore?

C

Crystal Canyon

I made it through it all without dying for once also! :)

I think it was that magic Elixer you put in the cookies tonight! Or maybe it was the fact that I was at the Dojo all day watching Tai Kwon do and picked up some good moves!! LOL

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made it through it all without dying for once also! :)

I think it was that magic Elixer you put in the cookies tonight! Or maybe it was the fact that I was at the Dojo all day watching Tai Kwon do and picked up some good moves!! LOL
sssssssshhhhhhh!! you weren't supposed to tell!

EMFaineMorgan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, I don't even know the questions anymore apparently.
Hmm, questions to be answered:

1. If Taryn and Caryn's parents escaped, where the heck are they?

2. Did their father really make off with a device (or part of a device) to control the winds? And where is it?

3. Where is the "pedestal" part of the device hidden?

4. How does the Star Alignment Tool function? I mean, c'mon, can you really force the stars to align in a certain configuration? And if so, what happens when you do? *grins*

5. Does Donal know anything else he's not telling or will he drift off into his studies again leaving the citizens to muddle through this puzzle on their own?

6. Why does it seem every answer just leads to another question?????

7. Did Taryn really burn the cookies she fed to Donal?

FYI, by tomorrow, all books recovered so far will be at the Award House for everyone to read if they haven't had the chance.

C

Crystal Canyon

Of course Taryn really burned the cookies she fed to Donal!!!! Didn't you read the report? ROFL :gee: