• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sea Witch and the Cats Lair

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the Festival has concluded I intend to return to our tavern night rotation.

But I also intend to change things. Circe and I will be rotating back and fourth between the Cats Lair in Britain and the Sea Witch in Magincia.

The Sea Witch will have an established theme. Its thin veneer of respectable business is no more than a cover for the illicit dealings that occur beneath its floors. Pirates. Smuggling.

All manner of sins made available to those with a deep purse.

The Cats Lair is less so. Perhaps it has not had time to develop a theme of its own. Perhaps I need to establish one.

I am considering a Night Club Theme. Appropriate since - for most - the Cats Lair is in the late evening. But I also want something different than the rustic and medieval tavern - with its overweight barkeep and good natured wench - so common in fiction.

This would of course include a subversion of common Ye Olde Tavern tropes. Thoughts?

L

LynneOfMagincia

Perhaps a comedy night.. or a rotating story telling event. A masquerade night.. While these are not really a continuing theme.. they may provide a break every now and then..

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Masquerade.

Something I have in mind. Though it will not be at the Cats Lair.