• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed The Royal Britannian Guard FAQ

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Royal Britannian Guard

Thank you for your interest in joining the Royal Britannian Guard (RBG). The King thanks you for your service. To join the RBG, one only needs to actively participate in Sonoma events. For each event that one actively participates in, he or she will receive RBG marks. Once a member of the RBG receives enough marks, he or she will be granted a notable rank in the RBG.

Ranking:

1. Recruit – Entry level position where citizens learn the basics – 10 marks
  2. Scout – Scouts are sent ahead in battle to report on potential threats – 15 marks
  3. Watchman – Watchman act as lookouts in the towns of Britannia – 20 marks
  4. Garrison – Garrisons are the first line of defense in protecting our towns – 25 marks
  5. Squire – a Knight’s Squire on the path to Knighthood – 35 marks
  6. Knight – A formidable warrior and main offensive force in the RBG – 50 marks
  7. ArchKnight – A Knight that has proved to be exemplary in combat – 75 marks
  8. Elder Knight – Elders council and train young Knights and Squires – 100 marks
  9. Knight Crusader – Crusaders lead the charge into battle – 125 marks
  10. Knight Cavalier – Cavaliers are known for their battlefield strategy – 150 marks
  11. Noble Guard – Nobles entrusted to protect the capital at all costs – 175 marks
  12. Royal Guard – Royals protect through policy as well as strategy – 200 marks
  13. Elder Guard – Elders act as strategic leaders for the guard – 225 marks
  14. King’s Royal Guard – Warriors and policy leaders of the highest order – 250 marks
  15. Distinct – A distinct rank and title based on one’s primary qualities – 300 marks

RBG Marks:

To gain RBG marks, one must actively participate in battles (EM combat events), contests (Scavenger hunts, dungeon crawls, etc.), and Governors Meetings. The maximum number of marks one can receive per month is 15.

• Battles (EM Combat events): 5 marks
  • Contests (mini events and RP events): 3 marks
  • Governors Meetings: 2 marks

Town halls and player events do not qualify for RBG marks.

Questions:

What exactly is the RBG? The Royal Britannian Guard is a military style system designed to add a level of emerson, role play, and achievement to EM events on Sonoma.

Is there a maximum number of marks I can gain per month? Yes. There is a hard cap of fifteen RBG marks per month per person, and marks can not be traded.

When will I get my marks? The RBG marks are similar to points. They are intangible and you will not receive them, in game. You can email or chat with the EM to discuss how many RBG marks you have at any time.

How will I be recognized at an event if I’m on a different character? If an alternate character is at an event, the character must state the name of their primary character to gain marks for that character. For example, if I’m on a character named Blackthorn but my main character is Chimaera, I must let the EM know that at the time of the event by simply saying “Chimaera” at the beginning or end of the event, so it is recorded in the EM’s journal.

How am I recognized as active? Simply attending the events and staying hidden until the end does not qualify as active. If the EM can’t see you, he can’t give you credit for being there. The EM will take several screenshots throughout the event using “all names” and at the end of the event compare that with his recorded journal. Active players are those that have been seen throughout the event – not just at the beginning and at the end.

I feel that I have not received my fair number of RBG marks. If you feel the number of marks is less than what is reflected, please discuss this with the EM, and he will review your participation.

When do we receive our ranks? There will be three RBG ranking ceremonies per year: At the beginning of January, May, and September.

Can I keep my current rank? Yes. You can keep your current rank as long as you like. You will continue to receive RBG marks and can change your rank to a higher rank at any ranking ceremony.

Please reach out to [email protected] with any further questions. This page will continue to be modified and all info is subject to change.

Continue reading...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
How will I be recognized at an event if I’m on a different character? If an alternate character is at an event, the character must state the name of their primary character to gain marks for that character. For example, if I’m on a character named Blackthorn but my main character is Chimaera, I must let the EM know that at the time of the event by simply saying “Chimaera” at the beginning or end of the event, so it is recorded in the EM’s journal.
Something that was done in the past was to turn in a book at the reward hall mailbox that evening or the very next day giving a short brief statement of the event that happened that evening, most of us called this the book report. The owner of the book was the person that wished to receive the recognition, not the person turning the book in. So if I had Archer Vixen attend such an event the "book report" would have Drakelords name on the left page. A lot of people disliked this but I love it as it made sure that Drakelord was the one attending that event in spirit.

EM Chimaera

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
I received a lot of negative feedback about this. To many, it seemed like a book report. How about this. I'll make it optional: If you would rather deliver a book at the end of the event than shout out your name at the event, just deliver a book with the character's name that should receive credit, the date of the event, and any feedback if you'd like to give it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So don't go to the event if there was a drop the week before and know there won't be this week. But DO turn in a book with our names so we get credit even if we weren't there? Got it!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well from what I remember seeing at the Town Hall meeting he will be taking a silent roll call using all names and screenshots if you have concerns that your main will not get the credit be sure to announce the name of that char in the game at that time. He will be locking a book down AFTER an event of those people he saw at that event. If you do not see your name in that book then either email him or drop a book in the mailbox.

For people, such as I, that use alt char's be sure to also announce who they are on that alt so that the main char get credit. Or do as I do, post something here at Stratics, a screen shot of the event with your char and a few words will go far with getting that credit. A good example is I used two char's for the Dungeon crawl, Cat and Vixen, both are in the News article I wrote.