• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) The Road Goes Ever On

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Walking past the Abbey on his way home, Aedon decided to check in with the election office. He scanned the papers listing the many towns and their local registration of candidates. As he slid his fingers down the page, they came to rest beneath a candidate registered in Yew. Smiling to himself he said;

“Good, she has taken the first steps. “

Closing the register, Aedon made his way back outside and continued walking down the well worn path towards Aegis. He was not aware at first that he had started humming an old song as he listened to the rhythmic fall of his own footsteps. All about him the many flowers along the woody path blossomed in colors of red, yellow, purple and orange. Some had so many variants of color within them that it was near mesmerizing to those who might stop, and gaze a while splendor which was the great woods of Yew.

Arriving back at Connemara, Aedon went inside, and took the small kettle which set on the grate within the hearth. And then, putting a few tea leaves from a deeply etched box into his cup, he added some hot water. Once the tea was brewed, he took his cup and went out to sit on the steps.

Evening was fast approaching, and the sounds of the small creatures which called Aegis home filled the bushes and shrubs around his home. Taking a long slow drink from his cup, Aedon gazed over the rim and out into the Glade. Setting the cup aside, he reached into the small box setting near at hand and pulled out some paper and a pen.

It had been a good day, a good end to his final term as Governor of Yew. Although he knew there was still much he would like to have seen done, he was confident that the future held many good things in store for Yew. In good hands, in the right hands the people of Yew could look towards a brighter tomorrow with confidence and trust in the one that would lead her on the next leg of the journey. Smiling contentedly, he began to write;

To the People of Yew

The time has come to look to tomorrow, and choose who will lead you through the coming months. In our time, we have seen leaders come and go, many times leaving scars on the community that seemed would never heal. Yew has a history of service which dates back to the Knights of Yew and the Celts. Within our woods many great houses have risen and then far too soon crumbled to dust. But always, Yew has endured and come out all the stronger. In the spirit of Brother Kyriel, and out of respect for the monks of the Abbey we have welcomed those seeking a new home, and a fresh start. And always, when she needed it the most Yew has seen leaders arise to help and guide her people to the next phase of life. And now, as I prepare to enjoy what I laughingly call my free time, a new leader has stepped forward and is offering to serve us all.

It is with great pleasure that I fully endorse and support Gillian Gryphon for the office of Governor if Yew. She has proven herself a tireless and devoted leader. She is always searching for new things and new ways to bring joy to those around here. And she has exhibited an honesty and compassion that makes her a wonderful choice for the city which houses the Abbey. Plus being a ranger, she should have no trouble at all adjusting to life among the trees. So when you go to the polls, do as I plan to do and elect Gillian the next Governor of the City of Yew.

Thank you for allowing me to serve you,

Aedon Durreah

Knight of Yew-Retired

Guardian of Aegis

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*Posted along side Aedon's*

To the People of Yew,

Greetings! If you have spent any time in Skara in the last year and a half, you may have heard of me. My name is Gillian Gryphon and I am a healer. I've spent many years in Skara now, the last six months as their Governor. With the arrival of a new little one soon it's time to adjust my path in life. Time to settle down and after many conversations with Aedon, Yew is the best place for this! He is a wonderful leader, wonderful family man, and as luck would have it.. a wonderful friend. As such, I am here to tell you I do not plan to make complete changes. Rather.. I plan to expand and build on what is here. I will bring you more events, more gatherings, and put focus back on our wonderful town. In addition you will see me highlight the wonderful heritage in Aegis and the surrounding area. It is with Governor Aedon's blessing that I come to you and say... Let's get together. I look forward, no matter what, to making Yew my new home!!!

Sincerely,

Gillian Gryphon