• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The reward jewelry isn't blessed!

F

Fortyniner

Considering how much it costs, why isn't the reward jewelry blessed, when the Knight's armor pieces are?

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure the Knight's Armor is Blessed, I cannot log on and check now, but I thought it was NOT blessed.

R

Revenant2

Considering how much it costs, why isn't the reward jewelry blessed, when the Knight's armor pieces are?
I noticed that, thought it was kinda goofy that they weren't blessed items. They looked like they shoulda been blessed, sorta.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG!!! You have freakin insurance. Insure it and move on.

*shakes head in disgust*

...la

L

Lord Drakelord

Are you sure the Knight's Armor is Blessed, I cannot log on and check now, but I thought it was NOT blessed.
well on TC its not blessed. Reason I did not go for it since there was the virtue armor already out that was blessed.

S

Saris

well the knights armor is absolute butt so bless it just like the virtue armor, its not like that crap will ever be worn by me.

being that the ring and braclett are usefull and not pixel crack maybey it should not be blessed, blessing it would make it to uber in my mind.

its not like im gonna run out of insurance and on siege? well thats the point you dont use items to win your fights(nowaday you use dragons) you use skill.

T

Trebr Drab

OMG!!! You have freakin insurance. Insure it and move on.

*shakes head in disgust*

...la
Got to agree. Heck guys, how much spoilin' ya want?
I mean, yeah, it'd be nice if UO would ship us all free beer to drink while we play, but com'on.

J

J0KING

Ok... so it is agreed then...

Bless the set and then ship out a case of frosty beverage... sounds good!!!

*sits on porch to await shipment*

F

Fortyniner

I guess it does - I don't remember where I saw that the knight's armor was blessed. Still, it would have been nice.

F

Fortyniner

<< OMG!!! You have freakin insurance. Insure it and move on.

*shakes head in disgust*

...la>>

How predictable.

*shakes head in boredom

B

BartofCats

No do not bless it.

1200 gold is not that hard to come by. I dont care who you are. Even my lowly crafter can get 1200 gold.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Knights armor isnt blessed.

If your going to argue something make sure you check the details. Looks like your just trying to find something to complain about.

I will end this the best way I know how.

As the smartest person on UHALL would say

..........................la

(TheScoundrelRico)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Are you guys seriously asking for more blessed items instead of less?
Why not just play on test shard where everything is free and if you lose something you can just make another character with more free stuff.

How about...
No more blessed items and limit insurance.... and MAKE STUFF BREAK!
/unpopular opinion

G

galefan2004

Probably because aside from lrc it is one of the best caster sets in the game, and blessing it would have majorly overpowered players on Siege. Also, its luck jewelery primarily, so you really shouldn't be in a spot that is questionable if you die wearing it.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to agree with the folks that don't think it should be blessed. Insure them. Use at your own risk on Siege just like everything else.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Knight's Armor is not blessed.

Yes, the reward jewelry isn't blessed either.

Umm. How can I put this best.

So what? Use insurance.

-Galen's player

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These types of posts prove my point when I say insurance killed this game. Sure, people still subscribe (yeah me too) but Ultima seems to have lost it's soul. You get the attitudes that everything in the game is deserved and should never have a chance at being lost.

I wish the developers would see this and revise the ruleset to try and recapture the gamer attitudes of those who still play. Do I think they can get rid of the me, me, me attitude? Nah, because i do think that has always been part of the game, but it's weird. There has been a weird vibe that has crept in since AoS and insurance were installed. Can't put my finger on it exactly, but if it were fixed, lol, I'd be able to tell...la

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These types of posts prove my point when I say insurance killed this game. Sure, people still subscribe (yeah me too) but Ultima seems to have lost it's soul. You get the attitudes that everything in the game is deserved and should never have a chance at being lost.

I wish the developers would see this and revise the ruleset to try and recapture the gamer attitudes of those who still play. Do I think they can get rid of the me, me, me attitude? Nah, because i do think that has always been part of the game, but it's weird. There has been a weird vibe that has crept in since AoS and insurance were installed. Can't put my finger on it exactly, but if it were fixed, lol, I'd be able to tell...la
Insurance is removed and rico is in heaven til he goes to steal something gets the message this is worthless to you. All day long he tries to steal something and that message pops up. poor poor Rico :(

G

galefan2004

Hmm... I got that feeling x10 in WoW as compared to UO and WoW has 10,000,000 players. So, try again. I would have to say that its insurance bugs and the like that drive people from this game not insurance. Not to mention, if you ever go to Felucca you start to realise that thinking the players in WoW were immature was almost incorrect as compared to realising how immature players in Felucca are.

People like you can no longer get something for nothing? So, in response you whine about it like crazy hoping that it will change. Its not chaning. If they started making items disapear then you would lose a lot of players because no one is going to spend 17 mill on a item only to lose it the next day and then go out and get another one.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol

Poor rico, can't ruin anyone's day anymore by looting a house key, then standing there with blue friends while he dry loots his victim's house.

Yes, people,that used to happen. And no matter how you may all romanticize thieves, PKs, etc., remember that this is the ideal they adhere to.

As to the original poster.....I just can't understand why it's a big deal that this set isn't blessed. I have tried to understand it. And I can't.

Both rico and the original player represent long-standing aspects of UO that I'll never be able to understand.

-Galen's player

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wha, Wha, Wha!..... It's not blessed..... Well I for one am GLAD they are not!.... my regular insured gear goes right back on when I double click my corpse... that blessed junk does NOT>.. darn right pain in the..... to search for itty bitty jewelery in my pack would really be a pain in the.... So go cry me a river.... *mutters something not so nice about all the whiners that are in the game nowadays.....*....

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Psst, trammel ------------------>
Psst... my house is right at the top of Destard mountain, let me know what time you'll be there.

But I guess I wouldn't actually see you right, I would just notice some UO bum stealing my 30 band aids and running away.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't it seem there are a lot of people whining about whiners lol. :lol:

I did think the earrings with night sight should have been blessed since that is all they had on them. As far as the new jewelry I could care less either way. :)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
People like you can no longer get something for nothing?
Anyways, another response you whine about it like crazy hoping that it will change. Its not chaning. If they started making items disapear then you would lose a lot of players because no one is going to spend 17 mill on a item only to lose it the next day and then go out and get another one.

Ummm I liked when I could be stolen from it made the game more exciting.

IM sorry I had to steal from a Pack horse for boring hours on end every day to gain in stealing and snooping and hiding. So all the hours I put in is geting something for nothing? Dont think so.

Dont attack TheScoundrelRico because you wouldnt know how to play a game without Carebear rules. Some people just dont know how to play a real RPG game without the I want everything and I can never lose anything!!! :p

Yes for all you long time people "CARE BEAR LAND!!!"
Things wouldnt cost 17million because UO didnt need stupid items like it does now. You went out fought monsters got your Invul suit and Vanq or Silver Katana and kicked SOME BUTT!!!

You prayed to the lord you had someone like TheScoundrelRico on your side because when that red mages goes to kick your butt they cant! Why? because TheScoundrelRico stole their Ash, Garlic and Root!!!

So the red had to run off!!!

Or the not so bright Red mage ran out of regs and couldnt kill you!!!

Or you killed the mage and looted all his regs!!

But now a days you kill the red they get resed up a on a 70's 100lrc suit with MR and LMC and turn on a few things and clock up something and your dead!

Paralize and efeilds you in and your dead because they have every artie and the best armor on.

I miss when Magic Resist use to resist Ebolts and Explo.

When someone died they died. They didnt run back literaly 8seconds later to drop you like its hot!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmm... I got that feeling x10 in WoW as compared to UO and WoW has 10,000,000 players. So, try again. I would have to say that its insurance bugs and the like that drive people from this game not insurance. Not to mention, if you ever go to Felucca you start to realise that thinking the players in WoW were immature was almost incorrect as compared to realising how immature players in Felucca are.
While I can agree with the level of Maturity of some of the Felucca Players I can't say that is true of the whole. I know many good people who spend the majority of their time in Felucca.

What I can't agree with is people comparing UO to WoW. UO has progressed to a point I think we can safely say it's beyond being a "Mature" game and entered the venerable status. Ya UO never had 10mil subbies, but also in the last 10 years look at the change in the numbers of people who had consistent access to not only a Home PC but also a persistent Internet connection. UO had peaked and new games had hit the market while UO started to lag behind.

G

galefan2004

Ummm I liked when I could be stolen from it made the game more exciting.

IM sorry I had to steal from a Pack horse for boring hours on end every day to gain in stealing and snooping and hiding. So all the hours I put in is geting something for nothing? Dont think so.
Translation...

I liked stealing from people, so I'm going to lie and say I loved getting stollen from because that will make people have a new perspective.

OMG...you had to like script (I'm betting you used a program you won't bother mentioning) 3 skills in order to steal 125k weapons all day long from people in Felucca. Cry me a river.

Dont attack TheScoundrelRico because you wouldnt know how to play a game without Carebear rules. Some people just dont know how to play a real RPG game without the I want everything and I can never lose anything!!! :p
Right. Thats why you want to play a game where you can steal everything. That doesn't count as loss. That counts as gain. If you can't play a game without thieves then you are definately one of those that want it all for no work. I wouldn't play this game with thieves in it...never did and never would.

However, stop trying to skew it. The thieves were the ones that whined when they lost things that they had just stolen, and they wanted something for nothing all the time or they wouldn't have been thieves.

Yes for all you long time people "CARE BEAR LAND!!!"
Things wouldnt cost 17million because UO didnt need stupid items like it does now. You went out fought monsters got your Invul suit and Vanq or Silver Katana and kicked SOME BUTT!!!
I miss those days. They aren't here anymore. Very few people had a say in what actually happened with AoS. Why do you honestly think the majority of veteran players wanted AoS? We just adapated to AoS. If you can't adapt then stop playing the game.

You prayed to the lord you had someone like TheScoundrelRico on your side because when that red mages goes to kick your butt they cant! Why? because TheScoundrelRico stole their Ash, Garlic and Root!!!
Or you just made a gm ljacker and powned the mages before they got 2 spells off. Man...do you remember those days at all the way they actually happened?

So the red had to run off!!!
I'd rather deal with reds then thieves...at least they have to do a little bit of work to get what they are after.

Or the not so bright Red mage ran out of regs and couldnt kill you!!!
Is it by some stroke of amnesia that you honestly list mages as the top of the pvpers back in day. The majority of the top pvpers were those that could bother to take a vanq axe to Felucca with gm ljack.

But now a days you kill the red they get resed up a on a 70's 100lrc suit with MR and LMC and turn on a few things and clock up something and your dead!
What does this argument have to do with thiefs again? I'm guessing nothing. No one is saying that AoS was a good thing. Insurance was a good thing. You shouldn't lose everything you have worked for because someone killed you, and you definately shouldn't have it stollen from you.

Paralize and efeilds you in and your dead because they have every artie and the best armor on.
This was a rather stupid AoS change. It was not an insurance change. It seems the developers decided to fix the item discrepency issues by adding new items. Its almost like the developers know very little about what makes an MMORPG actually run.

I miss when Magic Resist use to resist Ebolts and Explo.
I don't argue with that. Magic Resist used to have an actual reason to be on a template.

When someone died they died. They didnt run back literaly 8seconds later to drop you like its hot!
They did if they were fighting with friends. Normally their friends were looting their bodies before the person that killed them even got them, and normally people did get back up. It was a little harder to get back up, but you are fooling yourself if you are trying to claim it didn't happen.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... I got that feeling x10 in WoW as compared to UO and WoW has 10,000,000 players. So, try again.
Popularity =/= quality.

If it did we would all be playing wow I imagine...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both rico and the original player represent long-standing aspects of UO that I'll never be able to understand.
Not that hard to understand. Uo was more fun back in those days to many people, not just the ones doing the ill deeds. Because generally diverse player interaction (both good and bad) > sweet new shiney colored items.
Not to mention the fact that pretty much any really bad thing that could happen to you such as having something special like a house key looted or stolen was pretty much 99% avoidable.

They were just weeding out the morons.