• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Announcement The Return of the Acropolis Auction! (Auction #25)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hello everyone,

Due to popular demand, I have decided to begin running my Acropolis Auction series again on Atlantic! The auction has taken many forms over the years, but it has always been about providing a fun event for the community, and creating a welcoming social atmosphere to bring people together. To that end, I am proud to announce that this time, it will not be a standalone auction as it has been in the past. Instead, it will be incorporated into the amazing player run town of North Harbor, primarily operated by @Dryzzid of Atlantic and a few other residents. North Harbor is a roleplay themed town consisting of 20+ houses, located in the furthest north corner of Trammel Vesper on Atlantic. The auction will be one of multiple events hosted within the town. Gates will be provided on auction day of course.

Who: The auction staff will be myself on my Captn Norrington character (the auctioneer), and @Dryzzid of Atlantic (in charge of games/events/creativity).

What: It will be a live auction event, which will also have various extra games/events such as raffles, trivia etc. and the fee to enter an item into the auction will be 5% of whatever the final sale price is. If the item does not sell, then no fee will be charged. The fee is to fund the game/event prizes and to build up an emergency fund to pay an item owner in the very unlikely case that something goes terribly wrong and the item is lost or breaks somehow. The fee amount was chosen because that is the same fee commission vendors charge, making the auction a fairly priced way to sell items, and it has been lowered from the previous fee of 10% which all past Acropolis Auction events charged. Reserves/minimum bids are allowed but not required for submitted items. The item will not be sold below the reserve/minimum bid and will instead be returned to its owner. A bid must be at least 100k higher than the previous bid, but that may be raised in the future depending on how it works out.

When: Monday, August 3rd from 7 PM to 8 PM eastern time (it will be held every Monday at 7 PM eastern time, as long as the item submissions make that possible).

Where: The Acropolis Auction House building in the center of the town of North Harbor (pictured below, the inside is still being built).

How: The item up for auction will be placed onto an auction safe within a secure area for viewing. I will announce the item, any relevant information about it, and what the reserve/minimum bid for it is. The bidding will then commence. I will say going once, going twice, sold! in the most evenly spaced amount of time I can, with each bid resetting it back to the going once stage. If someone bids after I say "sold!" the bid will unfortunately not be counted. If there are any disputes on whether it was a valid bid or not, my journal as the auctioneer will be used as the final proof, and I'm happy to screenshot it if needed. Item delivery will take place immediately, by me handing the item to the winner in the trade window.

Why: Auctions are fun, duh! The auctions have always been a great time all of the other years I've been able to run them, and I truly hope these will be also!

Contact Information:

My ICQ is 678566021 (this is the best way to contact me).

My Discord is Captn_Norrington #1770 (I check this regularly but might not see it for a day or two sometimes).

You can also send me a private message here on Stratics (I check it daily but live chat like ICQ and Discord expedites things).

AuctionNorth.png

How will item submissions work?

The auction house is owned by @Dryzzid of Atlantic and for that reason, he and I have decided that the best way to put people's minds at ease regarding the safety of their items is to set things up in a way where I am the only person who ever has access to them throughout the process. To be clear this has nothing to do with my trust level of Dryzzid, I trust him completely otherwise I wouldn't be doing this in his house, it is purely to simplify the process and reduce any perceived risks for customers by ensuring only one person has access to their items.

If you would like to submit an item, please either message me directly or drop the item in a bag along with a book stating the reserve price/minimum bid for your item and your contact information into the mailbox of my in-town Luna house on Atlantic circled in red in the picture below. I am the only person with access to the mailbox.

The auction is accepting submissions as of right now! So feel free to message me or submit items via mailbox at any time.

Submission.png

Security Features:

There is nothing more important to me than the safety of both the submitted items, and the auction guests. To make sure everything is as safe and fun as possible, we have instituted the following security features:

- A one floor auction house, which prevents the bug that can be used to swipe items from above or below an auction.
- No auction items will actually be stored within the auction house, they will be stored in a secure box only I have access to at my in-town Luna house.
- The auctioneer area is blocked off with counters that cannot be walked through or around, and has enough space for me to safely lock down large items if necessary.
- The item up for bid will be displayed using an auction safe, which eliminates any chance of it being lost or stolen by locking it down and releasing it.
- There is an exterior grassy section of the house on the front and side, where you can safely leave your pets without having to worry about them being attacked by spawn.
- The auction house has front doors, which can be locked if it becomes necessary to deter a griefer looking to ruin the fun for everyone.
- The display area will be accessible only by a veteran reward house teleport tile from my in-town Luna house, so even Dryzzid cannot get to that part of his house during auctions.
- I will excessively verify the identity of the item submitter through ICQ/Discord etc. before I hand them the gold from it to ensure it is really them.
- Raffle books will have a coded verification system, so I will know for sure whether the winning raffle book being handed to me is real or fraudulent before giving away the prize.
- If monster spawn around the auction house gets too close (there's a reaper in the area but they can't cast spells anymore) I will have a second account at the ready to kill them.
- I really don't want to ban anyone from the house, but if someone is griefing and won't stop I will. Non-payment of bids could also result in a ban if necessary.

Verification of Legitimacy:

While many people reading this may remember my previous auctions over the years, I realize that not everyone will be aware of them. The links below are to three of my previous Acropolis Auction threads from different years. One was a personal silent auction series, one was a personal live auction series, and one was a community hosted rares festival silent auction. I have hosted in total approximately 25 personal auctions and 5 community sponsored rares festival auctions. I am happy to provide references if desired. You can also search "Acropolis Auction" in the search bar here on Stratics which will bring up numerous further examples.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Total Sales: 8.850250 billion = 8 Platinum, 850 million, and 250k
No Sales: 5/61 (One returned to next week's auction with 75% lower reserve)

Auction List:

Featured Items!

#20 Two Story Statue - SOLD 850m
#21 Two Story Statue - SOLD 800m
#22 The Coxswain's Whip - No Sale (Put in next week's auction with reserve lowered by 75%)
#46 The Brave Knight of Britannia (non-replica) - SOLD 350m

#1 Daemon summoned by Archdemon Malachi and Archangel Elizabella for breaking the 666th seal - SOLD 180m
#2 A carnivorous plant found within the overgrowth - SOLD 155m
#3 A mystical wardrobe that connects worlds, with the carving "in the name of the father" - SOLD 500m
#4 Luminous golem footprint - SOLD 100m
#5 Ancient golden idol worshiped by bandits - SOLD 100m
#6 Champion of Britannia - SOLD 210m
#7 Clepsydra of dissipated destiny - SOLD 230m
#8 Rankin's shadow altar - SOLD 130m
#9 The standard of bordermarch - SOLD 210m
#10 Daemon mask hand painted by Mesanna (Yamato color) - SOLD 105m
#11 Evil jester mask hand painted by Mesanna (dyed, but not sure which shard color) - SOLD 90m
#12 A tapestry of the tree of life, given in thanks during times of trouble - SOLD 110m
#13 Tip broken blackrock prism from tetrahedron generator - SOLD 70m
#14 The fuddy wuddy & zug union, love conquers all! - SOLD 115m
#15 A miniature coffin for the boy's festival 2015 - SOLD 60m
#16 Hokuto 15th anniversary bell - SOLD 40m
#17 Alchemical flask containing the essence of life - SOLD 150m
#18 HTML runebook labeled "points of interest 1" in green - SOLD 40m
#19 One glacial and one abyssal colored holiday gift boxes - SOLD 50m
#20 Two story statue (the one which is huge but no longer talks) - SOLD 850m
#21 Two story statue (a second one!) - SOLD 800m
#22 The Coxswain's Whip - No Sale (Put in next week's auction with reserve lowered by 75%)
#23 A cursed effigy inscribed with: Cal Xen Tol Rah De (two of them) - SOLD 400m
#24 A worn bookcase containing the lost histories of the crimson dagger - SOLD 370m
#25 Santa's sour milk, left over from last Christmas (Catskills 2010) - SOLD 10m
#26 A smoldering infernal handbasket - SOLD 90m
#27 The recipe for serpentwyne - by the brotherhood of the rose - SOLD 110m
#28 Deed to a guildstone for the guild GameMateClub [GMC] - SOLD 30m
#29 Neon gift box - SOLD 20m
#30 A lantern illuminated by tears from the Nujel'm refugees - SOLD 250m
#31 Good samaritan of Britannia (non-replica) - SOLD 100m
#32 Fishing Pole crafted by Napa Fishing Toruney Sponsors - SOLD 110m
#33 Chaos void - SOLD 150m
#34 Shards of the crystals of vas por grav, shattered in a time paradox - No Sale
#35 Ancient ceremonial sword of unknown origin, used in rituals of blood sacrifice - No Sale
#36 Arcadion's black sword - Sold 125m
#37 You find a note written in BLOOD, a horizontal line running on the top: Devil's bond - SOLD 75m
#38 A fountain of despair: bubbling eternally with a hatred, monstrous in nature but human in spirit - SOLD 100m
#39 A deadly specimen unearthed by an archeological digsite - SOLD 125m
#40 Lifebinder, ledger of Toxul the lich - SOLD 125m
#41 I defecated on the punisher's bones - SOLD 100m
#42 The firmament of the astronomer's bones - No Sale
#43 Hatching ice dragon - SOLD 220m
#44 A repair bench (veteran reward) - SOLD 100m
#45 Miscellaneous bag of armor and old holiday items - SOLD 100m
#46 The brave knight of Britannia (non-replica) - SOLD 350m
#47 Arms and gorget from the knights armor set (non-replica) - SOLD 25m
#48 Likeness of Droquam the wizard - SOLD 110m
#49 EM Roenick 2nd anniversary ice chunk - SOLD 85m
#50 Book of Grimm's Fairy Tales - SOLD 335m
#51 Ancient book of necromancy: voices of its secrets beckon to even the staunchest of mages - SOLD 225m
#52 A pumpkin titled "happy Halloween" that functions as a keg - SOLD 25m
#53 The Demon's Dice and Cup - SOLD 205m
#54 Cards (server birth) - SOLD 205m
#55 Singing Ball - SOLD 214m
#56 Bag of 8 mini house deeds - SOLD 19m
#57 Backpack of 12 mini house deeds - SOLD 20m
#58 Tower mini house deed - SOLD 8m
#59 Castle mini house deed - SOLD 19m
#60 30% SDI 9% DCI spellbook - No Sale
#61 Backpack of miscellaneous armor and weapons - SOLD 250k

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Any plans for a barrel or the like, for bulk items and items that can't go on a safe? That's the one omission I can see. Otherwise looks great!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any plans for a barrel or the like, for bulk items and items that can't go on a safe? That's the one omission I can see. Otherwise looks great!
I hadn't thought to include that in the original post, but yep we can definitely use a barrel for the bulk items! Thank you for pointing that out.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm very excited to be able to work together with @Captn Norrington and host the Acropolis in North Harbor. Keep an eye out for other events based in the Atlantic Vesper/North Harbor area in the coming months as well as upgrades to the town to make it more functional and beneficial for players-at-large, including a themed vendor house, teleporter hub, rune library, public repair bench, and dye tub station.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People were so excited about this auction, they came back just to drop their 20 year old houses and give us an influx of juicy items.

The proper way to honor their commitment is to come to the Acropolis Auction on Monday ;) Pie and punch provided.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a welcomed bit of news! Not that we didn't enjoy doing the odd auction on Atlantic, but it'll be good to focus on home shard again. Not pull double duty back to back. So tonight will be our last live auction on Atlantic.
Thanks for the fun!
Melian Majestic Oaks Auction Great Lakes/Tanda

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The auction list (second post in this thread) has been completed! Auction submissions are now closed for this week since we are at maximum item capacity for the time allotted for the auction. If you and I already spoke about submitting an item, you can still submit it for this week of course, but any other submissions will now be for next week's auction on Monday, August 10th at 7 PM Eastern Time.

The raffle for this week is still being decided.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The auction is tonight at 7 PM Eastern time!

Gates starting at 6:40

I'm able to hand items through the trade window without leaving my auction area, so when you win an item please walk up to me and I'll hand it to you :)

Untitled.png

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I looked through but didn't see it; Is gold due immediately or is there a small grace period?
@Captn Norrington
For buying, gold would be due immediately, but if you need some time to locate the gold I don't mind just holding the item for you until the end of the auction, if there's no payment by the end of auction the item would be put back up for sale. For sellers, they can get their gold from me whenever they want. Great question!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The auction is starting in a few minutes, gates at Luna gate!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The auction was fantastic! Thank you all so much for coming! I'll update the sale list with prices soon, but so far it looks like about 8 platinum of total sales.

I took a picture near the beginning of everyone too! :)

Untitled.png

Auction submissions for next week are now open! I'm going to try to limit it to 35 items for next week since this auction took 3x longer than I expected. Monday August 10th at 7 PM will be the next one. Same submission method, ICQ or Discord me, or use the Luna house mailbox.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you to everyone who attended last night, it was great to see so many folks in North Harbor! Next week I plan to include more raffles as I didn't know what to expect as far as turnout and length of the auction, I was a little underprepared. We'll fix that moving ahead =)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran