• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Required Time has not passed to steal the sigil?!?

C

Coragin

Okay stole a sigil, server went down. Logged back in, sigil is gone. Now I try to steal and I am getting the message...

"The Required time has not passed to steal the sigil"

What is that?

I try to pick it up and it says this item needs resources.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay stole a sigil, server went down. Logged back in, sigil is gone. Now I try to steal and I am getting the message...

"The Required time has not passed to steal the sigil"

What is that?

I try to pick it up and it says this item needs resources.
What Kellgory said... And the "This item needs resources" message is just a buggy message that means absolutely nothing. Pay no attention to it.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes about an hour before you can steal a sigil after server up.
Yeah which should either be taken down to 10 minutes or make it so where it doesnt contribute to corruption time. This way when TB continuously does the overnight guards, it gives us a little more time to get them.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah which should either be taken down to 10 minutes or make it so where it doesnt contribute to corruption time. This way when TB continuously does the overnight guards, it gives us a little more time to get them.
Want some chesse with your whine, Bere! :mf_prop:

Congrats on the new baby, hope you are managing to get some sleep!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Want some cheese with your whine, Bere! :mf_prop:

Congrats on the new baby, hope you are managing to get some sleep!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Colby Cheese.

I've noticed my coffee intake is increasing.

And so Kelmo doesn't lock this thread:

factions blah blah faction faction blah blah sigils blah blah corrupt thief newb blah blah faction points oj blah. Dev's ****ed up factions blah.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timer is there so if a shard crashes for a prolonged period of time, another faction can't take advantage of logging in first and getting the sigils. Reducing the timer to 10 minutes would drastically reduce the effectiveness of this protection. If the shard is down for over 2 hours, most people are going to give up checking every 5 minutes.

When the sigil corruption timer took 24 hours, 1 hour each day was insignificant. However, with it being reduced to 10 hours it is advantageous to knock 10% of guard time off.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timer is there so if a shard crashes for a prolonged period of time, another faction can't take advantage of logging in first and getting the sigils.

Who cares? Instead of leaving them up for grabs theyre giving the faction that has them an extra hour of hold time without having to be there. 10 minutes is more than adequate regardless if people get too lazy to check on a shard status although shard crashes are rare and the shard usually only goes down a maintenance.

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*faints*

The world is not right... I nearly agree with Bere ... an hour is too long. 15 minutes, like refreshing, would be plenty.

And congrats on the baby, hug Fable for me, I miss her. Enjoy every sleepless minute with that precious lil luv because soon you will join the grand parent brigade ranks and you will wonder "what the heck happened to all those years"!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The timer is there so if a shard crashes for a prolonged period of time, another faction can't take advantage of logging in first and getting the sigils. Reducing the timer to 10 minutes would drastically reduce the effectiveness of this protection. If the shard is down for over 2 hours, most people are going to give up checking every 5 minutes.

When the sigil corruption timer took 24 hours, 1 hour each day was insignificant. However, with it being reduced to 10 hours it is advantageous to knock 10% of guard time off.
Yeah, I remember complaining about the 10 hour corruption time... You look back and remember the 24 hour timer... Holy hell.

S

snowbunny024

Ok, this is my 1st time REALLY playing a faction theif and it seems that no one in our guild knows how the timers are. Atleast that no one has said. Maybe they just want to mule away all the points for themself's, I'm ok with that but....

In what order do I need to steal the faction sig's to get my theif points?

Do I steal them outa the town's and place them in our strong hold and wait for them to steal again to be replaced in our towns? And if so what is the timer on all this?
Again this is my 1st time playing a faction theif and need a lil help on in what order do I do this or that?
tks all.