• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Redeemer... your opinions?

J

JoyousGard

I got The Redeemer. One of my first UO artifacts. When I used to play with my paladin I would use it against the DF. I think it was terrible. But it wasn't bad either. I don't know if I used it right.

The 5 second swing speed is a real jip. It is also irritating it can't be repaired by a deed.

I don't know. I am curious, do you have a use for the sword? If so, how do you use it?

With the DF I would basically turn on whirlwind and run into the fracas with DF targeted. After the swing, regardless of the outcome, I would run out and wait and heal and wait and wait and then run back in to do the same. On successful hits it was pretty cool. I could see the direct damage effect of my swing in his lifebar. A massive strike, but I don't know if there is anyway to overcome the swing speed.

My paladin skills and stats need work, but is there another way to use The Redeemer?

I

imported_Sarphus

the only time I can see this sword possibly being effective is on a samurai using the whirlwind attack. It's very slow. Also, with an SSI suit you may be able to get an almost-respectable SSI off it.

G

Even with an Assassin Set and a Daimyo's Helm equipped, for a total of +30% SSI, the Redeemer is still way too slow. Only way you can get it to become fast enough to be tolerable is with Assassin Set+Daimyo's Helm with Divine Fury cast and Honorable Execution used to kill something, with 150 Stamina. That caps it out at 60% SSI and you swing it once every 1.75 secs.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I preferred it for the DF (the slow swing speed made me less likely to do a suicide-by-oath), but not being able to powder it ruined it for me.

I was doing twice as much damage per swing with it, than with my other domon slayer. Ended up with better Damage over time - and a lot less self-inflicted deaths.

Everything Else, I used a faster sword and my shield against.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

The sword "Redeemer," makes for a fine decorative piece of weaponry, and of course makes a fine choice for all official and ceremonial Paladin events.

However, I would carry one into battle only out of desperation, or upon direct revelation of the Diety.

Elladan of Baja

I

imported_Ozymandies

It's all relative. The best demon slayer is the the demon slayer you got.

I leant my Redeemer to a guildmate for the Magincia invasion and haven't seen ir since.

Leant, I think, is another one of those British spellings.

OZ

G

i have a use for it its locked down on my floor witht he rest of the arti crap.

G

Deco Sorry had to say it, got one for my swords Paladin and found I really hate the long time between swings so put it up.

G

Man, you guys are spoiled by all this fancy armor. What ever happened to jousting? (Mount up, run by your opponent, whack 'im as you go by, get out of range, recover, repeat!) This weapon is perfect for that.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

Man, you guys are spoiled by all this fancy armor. What ever happened to jousting? (Mount up, run by your opponent, whack 'im as you go by, get out of range, recover, repeat!) This weapon is perfect for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually tried that.

I had some success early in my testing, with balrons in particular, due to the weapon's very high per-shot damage output.

However, since my early tests I have decided that faster weapons are better even for jousting.

Even jousting with The Redeemer, due to the slow speed you need to make very infrequent passes.

For Galen and I it's been worthless save as a show piece.

This is not a complaint, mind you. I enjoyed the Book of Truth event very much, I found the rewards appropriate, acknowledge that others may get more actual use out of the weapon than I do, and genuinely like The Redeemer as a nice show piece. (I think Galen's got two in his office!!)

-Galen's player

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not our fault that a series of discontinuous and illogical changes over the years have made more than half the weapons completely useless relative of the "chosen few."

G

Well, I can't argue with that. I believe I've mentioned my personal RP-guided take on equipment before, which means my paladin is woefully ineffective, but extremely low-stress. But it's not a method that works for everyone.

G

It wears down way to quickly (Too low of a DUR to start out with), slower then water trying to run uphill
, Can not be Powered (with that low DUR it should be allowed to either be Self Rep "X" or able to be powdered up to "X" times only), when It hits it does great damage, but tooooo sloooooo. Other then that it's a good Floor Deco I'm Sorry to say

G

I put mine safely inside my trash barrel, you know for safe keeping.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I can't argue with that. I believe I've mentioned my personal RP-guided take on equipment before, which means my paladin is woefully ineffective, but extremely low-stress. But it's not a method that works for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem with the current system. If you choose to be RP oriented in your equipment choices...you have a serious problem keeping up.

This is, after all, an RPG....it shouldn't be that way.

I still think a "transmutation" ability for craftsmen is the easy way to fix it. Let a craftsman replace the graphic on items but leave the properties alone. No game balance effect, but you can choose to not look like a neon clown if you want to.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is also irritating it can't be repaired by a deed

[/ QUOTE ]

Far as I'm concerned that alone makes it totally useless.

Why bother getting used to using something that's going to eventually break?

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

I put mine safely inside my trash barrel, you know for safe keeping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kept the books , they do atleast as much dot , and look nicer locked down imho...

G

floppy hats that give better protection than a valorite platemail helm....

S

Suggestor

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the shamless bump... please bear with me.

Jeremy, if you want roleplayers to use the sword, at least allow us to use POF on it so that it can last. If not, let us replendish our supply when it wears out. Currently, this lvl 7 rarity artifact is much much rarer compared to the lvl 12 rarity artifacts from the magincia event.

Also, it is my roleplaying dream to wield a big bad ugly looking sword, just like those ridiculously over-sized sword from some asian cartoon series. When I try on the redeemer in KR to see how it looked, something weird happened. Instead of a sword appearing in my character's hand, a jester tunic appeared instead. In other words, when i equip the sword, it looked as though i put on a jester tunic. I know this graphic glitch is of low priority, but don't forget to include in your list somewhere

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First I must say I make a very good living selling PoF's, so I love them.

All that being said, I wouldn't be against making Level 11 artifacts un-PoFable. Since these are not unique items, they can be replaced (I didn't say easily replaced, but the can be replaced). Now Level 12 artifacts and craftable items aren't so easily replaceable, so they should continue to be PoFable.

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

Also, it is my roleplaying dream to wield a big bad ugly looking sword, just like those ridiculously over-sized sword from some asian cartoon series. When I try on the redeemer in KR to see how it looked, something weird happened. Instead of a sword appearing in my character's hand, a jester tunic appeared instead. In other words, when i equip the sword, it looked as though i put on a jester tunic. I know this graphic glitch is of low priority, but don't forget to include in your list somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]
Unintended glitch?

Or conclusive proof that the weapon is a joke?

You decide!

S

smile

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Unintended glitch?

Or conclusive proof that the weapon is a joke?

You decide!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... nice catch! Now I see the link between the two!! lol

I just tried whacking some undeads with my jester suit of undead and demon slayer. It wears out real fast, perhaps due to the fact that I am also using it to parry with bushido. Such a waste. I kinda like the graphics of the sword in 2D. Hope it looks great in KR and that it would be made useful one day.