• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The real story behind The Wintermoor Situation©

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Limlight.

I'm in HOT... and now that Links set the record straight; I'm waiting for you to let us all know how your foot tasted.

anywayz, I find it hilarious how the community here on UHall has been on the edge of their seats regarding no business of their own but somebody elses.

EA doesn't give people items that don't belong to them (hell, they don't even replace items lost that DO belong to them... )

Again, this is all about crying over spilled milk.

T

Tasslehoff

Thats funny because I scouted these IDOCS...

Several points that prove your statement false.

1. The Sheperds Crook and Tree Ornament Jewelry are normal locked down...and the jewelry has been moved.

2. The Magical Doors on the front house were falling almost under the stairs...yet are movable with a House placement tool as Link has since then moved them....they are indeed movable.

3. The only items that cannot be moved are the two story statues...as they are the only items without a "locked down" next to their name in the entire house.

4. I know all of this because when they were Fairly worn...I put Gift of Life on myself and then killed myself and walked inside the houses and ressed up and walked through them.

There were over 12 chests in each house with 70+ items in each chest.

Yeah, I bet all those items were unmovable.

...Link pulled a fast one.

*golf clap*

Jeremy, yes...Link even admitted that EA gave him the house supposedly...he also then started a HUGE rares auction at the exact same time...which he recently stopped when people "linked" to it.

Ironically, he ended the auction and gave the items to the highest bidder ...giving some items up for FAR BELOW their actual value.

The bottom line is...Link pulled a fast one...and I caught him in it...called him on it...and now he has done nothing but make it look worse with his posts and auctions.
you used gift of life to ress inside?you can't move when you die and gift of life is used up.you haven't been able to for along time.

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a little confused - JC, are you saying EA gave you those towers, or is everyone else saying it? (I have no knowledge of such a transaction, and it's certainly against our policy.)
Jeremy, I HIGHLY doubt that EA would GIVE someone, someone elses accounts. I do not believe the story at all. I was THERE when alot of Xanthars building fell. I also pettitioned Xanthar not to leave... Storys have been told and brought down over the years how Xanthar gave his belongins away or sold them.. most of which are not true.

Why would EA make an exception to ONE person when so many.. like myself and my son tried to have OSI/EA keep the buildings standing. I was one of those that wrote in trying to "take over" the museums to keep them alive. I STILL have the emails of their responses. From there I knew Wintermoor was no more and never would be.

I am trying to raise Xanthar on the ICQ to get some REAL answers but he has not answered back yet. I am hopeing he will come on for one last time to explain to us all what happned... from the time of the bannings, to the reinstatement to the final closeing of Wintermoor.

Xanthar was a great asset to the Atlantic shard. It was a sad day when he left.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It should be noted that intent is taken into account when it comes to the newest rule of our RoC. UOGuide is not - by nature, design, or otherwise - meant to be a real money trading site. It's simply an information site. Links to UOGuide are just fine here on the Stratics forums.
since replys are here in public seeing uo guid the item shoppe, offering rift pillares for 35 dollars 100 % proceedes to site or person it is not clear and pheonex set for 250 dollars with 30% going to him or the site again unclear it is indeed selling items for rl money, one or 100 is selling items for rl cash money, no matter who or what entity it goes towards

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well EA just gave me the ORIGIN SHARD.

I declined. What do I want with another dead shard in my pocket?
LOL can I have it then??

Wanted to ask you... are you the same Raven that tried to place on Ice Island a very long time ago... and we waited there for about 15 hours for it to drop... you were bragging how no one ever beat you in placeing a house.. I beat you that day and placed a cabbin there... lotta good stuff was in that house that fell... my goahhhh that was about in 2000 I think or somewhere around that time frame...Seems to me there were a few released dragons there at the time too... LOL

Mahsee was my chars name... the guild was Clan Moor that I was in. They all swore I had some kind of cheat to place that thing... Never, ever used any cheats... (well one time to get a moonglow tower thing which I never kept).

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess nobody remembers when the entire community was put up for sale in one lot in the name of Xanthar's wife, and they were told that houses with blessings could not be sold.
Mic... is that you??? parcel-associates???

S

Sheridan

JC has posted his version of the events in question in this thread here which seems to support EA/Mythic's policies to not simply turn over property to other players that petition for it. Please continue the discussion there. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.