• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The problem with VvV town fights, getting guard wacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know this has been discussed a few times in uhall and other forums. There is a current problem with players dying due to being guard whacked in active VvV towns. Last I heard about this, more information was needed for this to be fixed. I took the liberty to make the following youtube video recreating what happens and why. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This video does not provide any additional information to that which has already been described.
Guard wacked in VvV towns
It gives date, time, character names, shows shards, and gives specific details on the mechanics involved as per Kyronix's request in that thread. No better way to break it down than a video. I did miss the request to send it to the UO email though, which I will do right now =)

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix The OP posted a pretty indepth video which should hopefully help.

Please send as many specific details of the issue you are encountering to [email protected]

Thanks!
Details would include,
Date, time, shard, and character name involved in the issue. Status of the character, are you in VvV? Were you flagged as orange for engaging on someone in VvV? What is the notoriety status of the character (red, gray, otherwise-blue). What spell did you cast, did you receive any messaging after casting that spell? What was the status of the VvV match at the time you cast that spell.

There are hundreds of variables involved in every situation, and we need to be as exact as possible to reproduce, fix, and verify the issue is resolved. We also do not track bugs through Stratics. Please send the requested details to the aforementioned e-mail. Thanks!
Closing this thread. If anyone else has more details, please e-mail [email protected] regarding this issue as requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.