• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) The Pride of Vice - VvV Event Sunday, May 24th 3:30pm-5:00pm EST

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event: RP Themed VvV PVP Event - The Pride of Vice
Date: Sunday, May 24th 3:30pm-5:00pm EST

Go forth my purveyors of darkness, my minions of Vice. Kill, Murder and Destroy. Take what you want and take no prisoners. Show me who amongst you stands as the Pride of Vice. Who is the most fierce, the most cunning and the most deadly! There are no prizes for second place and you must stand alone atop the lists to claim my Pride!

As a reward, I will present to the Army and the Individual fighting for Vice that distinguishes themselves in battle during the Sieges of Britannia. The one who claims the most kills and the guild that claims the most towns shall earn the title of my Pride and be awarded a banner so none may dispute the claim.

If you fail, and Virtue defends the towns and your death toll is below that of the highest ranking Virtue Knight, then I give you nothing, as you are unworthy! Walk in Humiliation of your failure and know you are unworthy to be my Pride!

[Out of Character: Open RP VvV themed event. Come have fun, bring what you can lose. This week the player with most kills and guild that claims most towns will be awarded a banner as a reward: Pride if Vice, Humility if Virtue. The kills and town must be documented during the time of event for the prizes to be claimed.]

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja looks in her chest, she see several suits, some are very old and have little durability left and some have no LMC on them. she think, time to get cleaned up that chest and this way is much more fun, than just unraw them.

At this event, TDO will be allowed to loot.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not much response here, I do hope some will show up. I stocked my armor vendors and I also stocked a few dart trap, 30 tink boxes

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Memorial Day weekend here in the States.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Title is Pride of Vice, that's the action I saw from GIL

GIL got the Pride banner from me, that's my way to show them my disrespect.
It do not count for all GIL, only the ones who acted very anti virtue last evening

Pride, Anti-Virtue

The Proud soul considers itself to be superior to other living beings. It will disregard others' opinions, thinking that it, alone, is capable of valid reasoning. The symptoms of Pride include arrogance, intolerance and egocentricity.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I adore you Freja. I dear. *winks*

I just can not sign off on giving a fourth strike.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
For the ones who wonder what this is about, look here: http://www.whitecouncil.org/forums/index.php?topic=6061.0
GIL set a rule, kill Diablo first, then fight Virtue or get killed and dry looted.
This was a RP event, I was fighting on the Vice side, I happen to have same target as Diablo, GIL but GIL is very strong and did fine.
I choose to stay on the Vice side.
And yes I may help Diablo with trading and crafting, but I still fight him alot and die alot to him. I do look forward to the day I am the one standing after the fight and I may loot one of my quivers back if on his body :)
The fight I had had with him, had been good. He is powerful and know how to use his skills but only thing that stopped me from winning is my very outdated template and my age 60 year vs 22. I had been close to win several times and I'm going to make it.

I don't like to be told, to follow others rules, I have my own opinion and stand by it. If that get me killed and dry looted, so be it.

Now I will focus on my event first week in June.

Last edited:

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record Gilfane will be awarded banners of Humility as they are Virtue and won most towns and had the character with most kills. Freja is free to award them the banner as she wishes and is entitled to her feelings and her support of Diablo even if they are unpopular. I do hope she supports him to change but not help him on the field as people will see her as not just helping Diablo change but helping him grief people.

-Lore

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For the ones who wonder what this is about, look here: http://www.whitecouncil.org/forums/index.php?topic=6061.0
GIL set a rule, kill Diablo first, then fight Virtue or get killed and dry looted.
I don't like to be told, to follow others rules, I have my own opinion and stand by it. If that get me killed and dry looted, so be it.
That was quite a read. I've cut Freja's comment down to the essential point, as I see it.

Freja takes umbrage at having her allies dictated to her in what was ostensibly to be an RP good guys vs bad guys event. In that light, Diablo (someone most would agree is an actual bad guy on the shard) and Freja (about as far from a shard bad guy as possible) would play on the same side, FOR EVENT PURPOSES. She was pissed because she was told to turn on the Vice side or be treated like public enemy number 1.

Which IS kind of dickish of the Virtue team. Freja has done a lot to support siege in a variety of ways. Treating her the same as a repeat scammer is only justifiable through some interesting mental gymnastics.

The thread she points too has an interesting quote in it where a person goes so far as to say that Diablo would be executed in society. Come on folks! This is a video game!

Do I agree that Diablo is reformed? Not at all. I've repeatedly argued (in a friendly way) with Freja that he is no bueno. But that doesn't give me the right to treat her like she is something I know she isn't.

Actions say a lot more than forum posts. If Diablo goes a significant amount of time with the asshattery turned down, I'm willing to reconsider. But until then, my only dealing with him will be through an intermediary like Freja. It won't change my feelings about Freja herself.

GIL members who treat Freja like a villain are doing a large disservice to their more moderate guild members. Have a beef with D? Get in line! But take it out on the player himself.

Or, barring that, don't participate in the events at all. I purposefully avoided Sunday's event for this very reason. Too much D drama, too many other things to do in game. Like waging war on the infernal cows of Safe Haven and stocking my leather piles.....