• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Piper (Champ boss): does vamp form prevent being turned into rat man?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title says all: I remember you had to use savage kin paint, but I thought that maybe vamp for would also prevent the transformation.

Regards, Fizzle

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. You get the warning message that you can't do that in your form, and you don't turn into a ratman.

Also, I noticed that a tamer's pet didn't turn into a ratman either -- that would be relatively new, 'cause I can remember when they did.

I also remember when people would stable a pet that had been ratman-formed, and thereafter the pet would remain a ratman-form.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also remember when people would stable a pet that had been ratman-formed, and thereafter the pet would remain a ratman-form.
Never saw a "ratman pet", I admit. Did gamemasters turn them back to their normal form? Or was it patched?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. You get the warning message that you can't do that in your form, and you don't turn into a ratman.

Also, I noticed that a tamer's pet didn't turn into a ratman either -- that would be relatively new, 'cause I can remember when they did.

They were trying to fix a bug with Medusa turning pets, and in the process introduced a bug where when Barracoon would turn a pet into it's base coloring (permanently). I have an ugly looking Lesser Hiryu that used to be blue, and a silver/blue fire beetle that does not occur naturally from those times. Devs' solution to this was to remove Barracoon's ability to turn pets in the first place.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They were trying to fix a bug with Medusa turning pets, and in the process introduced a bug where when Barracoon would turn a pet into it's base coloring (permanently). I have an ugly looking Lesser Hiryu that used to be blue, and a silver/blue fire beetle that does not occur naturally from those times. Devs' solution to this was to remove Barracoon's ability to turn pets in the first place.
Post pic's! Always love seeing rare stuff!