• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The people have spoken! We want a Royal Wedding.

Who shall marry the King?

• The Gargoyle Queen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Empress of Tokuno

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • The reanimated corpse of Queen Dawn

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Heckles the Jester

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • An Ophidian Matriarch

• The Myrmidex Queen

• Navrey Night-Eyes

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our beloved King Blackthorn may be a cyborg, or something, but still he will not live forever. Sooner or later, he must marry and produce an heir.

It is non-traditional for such matters to be settled democratically. But we are a non-traditional realm. Now let us, his loyal subjects, choose the lucky individual who will become his spouse.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Down with Blackthorn! Behead the ursurper!

The only thing he should marry is the woodenblock his head ought to be put to when the executioner chops his ugly head off.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Mirabel? not sure if that's the right name, the kick-ass waitress from Brit, she really showed those invaders who was boss during the last invasion! I saw her single-handedly fighting a general, what a girl! :p

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I said "Other". I think you (@Lindae Lives) should take one for the tea ... er, game and marry the bloke. After all, based on the thread about stopping the spawn (link here) the union would perhaps give the power to act on that wish. <shrug>

<pulls tongue from cheek>

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Wedding?

I'm going to need some fresh robes..

*pens a message to Carly the High Lady Aproneer*

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also think that I should marry the King, but he never answers my letters. Even though I am the heir of an ancient aristocratic Umbran bloodline! For shame. However, I do think Heckles would be capable of killing a man out of jealousy, so perhaps this is best for me.

Edit: I am also already married, which I suppose disqualifies me. Not that anybody would know from the dismal amount of love and affection that I receive from my alleged spouse.

Sherry the Mouse was another option that hadn't occurred to me. Again, procreation may be a challenge - but if the King were prepared to legally adopt her children, I believe mice are famous for their heir-propagation abilities.

The other standout suggestion so far has been Maribel the Waitress.

However, there is currently one clear leader in the hearts of the people: the jester!

Last edited:

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you only post when under the influence of... I honestly don't know what would cause these types of posts, but no one sober would.
This is a highly offensive post. Not because it implies that I am a raging stoner, because in life I was a renowned connoisseur of laudanum, opium, marijuana, compassion sage, zoogi fungus, reaper sap, and all the many and varied spirits that my family's participation in the Gravewater smuggling market gave me access to. But now I am a lich and biologically beyond the reach of narcotics. I find this state of affairs appalling and any reminder of it deeply hurtful. You have wronged me! Get out of my thread!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I understand why I like you so much.

because in life I was a renowned connoisseur of laudanum, opium, marijuana, compassion sage, zoogi fungus, reaper sap, and all the many and varied spirits that my family's participation in the Gravewater smuggling market gave me access to.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Couple of things.....

1 - He's not a cyborg. The real Blackthorn was imprisoned by Exodus, the cyborg we fought, known affectionately as "robo-Blackthorn" to some of us, was a copy.

2 - I note that, at the time I write this, the reanimated corpse of Queen Dawn has gotten more votes than has Queen Zhah, who is, you know, alive (and therefore would provide a more politically advantageous union). I'm sure there's an explanation for that that is logical and rational to someone. But don't tell me.

3 - If the point is the production of an heir then this list needs to be shorter.

4 - He's the King. He doesn't have to pick just one.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sherry the Mouse was another option that hadn't occurred to me. Again, procreation may be a challenge - but if the King were prepared to legally adopt her children, I believe mice are famous for their heir-propagation abilities.
I have a character who is convinced that a friend of hers is the son of Blackthorn and Sherry. She's not sure how, but accepts it nonetheless.