• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Painted Caves Scripter© has moved

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found one of the Painted Caves Scripter's characters farming by the entrance of the Fan Dancer Dojo. Had a Demon Slayer Blackthorn's Kryss and was farming the fan dancers in that little square room at the first turn. I was unable to kill it, as the script seems to have improved quite a bit.

But I could still tell it was a script by the fact that when it dropped below 50% health, it started spamming Sacred Journey even though it was being hit by 6 Fan Dancers and 2 Headless, meaning there was basically 0% chance to get that spell off - a thing that would have been obvious to a real player had one actually been at the screen. This was followed by the character walking - yes, walking - slowly out of the dungeon a few squares at a time in a very straight line.

So check your local Fan Dancer Dojo! The Painted Caves Scripter© seems to be gunning for a new name.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, looks like they are wise to everyone noticing them so 1 client is working trammel and the other is still in the painted caves. Yay for farming in trammel in complete safety :/

+1 to the dev team for allowing this to continue for 2 years

H

Hanna

There has been a scripter bot there in the dojo on GLs for over a month, using an exhiler and darkwood set.

R

RedDaTeef

What is the best creature to farm to get the Darkwood set?
I wouldnt mind having one of those.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant farm darkwood sets, you have to make them.

As for the scripter on Europa, Drach and Atlantic... I've been harrasing him constantly for the last few days to the point that he's given up. His recall point is in Delucca and he even admitted to me yesterday that he scripts which I promptly pages a GM for as they can see my journal. What did they do? Nothing

Blantant evidence of scripting, even on my journal and nadda.

Theres ways to get him in Tram. I try to attack Gobu and Lurg, but they are just too strong for me :( I either end up dying or have to run out...

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1 to the dev team for allowing this to continue for 2 years
Developers have not much say on these things. GM team is ultimately responsible for dealing with taking action and they can disregard guidance from the dev team. UHall needs to really get this point in their heads: Complain about GMs, not developers.

C

Connor_Graham

There's been one present on Pacific in the Dojo for at least a month, in exactly the same spot. I'd toyed with the idea of "accidentally" bringing up every Fan Dancer on that level then invising, but tossed the idea. That would make me no better than them.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Legends there used to be at least 2 players unattended farming in the Dojo, but it had stopped for a while. I've been playing on Atlantic lately and it looks like I've seen the same player there too.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think not taking out the scripter makes you as bad as him. He's cheating the game and making money out of it, he's also disrupting our enjoyment becuase his script is hogging the Trog spawn.

If you want to be the better, knock him out! Its not as if your spoiling his fun now is it.

As a note I just killed him in fel and took out his two lil t... idiots in tram with Lurg and Grobu (On Drachs).

If everyone who winges about scripters actually were proactive then they scripter would give up. Dont moan.. do something about it!

C

Catskills Player

There's been one present on Pacific in the Dojo for at least a month, in exactly the same spot. I'd toyed with the idea of "accidentally" bringing up every Fan Dancer on that level then invising, but tossed the idea. That would make me no better than them.
Not to mention that luring and invising to kill a player in a tram Area is a bannable offence ...

P

packrat

I have checked the dojo on Napa and Tammy hasn't been there since someone got a skeletal dragon on her a few days ago. I have been looking around to see if she changed locations and cant find her as of yet.
I will post if I find her again.
I think the GM's should allow a vigilante posse to go after these guys at least for one night. Then maybe they will see how much we really care about our community.

C

Connor_Graham

Not to mention that luring and invising to kill a player in a tram Area is a bannable offence ...
They'd actually have to be present to be able to page now wouldn't they? ;)

By the time whoever is running these bots showed back up, the journal would have rolled well past the point where the incident happened.

But...as I said, that would make me no better than them.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Developers have not much say on these things. GM team is ultimately responsible for dealing with taking action and they can disregard guidance from the dev team. UHall needs to really get this point in their heads: Complain about GMs, not developers.
Complain about the activity that the scripter and the lack of a response by EA, not about the GMs or the developers. The problem is with the lack of response period, not specifically with the GM team.

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are semi attended. GM's are doing their job. Their script has to some kind of player alarm or GM detection. Everytime I murder them I get a count within 5 minutes. Trust me, I have been murdering them since before ML, that's over 2 years. Same name, same people. Sometimes, they do try to run away. Those annoying efields always get in their way =) I always try to make sure that the last hit is by a monster, pet or summons, that way they get charged double insure.

The Dev team has to realize that this person is damned determined and just removing gold from whatever monster he presently farming won't stop him. (See prism of Light, wisps) Making new things spawn around. (See Del passage, dread spiders) He will just change his script, change his routine and move to a new spot. There he will farm unchallenged until someone discovers him.

This guy has been found farming Ice fiends in Ice, daemons in hythloth; hell hounds in hythloth; dread spiders in the ant hole, cov level 2, and del passage; mummies in cov lvl 3, fan dancers in the dojo; trogs in the painted caves. Anywhere 1 type of monster monster spawns surrounded by nothing in a small area is a prime farming spot for him. As long as these spots exist, he will continue.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For once I'm going to agree with Connor.

I'll lure onto the scripter, I'll block their paths with objects....whatever it takes to break their script or get them killed.

I mean why would I care, it's not like EA's going to ban me. They don't even ban these scripters who have literally been doing this on every shard for over 3 years.