• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Order of the Silver Rose

C

CatLord

* ... a dark purple raven flashes before you and you can hear a faint whisper... *

"Young TormTar...

Magick is not dead,
Open your eyes and see with mystick sight.
A War rages,
A Reckoning is at hand.
On one side stand the Others,
Who would twist our world with their mad designs;
On the other hand,
the snare of Pride,
And Power's lure,
Await an inner Fall.
Is our Path too narrow?
You decide.
Come forth,
A journey beckons.
Open your eyes,
And Awaken..."

* ... the raven flashes again, exploding into a cloud of stardust... forming, for a blink of an eye, a glittering map, revealing an hollow mountain and a secret passage next to a waterfall... and a fading whisper... *

" ...twilight... "

Excerpt taken from our first day of training...

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, "..... beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian ..... Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on humans, pointed ear faeries, smelly orks or rockheads. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that!"

(do note the word hackers is used in the military... on a whole different context)

It was a long, long day...

In these times....

I feel it is necessary to quote the great Designer Dragon:

" In an odd sort of summary... Being safe from evil is, in my mind, an uneven tradeoff for the fact that you don't get to be heroes anymore, in that you can just opt out of fighting evil.

It may be nobody wants to be heroes except when it doesn't count, when it isn't challenging, that people would rather fight "pretend evil" than the real thing, but I don't personally believe that.

I still think people are better than that. I know this is an odd and probably controversial (perhaps even stupid) position to take, but it's how I feel.

I think that the greatest value of interactive entertainment is when it engages you for real, and teaches you things for real."

Lord Target

I also like the quotation...
"Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton (N.E.)

Taking a stand, offline or on, is extremely beneficial to us and our emvironment. IRL I wouldn't hide quietly and allow neighborhood bullies and thugs to take over and harass my friends and neighbors. I might or might not turn out to be a hero; to my way of thinking, hero is nice, but the important point is taking a position and holding firm. Online, I also won't stand aside and allow the neighborhood bullies and thugs to overrun the shard.

Oriana

I tend to treat them as they behave. Yes sometimes this means when they're acting as children, they get treated as children. Sometimes they need to learn inappropriate behavior will be ignored and other times it shall be disciplined. Use your more mature insight to be sure which path to follow.

Lady Hester Terion

I would venture to say that yes there ought to be some form of evil goings on within the game.
This should be accomplished through the game, it's events and the Faction element.
No, it does not need to be the result of live players that just wish to wreck the pleasure of others. Players tend to play as they would normally inter-react with the real world if the restraints of the real world were no longer an issue. As in real life there are those that would ignore this behavior and those that would appose or support it. Sometimes there comes along one or two elements, (Players), that have the ability to get others moving. This has happened here on Catskills and the ball is now rolling. I know which goal I am defending, as many others do, yet some still are trying to figure that out.

Palindrome

Just to remember, be nice and civil at all times in trammel, no need to take fights from fel to trammel and not being nice and helping"enemys" out whenever they need a ress or a heal in trammel

Wise NorthMan

Back to today...

At the last event, I was watching a sea of blues and a few predators... that I was putting into stat when possible... but I was alone in my Duty.

So this is my offer... a united front versus those predators.

There are many paths... and usually the politics take over this... however, after last EM event bloodshed... I think we got to learn alot.. and hopefully learnt to put our differences apart...

Many shards have destroyed the raiding reds, promoted community champs and harrowers... Catskills did it a few times... always wrapped in deception, politics and innuendo...

So this time I'll keep it simple...

The Royal Army will start recruiting soldiers... soon.
TB will have the chance to RP its support to Queen Dawn.

Please PM me if you wish to add your stealth archer to TB or fight unfactioned...

The Order of the Silver Rose welcomes any lone knight errant willing to make a stand...

Pitr.

PS: Sorry for not posting the pictures of the EM Event massacre, kudos to all that were stubburn and rich enough to take it to the end... I was busy.

PSS: many say the goal of these boards is to unite the shard... so is mine... I could work on helping the three predators or all the pked and resskilled blues... I'll go with helping the majority...

C

CatLord

It seems there is a tiny info missing...

Please meet me ingame, send icq or pm so I get you accessed to our Yew HQs...

I hope everyone enjoyed the training last night... more to follow today.

One Circle! One Soul!

Thank you.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Lady Belle, I'm a little confused. I certainly didn't intend to post in the pvp smack talk thread. I have no idea how I even ended up there... *shudders*

edit: Ah, the light dawns, I made the mistake of posting to that thread a long time ago, and I think I'm still getting notifications. I probably clicked on the link and went there without realizing what I was doing, and subsequently got the two threads confused...

C

CatLord

(( Catlord was a warrior that became a TormTar... then learnt he was the student of an assassin in an Order of Paladins. Later on, he failed the Balron quest becoming possessed... some say there was CA interference. So now we have a mad, devilish catman enjoying the freedom of roaming the lands without inquisitors after his wicked essence... and a plan... murder Dawn and take the reins of Power... he finds it rather amusing that the other active True Brittain is a vampire... so he believes they both are in a race to see who kills the Queen first... with the vampire having a large advantage, he already killed the Royal Mage, Clainin... shh... ))

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Lady Belle, I'm a little confused. I certainly didn't intend to post in the pvp smack talk thread. I have no idea how I even ended up there... *shudders*

edit: Ah, the light dawns, I made the mistake of posting to that thread a long time ago, and I think I'm still getting notifications. I probably clicked on the link and went there without realizing what I was doing, and subsequently got the two threads confused...
Would you like that post moved Llewen?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly didn't intend to post in the pvp smack talk thread. I have no idea how I even ended up there... *shudders*
That was my fault. I moved a bunch of PvP related posts out of this thread and into the PvP thread. I must have forgotten to uncheck yours so it would stay. Sorry about that. Let me know if you want it moved back.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh don't worry about it. It was responded to in the other thread and someone copied it back here, so I'm not concerned. Just glad to know I'm not losing my mind... yet... :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That was my fault. I moved a bunch of PvP related posts out of this thread and into the PvP thread. I must have forgotten to uncheck yours so it would stay. Sorry about that. Let me know if you want it moved back.
Kind of unfair since the second half of his post is exactly that.

C

CatLord

I would like to invite all of our Members to visit Sonoma.

The EM Hall... and go South.

There you will find a drill camp where young TB are tested...

Finishing the maze provides you entrance to the Army ranks... (and nice Sturdy Royal Army Boots if it is a Quest day)

C

CatLord

Tonight is the Final Meeting... I hope everyone enjoys the outcome.

Thank you.

C

CatLord

FYI:

DoD, Doom, D3AD, TACT and WET (mhm mhm)
moved to DRI... promoting Faction Unity.

This ends the existence of DoD and Doom.

And it is the Birth of a unique TB Alliance...

If you need guilded please use vent, contact a member or post a message..

Thank you for your support.

Good luck on the Field.