• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] The old small special fish got an update, after all...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still trying to get all 4 types to test, but so far, here's what I've found.

As my fisher is my mage, with 120 magery and 120 eval, the comparable spell effects are +13% if cast, so the lower amounts given by the mess of fish are obviously not from my own Eval.

Truly Rare Fish
Old: +1% or +2% STR for 15 seconds
New: Equivalent to casting Strength (2nd level magery spell) at 100 Eval, for both duration and effects (+11% Bonus, Duration is 126 seconds, or thereabouts).

Highly Peculiar Fish
Old: 1-2 points restored of Stamina
New: 10 points restored of Stamina

Wondrous Fish
Old: +1 or +2 DEX for 15 seconds
New: Equivalent to casting Agility (2nd level magery) at 100 Eval (+10% bonus, Duration 126 seconds)

Prized Fish
Old: +1 or +2 INT for 15 seconds
New: Equivalent to casting Cunning (2nd level magery) at 100 Eval (+11% bonus, Duration 126 seconds)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope you don't mind, I added these new stats to the sticky FAQ! Thanks.

Slowly get it updated, But with the wealth of new stuff to do It might take a bit. :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's what I posted them for.

BTW, I don't know if the fish cutting is the same now, but before, when cutting up for steaks, a stack of "X" fish produced (2X-1) * 4 steaks.

20 fish would be (2*20 - 1)*4 = 39 * 4 = 156 steaks, as an example.

59,996 steaks would be one stack of 7500 fish (7501 would waste 4 steaks).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wish they would make these stackable. TY for the info. Do not cut up new fish. Store them in your bank or house for quests. If you need fish steaks buy the old style fish from NPCs (500) and cut them up. 500 fish (500 stones) = 3996 fish steaks (400 stones)