• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Ol' Hag's Inn. (Halloween House)

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

I know it's over (Halloween) but I would like to see what everyone has done for their Halloween houses this year. I know there were a few Halloween contests on diff shards but I'm not sure how to find them nor which shards specifically. So this is my first design after coming back from almost a 2yr break from UO. I give u The Ol' Hag's Inn.

(More details n story event of the house can be found here.)

Hope u all had a ghoulish Halloween! Enjoy! :eek:

Hope to see ur Halloween Houses!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! That's one for the record books. Good job. ;)

Unfortunately, as much as I love decorating challenges… I just can't afford seasonal efforts like this. Most houses I have, or have control of, are vendor houses… with pink vendor deeds, so recalling all the vendor owners for vendor moves is out of the question. I more or less just work with what I have at hand… and no one seems to think that’s worth a look. I gave up doing the Halloween thing for just a simple fall theme, then I’ll go bonkers for Christmas… spending days working on 6 different houses. Take a normal summer theme and turn it white and icy… that’s magical enough for me. hehe.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank u so much EvilPixieWorks! :D

I understand how that feels being paralyzed and yet itching to do up ur vendor house, hehe, which is why I have my main account house just to myself to do up anytime I want (which isnt very often, just those big holiday themes). Speaking of which I need to get started on my xmas project too now and wow, 6 accounts of yours is sure gonna be alot of work! Looking forward to seeing urs and everyone elses! :eyes:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have to come to Atlantic to see the grand display for Christmas. hehe. I’ll give you the tour. As is, I’m still in the thinking stages of how far I’ll go this year. I had the ladder and gaza mats working in full scale last year. Icicles covering everything to the point of beg barrow and steal to get those tickets. At least in the fury, I have extra now. You know… “just in case.” :)

I looked all over for that “Horror-ween” décor I did, but I can't find it.

I’ll tempt you with a picture of one of the smaller houses last year. Normally quite normal looking, a quite country style church called “The First Church of Candy.” The idea was to turn the lot into a full scale gingerbread house.

Here’s what it looks like normally, (slightly older picture):

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Formosa to see your house and it really is awesome! The windmill is terrific and I absolutely LOVE the homemade sign you have on the southeast corner. :love:

N

nynyve

I'm glad you started this thread on Halloween deco. For my first Halloween deco, I decided to go with a horror theme on Legends, doing a floor for the deco contest.

E

elspeth

Not too many posts so I thought I'd add mine. Not too impressive really, I just added some color and halloween items to existing house. This level is meant to be very functional and thus I don't like changing it too much.