• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Nightmare

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

** 5 Years Ago**

Though he slept in darkness, he was mostly visible as the dim light given by the walled torches just outside the room reflected upon his skin. The small room shook with the pounding of what seemed like thousands of feet, running toward him. Merek's chest began to burn beneath his skin, his mind began to falter and his vision filled with haze.

"PENROSE..." A young girls voice called out.

Merek awoke from his rest, beads of sweat dripping off his body. Fully upright now he made his way to the doorway. The cold stone floor beneath him did nothing to quell the burning that remained beneath his skin.

Father ... Ever since you passed, I've had a dream about a large black wolf with yellow eyes hunting me. Sometimes the dream would occur night after night, and sometimes it would disappear for a few days or weeks. However, the dream is always about one black wolf searching for me. In these dreams, I either watch it, hide from it or even run from it ... Sometimes I find myself trying to save someone from it, but I know that it is always looking for me and that if it ever finds me, it will kill me...

But ... I cannot describe how large this animal is, or how frightening it is to me. It's perhaps my greatest fear in dreams and in waking. Merek exhaled a large sigh as he continued walking along the halls of his deceased father's estate.

Sometimes it's very far away, sometimes it's right outside my door. The flames from the torches in the narrow halls flickered, the shape of the black wolf now silhouetted against the wall...

My Nightmare...

Last edited: