• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The New Rising Tide Parrot

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Got my new parrot today! :pirate:

Untitled.jpg

It sits cutely on your shoulder.
The parrot takes the name of the player who chooses it.
Takes the slot of your robe and in my case, the Epaulette.
The top part of the parrot which is grey when chosen, can be dyed with natural dye.
Double click it while on your shoulder and it flies around for a brief time
It can be locked down, it can be raised and also turned using the interior decorating tool

I love my cute little feathered buddy!...Great job with the artwork Dev's.:)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow! I could see this... someplace. Perhaps on a crafter. :) hehe

Wonder if it would show up sitting on a vendor.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can only see it on the paperdoll. It still flies around sitting in your backpack.

Would be nice if it did not use a slot.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Can you trade them?
the publish notes says you can, but its name will remain the name of the char who claims it

I can't wait to get one... just can't decide if I want one with Joe the Crabman or PizzaNbeer on it

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats why I was thinking crafters and vendors. No robes needed. In fact, because they are not commonly combat guys... you can have a bit more fun with outfits in crafters. And vendors.

Never figured out how to make a pet parrot more vocal. I've seen some, other people's houses, where they copy almost everything said. Mine are dead quiet.

Get these type parrots to sing "Popeye the Sailor" and I'd have fits of giggles every time I spot it. :p

How silly would it look to have a parrot in a dungeon? Monster would smell food! Or stealthing along and have it squawk and give you away? :dunce:

They need to make a fallen! Or eagle.

OMG! Random flash of memory hit me from long ago. Did any old Ultima have a winged pet as a weapon? It would fly out and return like a boomerang.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I traded mine to a 2nd account and it sits on his shoulder too but retains the name of the original reward chooser, so it is important that you trade all cargo to your main character to sell to the Buc's pirate.

Now that I have my parrot, I'm going to "bank" all future points for the Triton pet - I have a feeling the Triton will cost several million points. Also, when the "new" rewards come out next month, I wonder if the
"old" rewards disappear?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my new parrot today! :pirate:

View attachment 95907

It sits cutely on your shoulder.
The parrot takes the name of the player who chooses it.
Takes the slot of your robe and in my case, the Epaulette.
The top part of the parrot which is grey when chosen, can be dyed with natural dye.
Double click it while on your shoulder and it flies around for a brief time
It can be locked down, it can be raised and also turned using the interior decorating tool

I love my cute little feathered buddy!...Great job with the artwork Dev's.:)
Thank you - I didn't know about the flying around part - just did it, great animation :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's really pretty, I just wish it was on some useless slot that wasn't used for anything useful.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the publish notes says you can, but its name will remain the name of the char who claims it

I can't wait to get one... just can't decide if I want one with Joe the Crabman or PizzaNbeer on it
well hell I had hoped that the name would changed when it was traded off. Now I have to store all the cargo for the character I want the dang thing on and lose all the other points I been getting on the one character I have been using as I am not getting the title powder monkey for any of my characters nor do I wish to have a wood ship sign

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wish it had been Cape slot so you could wear your piratey epaulets and have a parrot. Would be fun for rp.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the parrot but think 100k is too much for one, so i"m gonna sit on my points and wait for the pet that I'm sure will be overpriced too.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When's the last time you saw a pirate wearing robes?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the parrot but think 100k is too much for one
I'm surprised Garth, with your knowledge of the high seas I would have expected you to get those 100k points easily within an hour.
It's really easy to get doubloons by killing the plunder beacons. Each beacon usually takes me about 5-10 minutes and there are areas where you will find several beacons within an area of about 5 screens. Use two or more characters to do damage to the beacon so all damagers will get a mythical cargo load. You'll have parrots in no time and still have doubloons in the bank for when they release Triton.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you "undye" the parrot's head if you choose god-awful color by mistake? And can people please post PICs of their dyed parrot and mention which natural dye they used, please...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you "undye" the parrot's head if you choose god-awful color by mistake? And can people please post PICs of their dyed parrot and mention which natural dye they used, please...
You dye them over and over. The multi color BOD reward dyes look cool.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you teach them to talk? I see all sorts of fun if we could do that. *teaches parrot to say 'Kill Ginger'.

pigrose

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You can get one parrot in 20 mins
just go fel
use "a lot of" characters and do damage on plunderbeacon
after you defeat the beacon, 70%-90% of your characters will get one myth cargo
ps. EJ can get cargo
that means you can get 100000+ point on 1 beacon

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
one person using 10 accounts, gets 100k points/parrot off every tower. these are the kind of actions that makes many want to quit the game. no comment l

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I love the artwork. I only wish it had some beneficial stats such as DCI 5 and MR 2 like a non-luck Conjurer's Garb. That would make it useful beyond simply being a vanity item.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried a Character Statue Maker while wearing the Parrot? Im curious to see if it will copy the parrot as well since ur wearing it as a robe.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I wish they had given us a choice of slots or even made a new one just for the parrot. Most of my characters have the older power/death robes or even the vet reward and have to remove it to have the parrot on the paper doll. I am not happy with it and another thing, let us name the dang bird, not give it the name of the owner.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My assessment, for what it's worth:

-The paperdoll artwork is very nice.

-The flying animation is cute.

-It's dyable, so it has some customizability.

-I love the idea of vanity pets. These are a good idea. These should be expanded upon. Different varieties for the store would be perfect.

But...

-You can't see it on the character, only on the paperdoll.

-It takes up a valuable clothing slot. (The parrot would have been absolutely perfect for a transmog--combine it with the item you would normally wear in that slot and it's basically now a vanity robe or epaulet or whatever.)

-You can't name it.

And, perhaps most sadly of all...

If you're wearing a tricorne hat, half its head is hidden.

Tricorne hat. Not just any hat, but the hat most likely to be worn by the discerning and fashionable honest seafarer.

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. Trying to get this parrot is probably the most I've played consecutively in a few months, and it's hiding behind my hat. If they only checked ONE HAT against the parrot, it should have been the tricorne.

Screenshot (248).png

So close. So very, very close. *sigh*

(dyed with red natural dye, if anyone is interested)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

-I love the idea of vanity pets. These are a good idea. These should be expanded upon. Different varieties for the store would be perfect.

But...

-It takes up a valuable clothing slot. (The parrot would have been absolutely perfect for a transmog--combine it with the item you would normally wear in that slot and it's basically now a vanity robe or epaulet or whatever.)

-You can't name it.

Tricorne hat. Not just any hat, but the hat most likely to be worn by the discerning and fashionable honest seafarer.

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. Trying to get this parrot is probably the most I've played consecutively in a few months, and it's hiding behind my hat. If they only checked ONE HAT against the parrot, it should have been the tricorne.

View attachment 96123

I agree with most of what you said... Nameable for sure or at least not take a name until you equip it... That way it's more personal but I'd much rather give my parrot a name...

As for the hats that's a shame... and test something????? What you mean Misk might actually have to DO something??? I am not exactly sure what it is he supposedly does there.. besides be at Mesanna's beck and call with everyone else... but I'm guessing he's more the waterboy than he is actually doing his job...

Several years later and I still can't read the runes I put into the new Runic Atlas in the EC because the colors chosen are TOO LIGHT on a light background making them damn near impossible to read.

My guess is he doesn't ever get into the EC to look at anything that goes into game only the CC otherwise this sort of **** would never pass his desk... but then my other guess is he just signs off on things without even looking assuming that Bleak and Kyronix know what they are doing... and have looked at it... which again... I'm gonna have to say NO.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess is he doesn't ever get into the EC to look at anything that goes into game only the CC
Every EC player knows this. None of them look at the EC anymore. Apart from Kyronix who probably drew the shortest straw on that warm summer day in 2009.

Bleak, Misk or Mesanna booting up the EC? I doubt it.

The fact that it only shows on paperdoll sounds like its just like any other epaluette? Makes you realize how hard they are trying to cut corners to produce content that doesn't cost anything beyond art files.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The fact that it only shows on paperdoll sounds like its just like any other epaluette? Makes you realize how hard they are trying to cut corners to produce content that doesn't cost anything beyond art files.
They made the effort with the whip, which so far is essentially a rare.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They made the effort with the whip, which so far is essentially a rare.
Which effort? As far as I know its just another weapon with a new "skin".
Same as the parrot is just another epaluette.
What I mean with cutting corners. A proper shoulder pet that's visible in-game would probably take 10x the effort.
I still like the parrot, dont get me wrong. On the plus side it looks pretty cool on the paperdoll :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If that parrot is 100k points I cringe at how much the triton will be!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Which effort? As far as I know its just another weapon with a new "skin".
Same as the parrot is just another epaluette.
What I mean with cutting corners. A proper shoulder pet that's visible in-game would probably take 10x the effort.
I still like the parrot, dont get me wrong. On the plus side it looks pretty cool on the paperdoll :)
I thought it was new art and animation. Is it not? It has paper doll, character, and animation art.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it was new art and animation. Is it not? It has paper doll, character, and animation art.
I see what you mean. Indeed there is nothing to complain for the whips apart from personal taste.

Also didn't mean to complain (for once!) about the parrot. I like them, but find the implementation "interesting" :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

But...

-You can't name it.

View attachment 96123

Go to here Bugs tag Kyronix and post what you think is wrong with it. I bet some will get changed.