• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the NEW mage/tamer templet

O

ostoc

for months ive been getting it all wrong... ive been trying to figure out how to make my mage/tamer templet work for me. let me ask you this... how many times have you been interruped with your spell casting when your trying to kill a imp or something magical? its annoying isnt it... trying to cast cure or greater heal and you get interrupted... well i found a balance here.. so this never happens again.

we all know the mage/tamer templet useually goes like

120: vet, lore, and taming
120 med.evel/and magery

but heres what i did
120 vet,lore, taming stayed the same.. dont even touch it
120 evel and magery stayed the same too.. to valuable

heres the trick... get rid of your meditation... i had 120 in it... and now im replacing it with 100 wrestling and 20 focus

why on earth would i do that? because with 100 wrestling you no longer get interrupted.. and with all armor pieces with mana regeneration youll get back your mana quick anyways... why even bother with hard to find mage armor? focus you dont even need mage armor. just how many times do you really cast spells anyways being a mage tamer? its your pet's that do the attacking... really, seriously... meditation is pointless when we have mana regeneration armor. so drop that and go for wrestling... it will work for me and it will work for you to

update: so i kind of changed my mind and just went 120 wrestle, no focus.. but still mana regenaration x2 pieces on... to my surprize... 120 wrestling is NO good at all... i did a champ spawn in japan land... the one that starts with lizard men and deathbeetles... i cast a spell but 1 lizardman came to me before i casted, and i got disruppted... couldnt cast anything... not only did it do it once, it happened many times.. just 1 lizardman did this to me... weak enemy, nothing magical about it. was 120 wrestling a waste of time and money? you bet your sweet ass it was. no wonder people sold theyre wrestling sots for dirt cheap. wrestling in my opinion is bugged, damaged or broke. waste of time. i was mad when i learned of this. if you cast protection however you can stilll cast spells when something attacks you, but your physical resist goes down. so now im taking meditation to 50, and animal taming to 110.. and wrestling to 80, so i can at least disarm fighters... but these skills are still useless without parry, or bushido, or magic resist.. you see... im in factions. if your a trammy just go 120 meditation and cast protection. ill keep you posted when i figure out a good combo for a lethal mage/tamer who wishes to fight in factions, or pvp... or just be prepared for anything

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No amount of Wrestling or melee skill will prevent you from getting hit by spells form casting monsters. The Bushido spell Evasiion will let you evade magical attacks.

If you use the Magery spell Protection, you will not get interrupted. Protection will reduce your casting speed, lower your physical resist (easy to recover), and lower your Resisting Spells (also recoverable).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Call me old fashion... :)

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
replacing it with 100 wrestling and 20 focus
Or be human, get 120 wrestling, and have 20 focus from JoaT.

Or use a spell channeling mage weapon and jewelry to take your magery back up.

Or get magic resist.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really depends on your playstyle ...
Not everyone wears high-mr-suits. Many tamers like luck-suits. On my 'basic' tamer template, I usually leave out eval. There are many ways to customize a tamers template.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to have tailoring on my tamer.
Gets so boring when i do peerlees, so i normally fill some bods so i dont fall asleep :)

M

maroite

Go vet your pet while it kills a fire de mon. :x

Honestly, I'm thinking of stoning vet. Its nice for pet resses and honestly thats about it. With monster who change targets when you go to vet, and how close you have to be to monsters that do AoE's, its just becoming more and more useless.

Not to mention it takes longer to use vet than it does to cast two greater heals, which heal just about as much damage and you don't even have to be close to your pet.

Vet needs redone imho.

Wrestling seems like a complete waste imho. If your pet is doing all the damage, and you're not being attacked, why do you need wrestling? Also, isn't it counter productive to be a mage tamer and not cast spells? ...

N

NickyDishes

well, are we talkin pvm or pvp? pvp i can see a possibilty. im battling between wrestle for disarm spammin dexxers and resist with mage weapon for para spammin mages.

J

Jack Parker

i think it would be better if you got rid of med and wrestling and put cooking in. that way you could do something fun and still useless while you let your gdrag do all the damage:pancakes: :party:

C

Capt.E

You are sortof on the right track I think. What you really need however is defence chance increase items. The cap for it is 45, but you can go to 65 or 70 if you plan to PVP. If your magery is 120 a -Mage weapon will work better than wrestle since you aren't giving up anything to get 120 weapon skill. Nothing other than protection will stop you from getting interrupted by imps or other magic casters(evasion--bushido/20 seconds between each use will stop 1 or 2 spells). Also you will probably want to raise your dex some to get your weapon swinging a little faster. 40 is min/ 80 is good for pvp but it doesn't have to be natural, using pots and bless for example. But be sure that you are at 80 after being cursed. You will notice a drastic difference even at 40 dex and 45 dci with a Mage weapon.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do the whole taming, lore, vet, magery, music and peacing thing. It is a wonderful template for PVM.