• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new faction system

• Thread starter wee papa smurf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
W

wee papa smurf

Ok, just tried out some of the stuff on Faction test centre and heres what i've discovered so far...

1, Gone are the days of the good ole defences because these new bases seem very large and open, so no more feilding those tight spots, which in a way is good for theifs?

2, Wth? You get points for stealthing? lol! Points for just running a sig too?

3, Looks to me like only minax as a faction has survived as its in the same spot (New base though)

4, Theres a bank in each base?? a big LOL to that :lol:

Anyone else wanna add there own bits? Good or Bad?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new bases are begging to be exploited using z-axis tricks.

I think they may have made the bases too large. They are not towns.

Definitely need to get rid of the bank. You should not be able to resupply from inside the base.

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what the z-axis trick is but... I would have to agree that the bases are way to big... I'm not a very good thief but I know that even if my sorry sigil stealing ass was being tracked I could stealth all day in the bases. Large area, lots of stairs, lots of levels. Don't matter which way that tracking arrow is pointing a good thief would be hard as hell to catch.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need to get rid of some of the rooms in the GL and FT bases.

Say good bye to town fights.

Points for stealth and healing are you kidding?

I have no clue how to gain intel.

A

Always a Ghost

Well I actually like the new set up..

1) the bases give more room for manoverability and can set up better defences

2) The bank there is a great idea, can stock up during a fight instead of being killed once and out with no resources

3) getting faction points for stealthing, x healing ect is a great idea, takes away the importance of those who use "helper" programs that enable you to kill anyone at any time and makes team work a little more important so everyone can compete and wear the faction items

I can see a few flaws as well but getting real tired of the negative aspect being put up on these boards all the time. So as the old saying goes, if ya aint got something posative to say well then just keep your dam mouth shut :)

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few comments about the new faction system:

* The HQs are huge, also a labyrinth finding my way in/out.
* The border lines outside faction HQs, take some of the mountain away so it dont interfer with blocking houses at entrance.
* The entrances of the three different HQs should be the same, not too wide, not too narrow, the size of an e-field is perfect.
* The bank inside HQ needs to go. With a secret passage in/out of the HQs theres absolutely no need for a bank. (infinite resources, infinite battles).
* The secret passage can only be accessed by the respective faction, what prevents a defending faction to take its own sigils into the inaccessible passage and hold them there? [possible bug]
* The open doorway into the faction HQ looks cool, but you cant see the players underneath. Design flaw.
* Eliminate the bugs such as the z-axis into HQ tactic/bug. Its flawed on all HQs.
* [BUG] The error message "you are not in this faction and may not pass through" comes on all 1,2,3,4 floors even though the secret passage is on floor 0. [Crusaders of virtue]
* The leading boards should be easily accessible on all factions. (ie. guardian legion)
* Make sure the colors of the faction HQs work with the faction theme of the faction.
Devs dont know which three factions there will be? Time to find out! Design the HQs _after_ you decided which factions there will be. (adopt the existing themes on prod shards)

* The new scoring system, please keep the scores down to earth. People running around with thousands (and soon millions) of points is no good.
And minus points, que? If I get busy rl with work and master studies and only play 1 hour a week I end up with minus points and title "Deserter"?
* Faction donation - Good rewards for joining faction. If you take away the bonus myself and other will have to rebuild suits causing LOTS of pain (and/or innactive accs).
* The current faction rewards on prod shard with its bonuses open for the casual player to participate in faction, those who dont play 24/7.

[Suggestion] The leader boards all-factions could be displayed one and only one place i.e a town.
This means more to fight over as people frequently visit the boards to see their score.

Its good the new faction system is on Test Center only, it means it can be changed/fin-tuned before it reaches prod shards.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2) The bank there is a great idea, can stock up during a fight instead of being killed once and out with no resources
Why is there no bank in Doom Gauntlet? Because you need to prepare. Putting a bank in faction bases is going to make it so you have an unlimited supply. Plus and good loot is going to be gone before you have a chance to get inside.

Also it is going to be a huge benefit to stealthers. You can open and use your bank box while hidden.

Bank has to go.

G

Gowron

I actually support the bank in the HQ. Bases are inherently resupply points.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My biggest complaint is the distance between the bases, as it is right now, normally I am the only TB thief on GL during the daytime hours, my normal routine to to grab the sigils and refresh them at least 3 times during the day but other times even more if the opposing faction have thieves on.

Right now, I can run one sigil back in a lil bit over a minute, but as Tinkz posted on the Test Center Forums, it is well over 3 minutes to run one back on a dead run from the new bases.
Now that might not seem like alot of time for that, but times 3 minutes x 8 sigil = 24 minutes time then add at least 3 runs................Thieves will spend more time running then anything else.

Get rid of the Banks in the bases.

Leave Stat timer alone.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I actually like the new set up..

1) the bases give more room for manoverability and can set up better defences

3) getting faction points for stealthing, x healing ect is a great idea, takes away the importance of those who use "helper" programs that enable you to kill anyone at any time and makes team work a little more important so everyone can compete and wear the faction items

I can see a few flaws as well but getting real tired of the negative aspect being put up on these boards all the time. So as the old saying goes, if ya aint got something posative to say well then just keep your dam mouth shut :)
How are people going to set up better defenses when they have to defend 2, 3 or 4 entrances to a room or the entire base.. It's going to be impossible to keep the sigs from a good thief.. Oh yeah you can log in the bases still, sou can run around, and stealth and do what ever you want.. The odds are they wont find you...

2. Oh yeah, I want to see how awesome banks are after people start banking all their loot when they see a huge raid come in. Banks are dumb.. dumb and dumb.. Especially because your enemies can bank in your base.. So they can loot ur entire body and not have to go far for a 2nd trip.. LOL.. well thought out as usual..

3. Faction points are going too be so high and exploited.. the new system is broke on faction shard too.. -201202391203912 points huh? Way to learn your lesson.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How are people going to set up better defenses when they have to defend 2, 3 or 4 entrances to a room or the entire base.. It's going to be impossible to keep the sigs from a good thief.. Oh yeah you can log in the bases still, sou can run around, and stealth and do what ever you want.. The odds are they wont find you...

2. Oh yeah, I want to see how awesome banks are after people start banking all their loot when they see a huge raid come in. Banks are dumb.. dumb and dumb.. Especially because your enemies can bank in your base.. So they can loot ur entire body and not have to go far for a 2nd trip.. LOL.. well thought out as usual..

3. Faction points are going too be so high and exploited.. the new system is broke on faction shard too.. -201202391203912 points huh? Way to learn your lesson.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

A few other notes... A few of us tried the z axis bit in the GL base and were unsuccessful, however, we were able to recall out of the base, which was fortunate because the design of those bases are beyond ridiculous, but hopefully that won't make it to publish. They are too big, too maze-like, too laggy, especially the GL base. I didn't notice as much lag in the other two. Cutting down on the deco may help with the latter.

I liked the wider entrances at the mountain, but the pathways are too wide. Those areas are typically the first line of defense. They shouldn't be wider than an energy field and there needs to be more choke points to retreat to when necessary. I am not at all in favor of having several entrances/exits in any base. Shards with smaller populations would have a difficult time defending any of these bases... Especially Siege.

Also... Whats up with so many sets of monoliths in each base? Interesting idea, I suppose.

I also noticed that faction runes are still in the picture. Those should be removed, if nowhere else, at least on Siege.

I'd really like to see some communication from the devs on some of this.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
few of us tried the z axis bit in the GL base and were unsuccessful
Yeah, I tried exploiting that to no end in all the bases. They fixed it.

Also... Whats up with so many sets of monoliths in each base? Interesting idea, I suppose.
The GL base has 3 sets of monoliths. That's a bit rediculous.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few comments about the new faction system:

* The HQs are huge, also a labyrinth finding my way in/out.
* The border lines outside faction HQs, take some of the mountain away so it dont interfer with blocking houses at entrance.
* The entrances of the three different HQs should be the same, not too wide, not too narrow, the size of an e-field is perfect.
* The bank inside HQ needs to go. With a secret passage in/out of the HQs theres absolutely no need for a bank. (infinite resources, infinite battles).
* The secret passage can only be accessed by the respective faction, what prevents a defending faction to take its own sigils into the inaccessible passage and hold them there? [possible bug]
* The open doorway into the faction HQ looks cool, but you cant see the players underneath. Design flaw.
* Eliminate the bugs such as the z-axis into HQ tactic/bug. Its flawed on all HQs.
* [BUG] The error message "you are not in this faction and may not pass through" comes on all 1,2,3,4 floors even though the secret passage is on floor 0. [Crusaders of virtue]
* The leading boards should be easily accessible on all factions. (ie. guardian legion)
* Make sure the colors of the faction HQs work with the faction theme of the faction.
Devs dont know which three factions there will be? Time to find out! Design the HQs _after_ you decided which factions there will be. (adopt the existing themes on prod shards)

* The new scoring system, please keep the scores down to earth. People running around with thousands (and soon millions) of points is no good.
And minus points, que? If I get busy rl with work and master studies and only play 1 hour a week I end up with minus points and title "Deserter"?
* Faction donation - Good rewards for joining faction. If you take away the bonus myself and other will have to rebuild suits causing LOTS of pain (and/or innactive accs).
* The current faction rewards on prod shard with its bonuses open for the casual player to participate in faction, those who dont play 24/7.

[Suggestion] The leader boards all-factions could be displayed one and only one place i.e a town.
This means more to fight over as people frequently visit the boards to see their score.

Its good the new faction system is on Test Center only, it means it can be changed/fin-tuned before it reaches prod shards.

/Thread. :gun:

A Living Legend

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Far it seems like all anyone does anymore is complain on these forums and its quite annoying. God forbit they change something up to liven up the pvp most of people complaining are the trammies that are afraid there not gonna be able to wear the faction arties in trammel... too bad and the thieves complaining how far it is to run a sigil... funny. Anyone who plays a strictly theif character has no right to complain about anything bc its not like u have anything better to do with ur time. and as for the items u should have to earn em god forbid u cant just kill ur own char in other factions to get rank 10 and where them to go camp navrey night eyes boohoo! if any changes should be made they should work on fixing the guild bug to put characters on same account in diff factions. and make controlling the towns and actually doing the pvp stuff worth it. make items unattainable by ppl who are not gonna be in fel grinding it out banks are cool in the base it beats chilling in luna god forbid u have to PVP... Newbs stop crying..
P.S. Any Guild up to it come to Legends and get laid down

A Living Legend

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a whole lot of crying for ppl that just join factions to kill ur own character to get level ten then wear ur items in fel kill navrey night eyes...

K

Kylas

So Far it seems like all anyone does anymore is complain on these forums and its quite annoying. God forbit they change something up to liven up the pvp most of people complaining are the trammies that are afraid there not gonna be able to wear the faction arties in trammel... too bad and the thieves complaining how far it is to run a sigil... funny. Anyone who plays a strictly theif character has no right to complain about anything bc its not like u have anything better to do with ur time. and as for the items u should have to earn em god forbid u cant just kill ur own char in other factions to get rank 10 and where them to go camp navrey night eyes boohoo! if any changes should be made they should work on fixing the guild bug to put characters on same account in diff factions. and make controlling the towns and actually doing the pvp stuff worth it. make items unattainable by ppl who are not gonna be in fel grinding it out banks are cool in the base it beats chilling in luna god forbid u have to PVP... Newbs stop crying..
P.S. Any Guild up to it come to Legends and get laid down
I read the above posts and didn't see any complaining. I saw valid input from players that actually tested the new design.

The one thing I'd like to know is what happens to the old faction horses with all these changes..? I mean the really old ones.

Dig

W

wee papa smurf

I read the above posts and didn't see any complaining. I saw valid input from players that actually tested the new design.

The one thing I'd like to know is what happens to the old faction horses with all these changes..? I mean the really old ones.
Dig
Save them for a year or two and make yourself 100mill? :lol:

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just worry how the new system gonna bring in participation of new pvpers..

What I see in the system is just the following:-

1. cannot transfer points
2. need go around to stealth or attack people or whatever to get points
3. bigger strongholds to run around

What if I got 20 pvp chars I need to feed? Do you mean i need to log on 20 chars to go around killing people, stealthing to get points or else my armor will drop in bag?

I dont get it. Its not really fun to see my 20 pvp chars needed to reset my armor constantly. It gets annoying and eventually drive people out of the game and use blues.

So meaning after new faction comes in, I would need to reset all my 20 faction chars armor again????

What if the enemies are using blues and not using faction chars? How do i get points??

Wierd wierd... i think its just the same ole system without anything in interest to caught the majority attention anyways..

You probably can maybe get 50% more Felucca population in the first 1-2 months... but after that... i really can see its gonna be like now or even worse..

If there is no auto running events for control towns in faction, faction never will improve. This is just like old days events hosted by GMs/EMs happened in Felucca, you could drive many online players gathering in Felucca. Because they are willing to risk what they will lose to what they can get / see.

This same logic should be applied to faction.

Moreover, 90+% players really are wearing their faction afs happily. I dont see a reason to have them all drop in bag and do it again. Its not even funny to see an armor drop in bag. People are just gonna log off for the day if that happens and this is just reducing participation.

faction afs nowadays are common to a point that there is not neccessary need anymore restrictions at all. This just brings more annoyance to people. People might spend more time crying that their armor dropped in bag than they play PVP actually.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trading points Has to be stopped, or submitted to huge diminishing returns. There are entire tram guilds fed faction artifacts from One player. Some people even buy punkte. Of course this wouldnt be an issue if faction gear couldnt be worn unless you were in fellucca (anywhere on siege of course)

And if you have 20 pvp characters that all need points gear, well, seems like you kinda dug your own grave there. If you took the time to make all of those characters than im sure you can take the time to gear them all.

I like alot of the things about the new proposed system, but agree there shouldnt be a bank (you can buy faction items like bandages as it is already, so the necessities are there) and i just dont get how stealthing should get you points. I can just see 20 people all stealthing around for hours just to get points. Maybe certain actions could only get you to a certain rank.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trading points Has to be stopped, or submitted to huge diminishing returns. There are entire tram guilds fed faction artifacts from One player. Some people even buy punkte. Of course this wouldnt be an issue if faction gear couldnt be worn unless you were in fellucca (anywhere on siege of course)

And if you have 20 pvp characters that all need points gear, well, seems like you kinda dug your own grave there. If you took the time to make all of those characters than im sure you can take the time to gear them all.

I like alot of the things about the new proposed system, but agree there shouldnt be a bank (you can buy faction items like bandages as it is already, so the necessities are there) and i just dont get how stealthing should get you points. I can just see 20 people all stealthing around for hours just to get points. Maybe certain actions could only get you to a certain rank.

I enjoy playing pvp and factions so I have created many different templates for factions since faction have allowed multiple chars per account to join. End up I have over 20 chars playing in the factions nowadays.

Anyways, my point is that faction afs have given me the freedom to customize my armor and weapon and get on the field immediately without much set up.

The point is that, the current faction af I am wearing probably still cannot compete with some people who spend majority of their time customizing or imbuing their sets. However, faction afs did help me reduce my time. As my goal for setting up my pvp suits probably be different than some other people.

say I only require 40 lmc, 65-70 resists on most part, high dci for mage
and 40lmc, 65-70 resists on most part, 45 hci, 45+ dci, 100di for warrior/archers.

So if in your point of view, you're just trying to tell that I shouldn't have 20 chars playing in factions. You're telling me to just customize the majority of my chars armors/items with other goods and not faction afs..

Then again, what's the point of joining faction if you cannot use those faction afs?

Again, this is reducing participation and not really helping.

What would you do if your faction armor drops in bag after you finish customizing your set on last night? Log off or answer the help call in UOAM with your 5x resist across the board or fc 0 fcr 0 (cuz i am assuming the most easy to drop in bag item would be orna + inquistor)?

Moreover, not everyone are good at pvp. They die and lose pts and may not be getting higher rank. Do you mean that we should kick those people out of factions as well? Because they probably cannot get the faction afs either way and they get stat loss every 20mins after battling for 1 minute.

Fun? I don't think so.

This is why I think not many new people will be participating in factions unless there's some changes that could caught the majority attention. You will just see the same group of people battling over and over until it gets bored again.

To improve factions, new content/events must be made. Barrier to the access of faction afs must totally be eliminated. Kill points to be removed. The idea is to encourage everyone in the community to enjoy the new content with affordable and competitive items grading.

EXAMPLE. If EA tomorrow says, faction changes:-

Monday to Saturday (8:00pm-10:00pm local shard time);

-random event will be occuring in each faction's town.
-You will have chance to get UOSA/doom/stealable rares etc.. artifacts (tangle, etc...) for completing the objectives.
-Random reward are given to highest point participants (1person) (in the winning faction; who have completed the objective).
-The winning participatant points will then be resetted.
-Other participants of the winning factions will have their points stored and stack for future events.
-Participants who can begin the objectives are only limited to faction players.
-The faction who controls the town can place faction guards to their aid.

In this case, do you think people will be more willing to come over and try their luck? Do you think players will be getting more involved in guarding and stealing sigils? Because during the events, they will have the benefit to place guards to aid to acheive their objectives easier.

Moreover, you can't have one bad arse pvper using high end suits, whilst the other newbies are carrying trash to fight. This is just discouraging people in the end.

Even further, having armor dropped in bag is just a very bad idea ever implemented.

A repeat system will always fail the interest of people.

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again we have Devs that don't even play the damn game trying to make changes they have no business changing. This will kill the game. Good bye Shards like Siege Perilous or Mugen. They are already dead and losing people faster then they can count. The poor people that play Siege own every account and house created thats worthy of saving.
This is a horrible plan, bigger shards like Pacific will be hit hard too. I pointed this out on Siege forums, How are you going to stat someone in battle when everyone is in the same Faction ??? Only 3 factions? WTF . The bases are way to big too.

On a bigger shard more is better. These changes might work for shard thats a ghost town like Siege where the 3 Big guilds are the only guilds pvping but on a Shard like Great Lakes or Pacific where guilds number what the total population on Siege, it's going to make it Lame and a total FAIL...
EA/UO should not have people that don't play the game make decisions for all of us.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very much against point farming (actually the 2 biggest faction PvP guilds on my shard have full time point farmers supplying them points to wear their armor and to horde points to keep their points low so legit guilds couldnt get a lot of points per kill).

But beef with the whole thing is if they actually makes the change to where people couldnt wear their faction arties this pretty much means breaking ALL faction PvPer's suits.

AND the methods they proposed can be abused ONLY TO THE ONES WHO WITH A LOT OF ACCOUNTS. At least 1 dude I know runs 10 active accounts with a couple of them running anywhere from 5 to 8.

This means for people with 1 or only 2 accounts theres no way we can wear the arties unless you actually went out and kill the enemies. While the zerggy enemy guilds with many accounts (our guild is one of the smallest faction guild) can "setup" a fake heoric battle. e.g. His main account is running on CoM and he fakes 9 SL characters attacking him while he tries to xheal himself on another CoM char (setup a loop here and let it run for awhile). Then he will proceed and kill all 9 of those fake SL chars and pulls off a fake "heoric" battle and gets millions of points because the system thinks he pulled off something really difficult.

Now rinse and repeat for all his guildmates, 5 days later we will be facing a zerg of enemies fully suited up while we are still struggling to fix our broken suits just so we can compete...

I dont see ANY REASON WHY they couldnt do it the easy way. The easiest way to eliminate the issue with trammies wearing faction artifacts for pure PvM is to make faction characters to be attack-able on ALL FACETS by their enemy factions. Another reason is this system USED TO BE in UO. People wanted to get Chaos/Order shields joined Chaos/Order and was instantly attack-able anywhere on server by their enemies. Why couldnt you just put this in? After you make all faction characters freely attacked on all facets then remove the requirements to use faction arties for all faction players. Keep all the stat tracking and the neat little menu you guys made if you want but seriously making faction characters attackable cross facets would be the best way with the whole issue.

Please consider it. Allowing only the biggest subscribers (or the zerg guilds) to abuse the system isnt the way to go nor is it fair in anyway shape or form.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would agree with faction attackable on all facets as well if they freakin remove the stupid rank requirement for faction afs.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would agree with faction attackable on all facets as well if they freakin remove the stupid rank requirement for faction afs.
Thats what I thought too.

Faction in fel will still work the same, trying to capture sigils guarding bases, and everywhere else use the Order/Chaos system. Removed statloss when killed by faction enemies on trammal ruleset facets if DEV see it fits (tho I still prefer statloss everywhere).

Many players liked Order/Chaos system and most order/chaos players now also play faction.

Simply by making faction arties available to ALL faction characters with no silly rank requirement and simply consent them to PvP on all facets just like order/chaos used to be. In this case it's like reviving Order/Chaos system while keeping faction active... and since some players claimed that people do not join faction for items (which means they are in faction PURELY for PvP) no one would mind being attacked anywhere by their faction enemies since that's what THEY ARE LOOKING FOR, PURE PVP and DEFINITELY NOT ITEMS.:thumbup1:

R

ReaperNI

Here are some ponderings ...

i believe what they are trying to do is some how build faction community some how not sure how it is on other shards but if you are in the same faction doesnt matter they will kill you just for fun. by putting all these resource areas in the faction base i guess they want crafters to hang out in there?

Be Nice if 1 same factions members were non attackable. and if they want to support the crafters being in factions maybe have away of being able to lock the doors on crafting areas and maybe give either the option to build special items or give a bonus (sort like how queens soulforge works) when crafting there.

Earlier today i built myself a sampire and i was thinking i wanna be in factions enjoy the artifacts and do both fel and tram hunting. Now alot of people have a problem with non pvp players using arties but lets think about what the creators had in mind for what a faction is a group of people from different skills working together so in that sense my crafter should be able to use a spirit of totem and crystaline ring to carry more goods and recall around. and my sampire should be able to use armor to fight pvm. i currently run 7 chars all in factions 5 pvpers 1 crafter 1 pvmer all enjoy faction life.

OH BTW non matter what they change or anything it is the players that ruin the game poeple will always find ways to exploit cheat and what have you. We make the game what it is

TYR

R

ReaperNI

I dont agree with this at all. not sure on how it is on other shards but on atl its who has the biggest zerg thats all i need is to buy some item and lose it due to 8 stealth archers ganking me this game has wondered to far from its 1 faccet former self (which i played).

As for the arties erase the rank to wear completely.
i had suggested make the former higher rank arties less durable then lower class making the need for silver and maintaining the importance of the faction item. this would also solve point farming as for me and my guild we dont give a rats arse who has the bigger points lol

TYR

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont agree with this at all. not sure on how it is on other shards but on atl its who has the biggest zerg thats all i need is to buy some item and lose it due to 8 stealth archers ganking me this game has wondered to far from its 1 faccet former self (which i played).

As for the arties erase the rank to wear completely.
i had suggested make the former higher rank arties less durable then lower class making the need for silver and maintaining the importance of the faction item. this would also solve point farming as for me and my guild we dont give a rats arse who has the bigger points lol

TYR
Hmm you dont agree because you can get ganked like it NEVER HAPPENS IN FEL? Or you are simply protesting that you do want to play a faction char in PvM (for obvious reasons) but you would prefer to never get attacked... isnt faction for PvP? I am just a little confused.

I mean the safest way to avoid PvP is stay in tram (which you do) and dont enroll into a PvP system (faction/champ spawns/harrys).

Well if you are just saying you want to get PvP faction items for PvM which I understand, but if you arent then I am really confused.

And a previous poster even said "No one would join a PvP system for items only to use in PvM". Weird, was he telling a lie?

R

ReaperNI

Well a big STFU is in order first of all one if you like the faction in all facets you your self must be a in 0 skill zerg guild. Second how you going to say i dont go to fel i rarely even do tram things anymore it bores me. And if you want pvp go out there and flag on someone who gives a **** about is there red green blue orange go fight em stop crying. i have 7 chars all in factions even my crafter so your saying 1 because my guild is faction i cant be in my guild because i have a pvm stupid. two because my sampire cant rock people left and right that i cant go spawning in fel stupid. 3 because im in factions and will suffer stat loss and freely attackable that i cant also enjoy the benefits of being in factions stupid.

Defending myself to this level of idiot hurts my head. HERE A BIG SHOCK TO YOUR WORLD FACTIONS IS NOT STRICTLY PVP 24/7. wether in game lore (which you know nothing about) or in basic play (which you suck at)

NOW that i cleared that up for you stick your thumb up your rear and whistle dixie .TYR (btw i play atl come if you wanna fail gank me)

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well a big STFU is in order first of all one if you like the faction in all facets you your self must be a in 0 skill zerg guild. Second how you going to say i dont go to fel i rarely even do tram things anymore it bores me. And if you want pvp go out there and flag on someone who gives a **** about is there red green blue orange go fight em stop crying. i have 7 chars all in factions even my crafter so your saying 1 because my guild is faction i cant be in my guild because i have a pvm stupid. two because my sampire cant rock people left and right that i cant go spawning in fel stupid. 3 because im in factions and will suffer stat loss and freely attackable that i cant also enjoy the benefits of being in factions stupid.

Defending myself to this level of idiot hurts my head. HERE A BIG SHOCK TO YOUR WORLD FACTIONS IS NOT STRICTLY PVP 24/7. wether in game lore (which you know nothing about) or in basic play (which you suck at)

NOW that i cleared that up for you stick your thumb up your rear and whistle dixie .TYR (btw i play atl come if you wanna fail gank me)
Wow Kiddie strikes again...

So you are saying...
1. You are exploiting the system because you have faction characters that you never want to PvP.

2. Your excuse of because your guild is in faction blah blah blah blah, 25k gold is too much for you to create a new guild for your PURE TRAMMIE NO WANNA PVP characters.... I guess since 25k gold is too much no wonder why able to exploit this system is so important to you.

3. Atl is a joke zerggy shard, and if you dont wanna get owned on your homeland trammel just dont join faction (why is it so hard?) Dont join faction and stay on your homeland 23/7 you will be ok.

4. You ARE abusing the system which is what caused this revamp.

5. People like you are not in minority and is ABUSING/EXPLOITING this system for items and by hiding on your homeland trammel you can get all the benefits yet zero disadvantages.

6. Your kind is what caused this revamp btw.

7. Yes, you ARE abusing the system.

R

ReaperNI

One your an idiot. The revamp i would image is becuase point have gotten away from those that creat the game and my lil sampire running around with 1k points isnt the problem. Now my bush dexxor that has 850000 points on him is a problem. how the heck did i get all these points? not by wading through hordes of enemies but by killing point farmers. Point farmers for which ever reason (pissing contest) work the points up by killing there friends and going back and forth until they get what they would like in points lets say 1 million. now when that idiot goes out he gets killed by some guy that had maybe 30 points now hes walking around with some where in range of 200k-300k points with town and opposing faction bonuses. thous the point spread through out and ruin the system. When my guild join rank 10 was 10 points now its over 1k. i dont want the point i dont care if someone that been avoiding life for the past 10 years is better then me. the reason why the guild went faction in the first place was to level the playing feild when we were in fel. so find some where eles to put your finger (again up your rear) when you wanna say whos to blame.

It seems your stupidity knows no bounds. if your that worried about afk kill people then heres a idea use the system. what system is that you say? how bout looking into what the game has already put into affect and has been for a long time Warring guilds. Stat loss and no guards is across all facets. so get you and your umm zero friends and war another guild.

Third now im sure your lil mind is already way past its limits but i continue. no matter what people are going to cheat. uo is what you make it. if they erased rank on items it would cut 50% of the people that horde points for either to get items or to raise rank so high not to let other get them.

Your a clown you have no idea what your talking about im sure on whatever dead shard your playing on your the sharpest bowling ball but atleast be quiet.

TYR Btw no sure where your from but here on earth days last 24 hours as to your 23/7

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww so pissed kiddies thesedays. Sorry looks like I hit you right on your soft spot.

Hehe fine fine you want to be able to exploit the system but don't want to admit. I see, good job? Lol

Paps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warultima,,,,you dont have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Reaper spends 90%+ of his time in Fel.
Yes he is making a sampire,,,why
to do Fel spawns with.
So if thats your definition of `exploiting the system` well then you
are just the average ****** that is known for posting on stratics.

To spell it out for you what he mentioned earlier is that people on atl would camp luna on stealthers and gank people right as they make purchases before they would have the chance to insure the item they just bought,not that ganking alone is the problem.But apparently that concept[that he mentioned] is beyond your line of thinking.

Now please.Until you actually know what you speak of,,,,dont speak.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to do Fel spawns with.

To spell it out for you what he mentioned earlier is that people on atl would camp luna on stealthers and gank people right as they make purchases before they would have the chance to insure the item they just bought,not that ganking alone is the problem.But apparently that concept[that he mentioned] is beyond your line of thinking.

So you have no clue what you are talking about. No wonder people say Atl has bad PvP and nothing but zerglings.

So he made a sampire to so spawn in fel which requires him joining faction... yes he wants to be able to use all the items and turn PvP off the second he flee to Trammel where you guys are from this I also understand.

Show me where DEV said it requires you to join faction to do a champion spawn. Dont tell me you guys are Heat/Hot zerglings (which I dont think so).

My guild is by far the smallest pure faction PvP guild and I dont mind little challenge. If you are skeered like a little girl when you bank why dont you choose a less populated bank? This "so skerred of getting ganked" excuses doesnt justify the fact you are exploiting the system. There are at least 20 banks in UO you can easily recall you and you will probably not see a soul for month when you bank.

Until you can hang with real PvPers and dont have to flee back to home (trammel) and bank sit with your shinny faction arty in godmode, then talk about faction PvP. Until then, dont speak.

Edit: sorry for hitting your friend right in his soft spot QQ

R

ReaperNI

Not Only did you fail to make a point but now everyone who read your post is now less smart for having done so. may god have mercy on your soul.

I think we are going to rap this one up with you cant fight stupid. TYR

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not Only did you fail to make a point but now everyone who read your post is now less smart for having done so. may god have mercy on your soul.

I think we are going to rap this one up with you cant fight stupid. TYR
Hypocrite - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Example - Insulting someone and calling them stupid, while simultaneously using the incorrect form of the word 'wrap'.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hypocrite - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Example - Insulting someone and calling them stupid, while simultaneously using the incorrect form of the word 'wrap'.
I am used to dealing with kids. Dont worry. Seems like when they have no valid points and wants to defend something that they want they are willing to say anything, personal attacks, RL insults ect. But forgive them, given that UO is such an old game but evidently we do have bouncha of 12-yr olds playing (or that how it feels like).

I really dont care tho, I gave my suggestions, they offer nothing constructive but "ME NO WANNA GET NO GANKED WHEN ME BANKSIT"

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I loged in with about 3000 points. after having an enemy factioner punch me for 1 damage about 20 times i was down 1000.

Paps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to do Fel spawns with.

Try reading it this time.
See you all in another 4 months.

R

rayvowrath

to do Fel spawns with.

Try reading it this time.
See you all in another 4 months.
FAIL!

K

Kim Li of LS

*note that i do NOT pvp at all much less faction*-or use fac artys-
Ive been thinking about all the people complaining about people using faction artys in tram. I say instead of fac artys being useless in tram make them function without the faction bonus.(as regular artys)They would still be easyer to get, but not let factions have better mods than regular players in tram.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

*note that i do NOT pvp at all much less faction*-or use fac artys-
Ive been thinking about all the people complaining about people using faction artys in tram. I say instead of fac artys being useless in tram make them function without the faction bonus.(as regular artys)They would still be easyer to get, but not let factions have better mods than regular players in tram.
Why not? Most factioneers spend most of their time in Tram. You are not being sensitive to their feelings. Sensitivity counseling, now!

P

Phantom II

I totally agree with Faction characters should be attackable in all facets. Think about it like this for a moment. I'm sure that everyone knows resources are more abundant in Felucca. If you want to reap the rewards of those resources then you have to take the risk of being killed by another player. I personally think it should be the same with the faction artifacts. If you want to reap the benefits of having those faction items and wearing them in other facets other than felucca, then you should have to face the risk of getting attacked in all facets. This point can be debated all day long really, but thats just how I look at it, and apparently when the devs upped the resources in Felucca, apparently thats what they had in mind to. Bottom line is risk vs reward. Choose your path its that simple.

Phantom

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really like any of the proposed changes to the faction system, namely i don't like the reduction in number of factions, i don't like larger bases, i don't like the idea of getting points through stealthing and stealing sigils. The only thing i really think needs changing in factions is that we need more factions and sort out the points system (it was fine before they introduced the doubling of points in towns etc) ok you'll still get people who farm points but i think no matter what points system is introduced you'll always get people exploiting it in some way. The point mules wasn't exactly a huge problem before.

I think you should allow faction fighting in trammel to stop people from just joining for the artis, that way, even if they do earn their points by illegitimate means they'll still pay the consequences.

However one thing has been overlooked, a lot of people who faction fight have only been able to do it in fel for a long time, so it's been almost a necessity to turn red, if they allow faction fighting in trammel, they should also allow reds to go to trammel (I'm obviously not saying that i think you should be allowed to attack anyone not in factions)

At the moment, i have one fully trained blue factioner that i don't use, just waiting for the faction fighting in trammel to begin because i just know us poor reds will be overlooked and left out of the action.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't call it a necessity to go red. Not when half the real faction fights (Yew gate and spawn PvP with a faction tag doesnt count...) happen inside a town. Theres 1 point imaginable to going red in a faction, and that is to kill the enemy when they decide to use your own tag against you. Otherwise, you only handicap yourself by being red in factions. Reds don't belong there. At one point they weren't even allowed in the factions....

R

Rated

Actually if I recall correctly, Reds have always been allowed in factions, and in the beginning they even offered the Faction Reprieve where any red character would instantly go blue for joining factions. The main reason for being a red in factions is to kill the pesky blues who are non faction that feel the need to jump into faction fights.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly. Most blue interference Ive ever dealt with from people with my own faction tag.

and I meant reds weren't allowed because they would go blue upon joining. I think 1 murder would send you back to your previous count.

Still, I don't see reds being necessary enough in factions to have to offer them any means to go to Tram. Fights in the Tram facet would be mostly for fun, and to help stop leeches on the system. Wont have to worry about blue interference there, assuming all bene act restrictions is reapplied.

K

Kylas

I wouldn't call it a necessity to go red. Not when half the real faction fights (Yew gate and spawn PvP with a faction tag doesnt count...) happen inside a town. Theres 1 point imaginable to going red in a faction, and that is to kill the enemy when they decide to use your own tag against you. Otherwise, you only handicap yourself by being red in factions. Reds don't belong there. At one point they weren't even allowed in the factions....
Red's provide a critical function in factions (Or they did back when I played). That was to kill spies.

We always had a non stop stream of spies whose purpose was to get in the way of your defense or tear down your blockades.

Reds worked great for cleaning up that problem.

Dig

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you're missing the point about factions being in fel for so long, for those who want to pvp, fel is the place to be, so why not go red.... now with faction fighting moving to trammel, we'll have to decide on killing blues in fel, or killing blues in tram, i'm lucky enough to have a spare character slot for a blue, but many people have only reds as in the past for pvp there has been no reason to go to trammel.

I'm also lucky enough to be the leader of a fel guild and have access to all the 120 scrolls i desire, however, many people will find it expensive to create a blue character to pvp in trammel with.

Sincerely Mervyn