• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Mystery Of Tyrant

G

I too was wondering who this could be then while I was unpacking my xmass 2000 bells that I had transfered in with me there was a name upon a bell- Tyrant

xmass 2000 was special for me it was my 1st year in UO i had come to the game before there were any houses in Trammel many months had past then that december we got our gifts thouse bells were making sounds every where it was great.

I knew when I read that name that it was something about it then I saw the bell.

although I cant prove it, the amount of real estate and most are forts and most have nothing in them looks to be an atempt to lower overall shard lag.

And at Luna the shrine commemorating the 10th aniversary that gives us all free petals from the rose of trinsic has the signature of one who has a deep conection to this world.

My final observation is the names of the houses and there location simple and classic just like the art style of UO.

It said Origin is a shard that you were most likely to play side by side with a dev
and if that is your name on my bell I just wanted to send you a cheery

Hail! and well met!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I honestly don't think it's the same Tyrant.

Just a few run-in's I've witnessed leads me to beleive that.

One was a house fall in Tokuno, Tyrant placed and looted all the items. The owner of the fallen house managed to get in contact with Tyrant and all he wanted was his soulstones back, an item worthless to anyone but the owner...and Tyrant made him PAY to get them back.....kind of low-ball if you ask me.

Another was during the Magincia invasion...another house owned by Tyrant sits on the Magincia Beach Trammel, once open to the public, once the invasion started the house was changed to private and renamed KEEP OUT.

A person with such vile attitude I would HOPE wasn't a prior Dev team member, that and he owns at LEAST 3 full runebooks of houses that all remain empty save the two in Luna.

G

LOL i wouldnt be surprized you know a couple of the devs were Dread Lords
and Pks in there former UO lives.

The 10 aniversery Shrine he built looks pretty thoughtfull and all the roses of trinsic are set to public.
Im still curious.

G

Unless someone (preferrably Tyrant him/herself) can prove otherwise I remain convinced there's at least 2 Tyrants, one a former dev, the other the house hoarder.

The latter has NOT proven to be a social creature AT ALL, so I'd suspect the shrine to be a product of either a 3rd Tyrant *or* the former dev...

Just my € 0.02

G

Maby we Should all change our names to Tyrant imagine the posibilities!
not to mention a great shard theme

G

Larisa and I are in the same camp on this one. That's all I'm saying about Tyrant the plot hoarder.

G

Maybe we can convince EA/Origin to rename the shard to Tyrant...