• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The mystery of the "short stool" reveiled.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
many many months ago a funny item started to show up, the short stool. first on venders and then at the local raresfests. these items were being sold for 20+ million apiece. and as far as i know . no one ever stepped up to reveil how these were obtained. only a small blurb from the dev team saying they were readily obtainable if you knew where to look. well folks the cat is out of the bag.

please regard these as a obtainable legitimate item.as well as others you will find out about as you read this.

here is the steps needed to obtain said stool.

step 1. goto gareth and start the humility cloak quest chain.

step 2. finish the chain up to the point where you get the brass ring and the cloak.

step 3. trade the ring and follow the quest just as if you wanted to complete the quest up until you get the desired item from one of the npcs.

step 4. very important. once you get the item you want..say the short stool goto your quest menu, cancel the quest. when prompted it will give you 3 options. you MUST select the option to quit the entire quest chain. if you just quit the quest the item and the cloak will just dissapear. if you quit the entire chain the cloak will dissapear but the item will lose the blessed and quest item tages and remain in your pack...congrats on your new short stool.

please be warned there are drawbacks of this.

once you quit this quest you will not be able to complete it again. its a 1 time per charicter thing and you wont be able to do the humility quest to get the cloak for that charicter. you will be able to do the quest up until you get the brass ring and cloak but you will not be able to talk to any of the 7 npcs again.so no infinite stools for you.

total cost to get stool : 225k gold (75k gold for each the crook,sash and book).

and of course you dont need to take the stool. you can keep any of the trade items from the quest like the village cauldron, freindship mug,brass rine, workmans gloves ect..

There you go everyone , mystery solved.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow awesome, i used to quit just the part of the quest and it disappeared, sucks i was that close to getting it :p

S

shulginist

I still find it odd half the time i see the stools I see skull mugs on same vendor. Maybe there are multiple ways to get it. Anyway thanks for the info.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Yanaki for sharing that information with the community. It is really awesome that you chose to share it with others and I hope others will follow this path as well in the future.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah yes! sorry! been away for abit!, didnt even know about a short stool lmfao, thought thats what ya were talkin about....anyway! i dont know wtf im talkin about! lol