• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the mystery of the "Book of Lore"!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so we have here "2 book of lore" (on the left) one is Full and one is Empty!
If you put the mouse on the books we have the same description (on the right).

the only way to know its empty is "double click on it" and see this:

the only way to know if there are at last one page = None
the only way to know if the book is full = None

Congratulations!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The book should take on the title of the story, so Alchemist's Abomination Book of Lore for this one... They might also want to think about a different hue for each event arc.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The book should take on the title of the story, so Alchemist's Abomination Book of Lore for this one... They might also want to think about a different hue for each event arc.
I take it that you reject the theory that one day the book will contain all lore, the sum of all Sosarian knowledge, and thusly will eclipse the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Maybe when it has all 12 pages the name will change?? That would have been a good question to ask at the Dev M&G we had Monday on Napa! I have only the one book locked down at my home, with the two pages it has so far. I could see no reason to lock any of the others down and threw them in a chest.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can put the pages in the book from Deceit. It also has the same title but of the three added. So unless you use that one, you will not have all the lore pages.

You shoulda bought one. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From Deceit? I think I'm missing something
The first dynamic spawn was in deceit and it had a book of lore that you could buy for 20 points.

Amazing all the content they put out and posters complain the devs don't do anything. When those same posters probably don't play. "Not guided toward Laura"

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe when it has all 12 pages the name will change?? That would have been a good question to ask at the Dev M&G we had Monday on Napa! I have only the one book locked down at my home, with the two pages it has so far. I could see no reason to lock any of the others down and threw them in a chest.
All 12 pages? I got a page 13! Screenshot (318).png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That sounds like the last page. It describes the bottom floor of the sparkle area.

Anyone have pics of each page?

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Parnoc

If you have already a full book of lore with all pages - would it be a great problem to post all the pages with pics here (screenshots)? This would be very kind for all the ones who are also willing to collect them :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have the book full and the pic is on the first post
the name is the same, whether the book is full or empty, 1 page or 2, looks always the same.
so it is possible to scam someone easily

That sounds like the last page. It describes the bottom floor of the sparkle area.

Anyone have pics of each page?
i'll try to put all the pages

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My main issue with the pages are typos. For some reason I have seen pages which have the wrong author or other issues. There is no way to really check the full page before putting it into a book and there is no way to remove a faulty page once you have put it in. Thankfully the author name at least shows up in the tooltip of the page, so I was able to avoid buying the one which did not have Sherry the Mouse listed as the author (It was a page 11, but most other 11's I found had the right author as Sherry). I'm not sure how the same exact pages could end up being different, but I would have been quite annoyed if I hadn't noticed and been stuck with it in a book with other pages.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The story is pretty cool in that they kind of looped in much of the new "stuff" from the past few months (like gold/silver soulstones etc).

For anyone who has added the page from "of the three" to the book, does it come before or after the abomination story (assuming it isn't in the middle)??

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The story is pretty cool in that they kind of looped in much of the new "stuff" from the past few months (like gold/silver soulstones etc).

For anyone who has added the page from "of the three" to the book, does it come before or after the abomination story (assuming it isn't in the middle)??
Of the Three is page 0

(I didn't add any of the pages to it, because I had already started adding them to the Book of Lore)
but this is what it says when you open it up.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of the Three is page 0

(I didn't add any of the pages to it, because I had already started adding them to the Book of Lore)
but this is what it says when you open it up.
True! :) i'll put all pages in another thread, maybe it can be usefull

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How is the drop rate for the pages?

I have only invested a few hours here and there and brought the spawn to those pesky Elders and Priests but so far no page drop.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so we have here "2 book of lore" (on the left) one is Full and one is Empty!
If you put the mouse on the books we have the same description (on the right).

the only way to know its empty is "double click on it" and see this:

the only way to know if there are at last one page = None
the only way to know if the book is full = None

Congratulations!
LMAO And how do you tell how many runes are in a rune book without opening it and why do you need 2 lore books at the same time. Just another thing for you to pancake about when it comes to UO.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still no FIX
Now we have the 2nd book from wildfire event with same name and same issue.

But how long does it take for a simple fix like this? a good programmer could fix this problem since, 10 min? :wall:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try locking them down somewhere. Both my books are locked on a table for people to read and both now have the information.
book1.jpg book2.jpg

Last edited: