• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] The Mystery Crash

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I've just about had it with this crash. It seems to happen without warning, and once it starts happening, it keeps happening.

This is the one where the client just quits with no crash report or anything. DEVs isn't there a way to have a debug log or something that we can send in? Something is happening, there doesn't seem to be any memory or CPU spike before it happens.

What's the best way to track this thing so we can get it fixed?

This morning, it happened at least 5 times before my morning hunt with my team, and I had to switch back to the KR client. It's the most frustrating aspect of the client for me as I can never predict when it's going to happen. The client was very stable last night for me during the Luna invasion. Today, even after a reboot of my system, I'm crashing while standing in my house doing nothing. . . It just doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, rant over. . .help!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me, KR crashed much more, but at least I would sometimes get a warning and but report window.
SA just crashes with nothing mentioned. But SA crashes less for me.
It's still annoying.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well at least in KR, I could predict the crashes. For example, I know that looting my body in a heavy spawn area will crash my client everytime, so I make sure to hide or invis before I do it so I can have time to log back in without dying again.

In the "Enhanced" client, it just quits and I can't seem to find a definite pattern

Mr. Teng, anything we can do here on our end to help track this?

T

TheGrayGhost

Yeah there really is no warning with this crash. It has happended to me while standing still in my house. In Luna. Casting a moongate. Going through a moongate. At the champ spawn. In Dungeons. A lot durring the luna invasion. It seems to be utterly random. No CPU usage spikes, and aside from the Luna Invasion it has only happened a few times with each of the scenarios I posted above and not in any way I've been able to duplicate. I could do everything the exact same way as when I crashed and nada, it works fine.

There seems to be absolutely no method to the madness on this one lol. Crash doesn't seem to happen the same way twice. No warning flags of any kind seem to be present.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you crash when looting your corpse, you're better off having a "dress up" macro. You won't crash if you dress up and THEN loot your corpse.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, just insta dress yourself when you get rezed and then you're protected somewhat, and you will regen some by the time you find your body.

C

Chrissay_

I've forwarded this on to QA to further investigate this issue. If there is any additional information (no matter how insignificant) please update it in this thread.

Supreem

Founder, Citadel Studios
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have alot of crash fixes incoming in the next patch. Let me know if you are still experiencing this after you patch.

Also, even though you don't get any information about the crash, a crash report is sent to the server for our debugging purposes.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK - good to know Thanks Chrissay and Supreem for updating us on this. I'll be testing in the morning.

C

Chrissay_

the new patch is up for the client so the next time you patch if it's still happening please update here

T

TheGrayGhost

the new patch is up for the client so the next time you patch if it's still happening please update here
With this patch was there a fix to the turbo heatsink mobs as well? Occasionally I would come across a lizardman, Fan Dancer, Ronin or w/e that would be moving at light speed and even if I had run many many screens away it would eventually catch up to me if I stopped thinking it was gone.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've added the superhero "The Flash" to the game.
He runs up to me in lightning speed too.

P

Phineas le Monge

Announcing the new Doom Artifact "Draconi's Transwarp Speed Cloak" - allows wearer to outrun mobs traveling at warp speed - not available in PVP - item is not blessed on Seige or Mugen - coming soon to an outrageously priced Luna Vendor near you - all sales are final ;)