• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Armor The most uber PvM archer suit anywhere

Raúl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi. I'm quitting UO and thought somebody else should benefit from this suit. I made it myself and it is the culmination of months of effort. I cannot see how any PvM archer suit could be better, but see for yourselves.

upload_2015-1-14_18-26-53.png

The suit does not rely on pots, as I hate them, and the suit will give you 150STR, 150HP, 150DEX, 211STAM, 35INT, 103MANA without needing any pots or any buffs at all. It also gives you 60SSI, 45HCI, 55LMC and 100DI, with the bow equipped - I will be including a full set of bows, as well as the base reforged bows for you to make many more if you wish, as the bows needed to complete this suit are obviously quite specific.

The suit is refined for extra resists, and has the following resists when in wraith form with protection on:

Phys 75
Fire 75
Cold 75
Poison 70
Energy 80

Poison resist could be 75 if you want to keep trying invulnerability refinements until you get lucky with the fifth mod, but I never needed it (there are not many direct damage poison attacks in the game, and poison resist does not come into play against 'being poisoned')

Having the extra resists to allow you to run with protection on means that you can cast curse weapon, or other life saving spells, without the risk of getting interrupted, if you have the requisite skills.

The extra refined resists are at the expense of DCI, which is 0 on this suit as it is (imho) completely unnecessary in PvM (this is the only reason this is listed as a PvM suit, apart from the wraith form bias).

In wraith form with some spirit speak you will never run out of mana in this suit, and I can and have beaten everything in the game with my archer using this suit.

The suit includes the following artifacts:
Despicable quiver (fire)
Crimson Cincture
Soldier's Medal
Lieutenant of the Britannia Royal Guard
Mythical Detective of the Royal Guard
The Most Knowledge Person

The rest of the pieces are either crafted studded leather (reforged, imbued, then enhanced) or (in the case of two legendary artifact pieces) looted and then enhanced.

9 fully made bows will come with the suit, all for specific purposes/slayers, as well as about a dozen bows ready to imbue with whatever you find you need over time, all ready to match the suit completely.

I am leaving the game, but I will only accept a very serious amount of money for this suit. I have never seen another one like it and I know how awesome it is in use. I will accept various forms of payment, if you get my drift, so let me know what you offer, either by PM or in this thread.

Thanks for looking.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it would be best to post the pieces, id also be interested in how much mana regen. im assuming 2 10ssi jewels?

Very impressive stats. by far best ive seen on stratics lately. I use 60 ssi 150stam base (with 30ish stam buffer) for my pvm suits, but even with EP my stats obviously arent that high.

I personally like EP on pvm suits, but i generally only use archer suits for short, high damage taken events. I agree on a daily pvm suit its almost essential not to be weighted down by them.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please include skills/template and piece by piece information for uniquely crafted items.

Raúl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for all your replies
The suit has 13 stamina regen, which is obviously very useful.
It has 5 mana regen but you don't need it in wraith form with spirit speak (but I should have mentioned it.)
I believe EP would be pretty much useless as stats are all maxed (you going to use explo pots in pvm when you can hit for 243 every 1.25 seconds with your bow? Or heal pots when you have much better heal options available?) DCI is refined away in favour of over cap resists so not an accident or a weakness in the suit. If you miss dci on a pvm archer then IMHO you are not playing it very well. I will try to get screen shots and individual part descriptions up when I am back home.

My skills:

Archery 120
Anatomy 120
Tactics 110 +10 from tali
Necro 40
Chivalry 120
Bushido 120
Spirit Speak 90

Bows are all 40 SSI and 55 DI and 5HCI (reforged for SSI and enhanced for the other two mods).

To break it down:
This suit/template will ALWAYS do the maximum possible damage to anything in the game, assuming you use it correctly. This is because of 150STR, 120 anat, 120 tactics, 100DI, max bushido perfection, max DI from EOO with 120 chiv and the 211 stamina/60SSI giving 1.25seconds per shot. Archer with 210+ stamina is the ONLY template that can do this.

You will also be able to chain armour ignores longer than anyone else because of the 103 mana, 55LMC and wraith form leeching (seriously? mana regen? give me a break)

You will also take less damage than anybody else if you do get hit because of the overcapped resists.

You do not need DCI because you keep your distance from all non-magic mobs and magic attacks aren't blocked by DCI anyway.

If you do get hit then you tap your curse weapon macro and for 27 seconds you leech 50% of your damage back as life EVERY hit (i.e. massively more effective than any other form of life leech) You are always doing max damage so your 50% life leech means you virtually always leech over 100 hit points per hit, i.e. every 1.25 seconds!

I have used this suit/template extensively while hunting with my guild, which is one of the most active PvM guilds on Europa, and nobody else can get close to it for damage output. I also never died in the whole time I used it (well, maybe once but I was afk!)

Put simply, for PvM there is no beating it. (By the way, for anybody who doesn't believe DCI should be refined away, please either trust me or go and look at the game mechanics in detail to calculate the difference - I have).

Thanks again, and I'll try to post those individual screenies later.

Last edited:

The Turk

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
PM me please, and looking forward see the pieces,i think we can work something out

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am interested to know what it sells for, if people are looking for these type of suits my buddy said he can make suits just like it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its really a nice suit if you do serious pvm. myself, i dont anymore. its not the type of suit needed right now for events and thats pretty much all the pvm i do now.

it would be nice to see more amazing pvm stuff on these forums. Obviously, for most UOers EP is a wasted mod for long pvm sessions. Ive come up with some really nice setups myself with the new gear that blow standard sampire suits / archer suits out of the water.

My current 211 stam suit i use for both pvp and event pvm, but also has damage eater and hpr that can save you on a boss and get you the drop worth 100s of mils. This ones more for damage output, i would be very interested if events were still top damager.

Raúl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
its really a nice suit if you do serious pvm. myself, i dont anymore. its not the type of suit needed right now for events and thats pretty much all the pvm i do now.

it would be nice to see more amazing pvm stuff on these forums. Obviously, for most UOers EP is a wasted mod for long pvm sessions. Ive come up with some really nice setups myself with the new gear that blow standard sampire suits / archer suits out of the water.

My current 211 stam suit i use for both pvp and event pvm, but also has damage eater and hpr that can save you on a boss and get you the drop worth 100s of mils. This ones more for damage output, i would be very interested if events were still top damager.
Thanks Smoot. I agree it would be nice to have eaters as well, but I have to say that having 150 hit points and using curse weapon will save your life far more often than damage eater will if you hit for max damage at max speed. Personally I would gladly put this suit up against any other at an event.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all your replies
The suit has 13 stamina regen, which is obviously very useful.
It has 5 mana regen but you don't need it in wraith form with spirit speak (but I should have mentioned it.)
I believe EP would be pretty much useless as stats are all maxed (you going to use explo pots in pvm when you can hit for 243 every 1.25 seconds with your bow? Or heal pots when you have much better heal options available?) DCI is refined away in favour of over cap resists so not an accident or a weakness in the suit. If you miss dci on a pvm archer then IMHO you are not playing it very well. I will try to get screen shots and individual part descriptions up when I am back home.

My skills:

Archery 120
Anatomy 120
Tactics 110 +10 from tali
Necro 40
Chivalry 120
Bushido 120
Spirit Speak 90

Bows are all 40 SSI and 55 DI and 5HCI (reforged for SSI and enhanced for the other two mods).

To break it down:
This suit/template will ALWAYS do the maximum possible damage to anything in the game, assuming you use it correctly. This is because of 150STR, 120 anat, 120 tactics, 100DI, max bushido perfection, max DI from EOO with 120 chiv and the 211 stamina/60SSI giving 1.25seconds per shot. Archer with 210+ stamina is the ONLY template that can do this.

You will also be able to chain armour ignores longer than anyone else because of the 103 mana, 55LMC and wraith form leeching (seriously? mana regen? give me a break)

You will also take less damage than anybody else if you do get hit because of the overcapped resists.

You do not need DCI because you keep your distance from all non-magic mobs and magic attacks aren't blocked by DCI anyway.

If you do get hit then you tap your curse weapon macro and for 27 seconds you leech 50% of your damage back as life EVERY hit (i.e. massively more effective than any other form of life leech) You are always doing max damage so your 50% life leech means you virtually always leech over 100 hit points per hit, i.e. every 1.25 seconds!

I have used this suit/template extensively while hunting with my guild, which is one of the most active PvM guilds on Europa, and nobody else can get close to it for damage output. I also never died in the whole time I used it (well, maybe once but I was afk!)

Put simply, for PvM there is no beating it. (By the way, for anybody who doesn't believe DCI should be refined away, please either trust me or go and look at the game mechanics in detail to calculate the difference - I have).

Thanks again, and I'll try to post those individual screenies later.
Very nice suit but SoulWeaver is correct in pointing out it has some fairly serious flaws.

You simply cant say the suit cannot get any better and call it the most uber suit ever when it has zero dci.
I understand your explanation but it just doesn't work for me. You say you don't need dci because you don't get physically hit but even the most careful and skilled archer will still get hit occasionally and assuming you spent the time on that suit to hunt tough creatures those hits will be big.
But even more odd is that you say you built the suit with no dci because you don't get hit yet you maxxed out your physical resist? Huh?
You said the lack of dci was due to the extra resists you added yet you need zero physical if you say you don't get hit right?
And I don't understand how you can try to say it doesn't need mana regen while at the same time you say the stam regen is useful. That also doesn't add up.

But bottom line is that imo if you have to explain to the majority of players how and why your item or suit is useful it is a bit fishy.
I pvm quite a lot and understand suits and templates very well and this is a nice but very specific suit that is by far not the most uber out there.
It is 2 nice arties and 4 basic imbued pieces. How nice or special are the jewels?

Last edited:

Raúl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Reserve or start price would be around the 750mill mark. This is not a lot more than the cost of the suit so not in any way over-priced.

Worker Bee thanks - you have got it right, mate. I guess that is why nobody has posted screenies of their 'better' suit while criticising this one!

Goldberg-Chessy - I appreciate your comments but, with the greatest of respect, you seem to have misunderstood some key points. Archers obviously get hit much less often than melee fighters if played correctly, but the template and suit are set up to be tougher against hits than any other template and suit combo anyway. The point being that if you don't get hit, this is the suit to have, and if you do get hit.... this is the suit to have!

Firstly, you seem to have missed the point that the 0 DCI was a choice not a mistake, and the suit has overcapped resists instead. If you calculate the probability of getting hit with 45 DCI versus the probability of getting hit with 0 DCI and then work out the damage each hit with 70 resist against the damage with 75 resist, you will soon see that the refinement to 75 resist is well worth the effort (caveat - not necessarily true for pvp). Then, of course, you've got the issue of any magic attack at all, where DCI is irrelevant but higher resists are great. If you then factor in the use of curse weapon for leeching 50% of your damage back as life every hit then there is not a lot that can kill you, even in melee.

Take Corgul, for example.... when I do the spawn for Corgul I obviously move away a little and aim to hit it from a distance but, when I'm feeling lazy, or when I get caught out, I just stand there, hit curse weapon, and melee the sh!t3 out of them. I don't come anywhere close to dying, even with a massive gank on me, because I am hitting stuff for 245 damage and leeching virtually full health every 1.25 seconds. THAT is where the stamina regen comes in. Leeching stamina on the weapon is all good, but you might want to have the odd bow that has slayer, DI, SSI, mana leech, HLD, or something similar, so having stamina regen on your suit means that in the half a tick between getting hit and shooting your next arrow your stamina is back above the crucial 210 mark (if it ever drops below) and your next shot is not delayed.

Mana regen, on the other hand, is totally bloody pointless when you are in wraith form with hit mana leech on your bow doing max damage, because you are leeching 20% of your damage every hit from wraith form and sp spk regardless of any hit mana leech property on your bow (20% of 245 = 49 mana every 1.25 seconds). On the other hand even with 60 mana regen you are only gaining 1.3 mana per second which will be useful for another AI in, what, 14 seconds??? The fight is over by then!

In any case, there is no way of beating this suit for damage output, no way of beating it for defence (seriously, do the maths) and no way of healing faster or more effectively. I'm not saying use it for PvP ganks, or even for every PvM situation in the game, but for what it is for, it is the best that you can get - or someone post some screenies of something better!

Last edited:

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bringing this old thread back up, I know the suit is long been sold. But I was interested in making one for myself and have been stumped on the bows and mods. Can anyone help me fill in the blanks. I see he said reforged for 40ssi, and enhanced for di and hci, but no wood type will give both those bonuses.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bringing this old thread back up, I know the suit is long been sold. But I was interested in making one for myself and have been stumped on the bows and mods. Can anyone help me fill in the blanks. I see he said reforged for 40ssi, and enhanced for di and hci, but no wood type will give both those bonuses.
Yew

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks Leet. Happen to k ow what mods or type of bow would be used?