• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The most embarrassing customer service?

• Thread starter Kratos Aurion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kratos Aurion

So I went to UOgamecodes again this month to buy the new soulstone/character/house upgrade code. I know going directly to the site, it wont authenticate my acc name. So I use the little trick going through the old uo site, then to UOG, then fill out the purchase information etc..

I get the order confirmation...no email. *4th time this has happened to me*

No its not going to my ignore folder/junk mail etc.. Their EA acc is on my friends list. So its either the EA server or the hotmail server dropping it.

So I send a help request to get it back (with the order confirmation)..

this is what they ask for..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

In order to assist you with this issue we will need some information from you, please provide us the following information:

- Last 8 digits of the credit card used to pay for the order:
- Account name used for making the order:
- Last 8 digits of the credit card listed on the account:

I look forward to your reply.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.. I authenticate the UOG site with my account. I give them the order confirmation code which identifies all the information theyre asking for. Why do they insist on asking for the same information twice?

All im asking for is for them to resend the information to my email account. Its not rocket science.

G

I think they are just trying to protect both themselves and the person that ordred the code. In this day of phishing they want to make sure the person who ordered the code is the person that gets it. Funny though they now ask for the last 8 digits. It only use to be the last 4. Suppose you were using a different CC to buy the upgrade code than is on the acct? Someone could be buying it for you as a gift. The two being the same really shouldn't be important in my way of thinking.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Could be ... they'rr asking for that information ... again ... so that they can trace, their end ...
to find out where, on their end ... what went wrong.

You got to the web site ... sent in an order
They got the order ... sent you a confirmation (and probably the "code" ... seperately)
You got the confirmation ... not the code ...

"Without" your complaint ... they would think all is peachy ...
"With" your complaint ... that they received and replied to ...
ONLY one thing needs to be resolved now ...
right?

send them the info

K

Kratos Aurion

First things first.

I told them to resend the code to the email of the account (which is the same email on the reciept) which I sent a jpeg of including the order confirmation number.

If someone was stealing a code, why would they ask them to send it to the same email (when that person could just access the users email and use the old message)?

And if someone was trying to steal my code, the odds are it wouldn't work because if I would have gotten an email in the first place I would have used it as soon as I got it. end of story. The customer service is lousy. Not to mention I don't believe its 24/7 live support since I sent the update early this morning and have failed to get a response since.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do what I did, call 1-866-543-5435, choose my account, then say "agent" to get a live person. I was trying to purchase 4 account upgrade codes(ones that give you more BB storage, more house storage and a 7th char slot), a name change and a legacy token. The website Would not let me login to complete a transaction plus you can only buy two codes a month from the site.

The guy on the phone was happy to help me and I got my codes the same night. IMHO, the website is HOSED!

Jirel

G

Same problem here.
They need to do something to make sure people are getting the codes they pay for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do what I did, call 1-866-543-5435, choose my account, then say "agent" to get a live person. I was trying to purchase 4 account upgrade codes(ones that give you more BB storage, more house storage and a 7th char slot), a name change and a legacy token. The website Would not let me login to complete a transaction plus you can only buy two codes a month from the site.

The guy on the phone was happy to help me and I got my codes the same night. IMHO, the website is HOSED!

Jirel

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF you can only buy two codes a month on the site why is that needed?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I just post to let him know that.
2. I have no clue why EA/mythic does it that way.
3. I was buying 6 codes total... so the website wasn't an option once I read that.

Jirel

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Same problem here.
They need to do something to make sure people are getting the codes they pay for.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I would like to know is why the hell do they care about limiting players to ## of codes, and why authenticate it to your account?

I have not yet seen any logical explination to why they do that unless its just random surveying to see what people are buying.

Its extremely bad for business and frustrating to almost everyone whose had an experience with the site. Its poorly built and poorly maintained. Why not hire a decent web developer to create a good page with a secure login that works, and an accurate email server that works?

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, methinks 'twas to limit the impact from fraudulent charges (apparently a major problem).

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Arrrrr, methinks 'twas to limit the impact from fraudulent charges (apparently a major problem).

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that I don't know this, its..

1) their server isn't sending my emails (and/or maybe Im wrong and its getting dropped at hotmail somewhere)

2) I provided them with an accurate order confirmation, my cc (last 8 dig) and same email address in my first resolution, but then they persist on that not being enough to confirm my purchase costing me more time (asking for more info).

3) The actual UOG site its self is so horrible because it wont let half of the players access the checkout/order status section due to the account authentication which does a great job of denying everyone. No service = no scams?

Not to mention it looks sloppy and has had security breaches in the past which means they aren't putting much effort into keeping their company safe but the customers as well which could cost them more than they're willing in the future than that if they would just take the time to do it right the first time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

security breaches in the past which means they aren't putting much effort into keeping their company safe but the customers as well which could cost them more than they're willing in the future than that if they would just take the time to do it right the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I do not go to that site.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

It's been taking anywhere from 4 days to 10 days for codes to arrive it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true then it looks like they stepped security up and are now awaiting payment in full before sending .
very smart

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read through threads here on U.Hall alot. I recall a few people posting about not getting their codes, then several days later saying "Got them 3-4 days after" another person said they got them after a week fo calling....even when they requested the codes be sent, they didnt get them till later....and generally got the codes they ordered and the "resent codes" the same day.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's been taking anywhere from 4 days to 10 days for codes to arrive it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is true then it looks like they stepped security up and are now awaiting payment in full before sending .
very smart

[/ QUOTE ]

If they can't get the money instantly on a credit transaction.. then there is obviously something wrong. My account deducted the bill 2 mins later when I checked my online banking service.

and it is now day 2 and Im still waiting for my question update with my code...

I dont mean to rant but it really burns my arse up

A

AdamD

Definatly a poor system.
I waited 3 days for some prize codes I needed for a competition I ran, I ended up contacting them directly and they to, asked for the same information twice
*shakes head*