• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Moon Didn't Shine Tonight

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The least of my worries should have been worrying about the Mess Daenyra was making. Had I known two days ago what I know this morning maybe I could have changed things. Now The Jade Dragon lay before me, my Father, now was motionless and cold, his hand I held began to stiffen the body was now to be washed and perfumed and the attendants were waiting for me to step away, soon he would need to be buried or burned. My Mothers side of the family had all been buried, however according to the tales I remember my Father had told me. This would be how he would go to the heavens of Dragons, his body soon after being washed was to be wrapped, almost like a cocoon, *as tears ran down my face* , all the fond memories of him rushed back. This was the first year in many we did not celebrate the Cherry Trees for Spring, and this will be his last spring. He had so loved to go out to sea and fish and this would be how his ending would be. There would be no more talks with Daddy no more pain of his past with my mother would haunt him. My Father was now in peace, my mind wasn't but his would now be at rest. How could i have not known how much he needed me near him lately. The regret of being so wrapped up in my own life I had forgotten to pay attention to his. As I stood there trying to hold his hand, tears fell upon his skin on the back of his hand, as I looked down to his hand it looked like little Rain Drops across the back of his hand and it was, My tears were the, Rain, and a spring rain storm was brewing. At this moment nothing mattered, not Daenyra and her mess of running for Governor, not the Dragon Clan in need of one of us nor the arguments over petty ******** with a few of my friends. All that mattered right now was once I turn around and walk out the door to allow the preparations to begin I would never see him him again. In his absence now would be the hundreds of Sashes he had created for the family members ceremony's joining the Guild. Each one of them would have a part of my Father. I however held a lifetime of memories of him and my heart hurt right now. Then I heard the words behind me " M'Lady ..." no more needed to be said , I knew what was next, it was time I had to let go of his hand and face the demons of this world without My Father, without what had made me strong. My Father had moved closer to the city and those trying to comfort me were standing outside. In the dark the cherry trees weren't so colorful, dismal and drab is what I thought as I looked to them as I left his home to step outside as his body would be prepared for his journey of death. Dagda had waited outside worried about me, Roberto at her side. I smiled as I walked past them, knowing they had made a cute couple but I didn't have words to speak, instead I just walked as if directed by something unknown, to the waters edge near My Fahers home. His boat set in the water and its reflection glistened in the small waves that hit the shore. There would be where his body would be carried and the boat released from shore soon. Noticing how dark it was around me I looked up to the sky and it was void of a Moon tonight. No Moon on the death of my Father and what I could see through the darkness I knew was being lit up by Father from Heaven. " I think I will miss you the most Dad" as my tears turned to Rain ......

(For My Dad, I Love You and will Miss You More)

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Watching as the ship was pushed from shore and drifted from land, near the city of Zento. The flames of the limbs stacked that served as the resting place for his body, shone of small flames as it drifted away, once close to the horizon the vision of the flames engulfing the ships sails brought the tears to my eyes, I silently wept as I watched Airva who had once been his dragon, now mine fly above the ship following it as the flames had gotten higher Airva's sadness had caused a breath of fire to swallow the ship in flames at the horizon. The poor creature was saddened by the loss of the man who had cared for her as a hatchling, now he was gone from our lives. Deep sadness was all I could feel today, and facing people was not on my agenda for a while. I need to get away from people and deal with my loss alone. My plans now were to go stay in North Harbor away from the cities and away from the Dragon family in Ter Mur and away from that Frigid Island in the old lands. The mountains near Minoc seemed like a great place to retreat. In my state of mind I wanted no part of whatever Daenyra was cooking up, I feared it was not good and I wanted no part of what she would do. This too was her Father and with the Hatred she had for Britainia and the King, this wasn't the time to even attempt to filter what she was about to do, the less i knew of her plans the better off my state of mind. Her bitter hatred had grown even more over the last week and I do not feel up to the task of babysitting her. This was my time to disappear, all to well I had seen the feelings towards me in those cities of Britainia, they knew i had brought this Girl into their lives and now she was dealing out vengeance. Last I had seen her she was mumbling something about visiting orcs, so it was hard telling what the family was getting into, but at this moment I didn't even care. I just wanted to be alone !