• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the mod that moved my thread to OT

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YOU TELL EM BRO! THERE HAS BEEN A LOT OF BS GOING AROUND LATELY, THEREFORE THIS POST DESERVES ALL CAPS.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a reason why Stratics Pacific died all of a sudden.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did so after asking my advice. So I guess it's me you want to swear at.

M

mutau

Keep the threads in Pac forum revolving around the game and it stays. Off topic = UO OT forum. Sorry guys.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a forum for the Pacific community, yes? So if pacific players are chattering with each other, let them. Why move our threads off somewhere else? That is just plain foolish. Move it back!

After all, did you move the picture thread away? That isn't about the game.

We need more chatter here, not less!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Sablestorm. UHall is dedicated to game specific topics. OT is for off-topic in general unrelated to whatever shard anyone plays. I see the shard forums as for that shard's community regardless if the topic is about the game or not. It seems a little over the top and heavy handed to move threads being used only by Pacific players. A little bit of slack in the shard forums is warranted I think.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do agree...

Pac Shard Forum is supposed to a place for the Pacific Community to Chatter as a whole... It shouldn't JUST be for specific Pacific UO Related Items...

If thats the case you guys need to add Shard Sub-Sections to the Off Topic Forums... So you can visit the Pacific Off Topic Forum.... Or just make it easy and allow us to communicate with other Pacificans FREELY

It's nothing personal just a reasonable suggestion...

M

mutau

Interesting idea of a sub forum.

I can propose the idea to the Admins to see what they say. While I do like to have as much Pac related threads here, sometimes our hands are tied too. But I'll try that idea again but with OT as the topic.

T

TaRgmWhiteWolf

Not much to moderate anymore compared to years ago. There were more posts in a half hour then there is in a day now. Just let people talk, at least they're talking. so what if it's inane. at least its something. the wrong kind of life is much preferable to any kind of dead.

M

mutau

Ok. So, OT topics are ok here within reason. Please keep in mind that this IS a game forum.

And
Not much to moderate anymore compared to years ago. There were more posts in a half hour then there is in a day now.
Some possible reasons that we have less traffic compared to then could be because
1. closed accounts because of economy
2. moved
3. on a diff game
4. got into enough trouble here to get banned.

S

SUPRsalad

Ok. So, OT topics are ok here within reason. Please keep in mind that this IS a game forum.

And

Some possible reasons that we have less traffic compared to then could be because
2. moved
3. on a diff game
Sorry mut, didn't mean to swear at you. I figured it was mag.. Anyway, it was real early, and I get real raw early. Forgive me lady?

T

TaRgmWhiteWolf

And

2. moved
3. on a diff game
8) yeah, I got all that

S

SUPRsalad

Well, since my thread is gone, and I have nothing pertainant to UO to say..
Yesterday was exciting for me.

Does anyone know what happens when you drop a 2000 watt/5hp water pump into the pond while its live? I finally got to find out... Very exciting. Lots of dead fish and fireworks. Truly heart-pounding.

S

SUPRsalad

The answer is: no. If i could have, I wouldn't have even done it once. I could have easily lived out the rest of my life not knowing what would happen. It was nearly a $1000 mistake.

O

Old Macdonald

Well, since my thread is gone, and I have nothing pertainant to UO to say..
Yesterday was exciting for me.

Does anyone know what happens when you drop a 2000 watt/5hp water pump into the pond while its live? I finally got to find out... Very exciting. Lots of dead fish and fireworks. Truly heart-pounding.
HAHA! sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but im an electrician by trade - so yes i have an idea!
Just wish i could have been there with some tartar sauce!
Zips tartar FTW!
:lol:

S

SUPRsalad

Heheh, I don't think even zip's tartar would make Karp decent..

S

SUPRsalad

HAH! that reminds me of a story of when I was landscaping a few years back.
We were doing some flower-beds for this VERY wealthy texan woman. She had a flagstone koi pond that was probably a 100k$ installation on its own. Not sure how many koi she had in there but it was a LOT, and they were BIG. So anyways, the story is, my boss tipped a wheel-barrel full of compost into the pond. I felt so bad for her, she almost started crying she was panicking so bad. Needless to say, she forked out the money to pay the koi pond guy to come and clean it all up. Needless to say, I think she lost quite a wad of cash on that job.