• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] The Messana Events

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again i would like to apologise for the mass public for the ''greedy type sellers'' that seem to plaque these events by running to the front of the queue ''to get in first'' so they can relog and run another char in to have another go..sometmes several times on possibly duel laptops...while the majority of us stand and wait in the que geeting infuriated by the que jumpers.I know messana and the EM at the last Catskills one were extremely pissed off by there behavoiur...and i only hope a small few of greedy people wil not spoil it for the rest of the shards who are still awaiting the world tour.

I would suggest a 5 minute max gate into the arena...and make the arena water tight so no gates recalls etc can be performed....then at least the majoity can wait a little less time and enjoy the event more.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, was you at Atlantics roulette? that was a huge mess. I was at Cats other night and it was bad, but not as bad. I ended up being dead last on my Miximus char, had more fun watching the people go crazy and forgot to get back in line. almost missed my turn.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would suggest a 5 minute max gate into the arena...and make the arena water tight so no gates recalls etc can be performed....then at least the majoity can wait a little less time and enjoy the event more.
Yes then people will use stuck option to get out.
There will always be ways to get the items, so what? people attend the events just for items and then they sell them. Been a part of the game so I guess it doesnt bother that many people.
Even if they get infront of the query to get to be first nobody else does it because they are polite and do the right thing. Well they get cheated... should be like they needed to sign up for something will have EM make a long list of names then they yell them when its their time.
Well either you skip the line and go upfront to get finished first or you stand in line waiting for 2-3 hours to get the same result.
I do understand that its a pain to wait and its a pain for Mesanna aswell who tries to kep it fair. But its part of the game and we just have to live with it untill they find something else that will help with the problem.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
But there are also people who will complain when they are late for gates or the doors has been locked while they are just outside the area.
So there will always be people who wants different changes at events.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The gate was meant to stay up for 10 minutes. The EM forgot to take it down. Niether Mesanna or Adris gave any indication at all (that I saw) that they were extremely pissed off about it. Mesanna did crack a few jokes about it but no words of anger to the public anyway. Again I was back of the line through most of the event so I didn't see everything she said.

Mesanna was sick and her dog was farting (she afk'd to put it out:eek:). Still she hung around for quite a while after the event and chatted with folks. This isn't the behavior of your typical extremely pissed of person. I haven't been to a "fast" Mesanna event yet. I'm sure she is well aware by now that when she pops in there will be a crowd and she is going to be there a while.

Put it into perspective. You wait a few hours to have a hand made item personally handed to you by a member of a dev team in an MMO. Well if you won :) Yes those items sell for alot of gold. Yes there will be masses of off sharders, multi-clients and line jumping. But that can of worms was opened up with dev team built xfer tokens and dev team sanctioned multi-clienting.

I really think Mesanna likes to do these things. I also think she knows she and her team cant plan for every outcome and adjust accordingly. Just like I knew I didn't have to wait in line over two hours for my turn. I chatted with friends. I chatted with Mesanna for a bit afterwards. I left with more than just an item. The good far out weighed the bad for my time spent.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a solution to create non skippable lines, create a zone that does not allow gating/recalling in (which they have, its where the last couple roulettes were) and make it a completely non combat zone with fel style rules so u cant walk through people without full stamina, and then create a -50% stamina debuff while in the zone

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few simple steps can prevent a lot of potential problems:

1. Gate open right on time for 5 min

2. Gate leads you to a no recall, no gating area

3. Inside that area there will be the dice, an Ank to rez and two other gates

4. One gate is for the loosers, they die, rezzed by Ank, walk through gate and there will be a clicker for them to get the item. Then another one way gate to take them back to town.

5. The other gate is in an enclosed area but for winners. Since winners don't die after they roll and there are very few of them, Mesanna can teleport them to that enclosed area so they can walk through the winning gate and there will be a clicker for the winners to get their item. And inside that area there will be another one way gate to take them back to town.

This initial set up might take 15-20 min to do but once its set up, then now matter how many people attends it will run smoth like clockwork. Having these steps in place can prevent things such as:

players sticking around not leaving and talking so Mesanna or players can't see what's going on.

Although cutting is a problem its a minor one. Most of her time was spent on asking some players to stop talking, casting, running back into line to get seconds, and her running out of rewards so she has to make more, and to toss the items into each player's backpack.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno about anyone else, but I was kinda wondering when she was going to come to LS.
I was thinking about posting a mesanna post last night, so this works. She asked during rares fest if we wanted her to come back some time to play Roulette, we said yes. Seems like she has been to Atlantic three times since, not to mention the other shards. What determines her route, I guess is what I am asking.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But there are also people who will complain when they are late for gates or the doors has been locked while they are just outside the area.
So there will always be people who wants different changes at events.
You are obvouisly referring to the euoropa messana pumpkin painting event...were the event was indeed scheduled for 8.00 and the door were thus locked pronto at exactly 8.00....no 10 minutes grace...not even 5 minutes grace...not even 1 minutes grace.....

yes ohhh yes i was pissed off that day when i knocked on the door at 8.02....with a few other euopa regulars it should be said.....but should not this time of grace be consistant on all shard events??? at least we would know were we stand....

SOOOOOO plz make it 5 minutes...''no more''....then peeps cannot even have time to try get 2 chars in the arena because they should still be timing out with the first active char!!!!

AND no ET these events are about player participation/enjoyment AND not for a dozen or sooo traders to milk as many rewards to sell a possible...

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are obvouisly referring to the euoropa messana pumpkin painting event...were the event was indeed scheduled for 8.00 and the door were thus locked pronto at exactly 8.00....no 10 minutes grace...not even 5 minutes grace...not even 1 minutes grace.....

yes ohhh yes i was pissed off that day when i knocked on the door at 8.02....with a few other euopa regulars it should be said.....but should not this time of grace be consistant on all shard events??? at least we would know were we stand....

SOOOOOO plz make it 5 minutes...''no more''....then peeps cannot even have time to try get 2 chars in the arena because they should still be timing out with the first active char!!!!

AND no ET these events are about player participation/enjoyment AND not for a dozen or sooo traders to milk as many rewards to sell a possible...
derp, i agree, derp

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Well many players are there actually before it starts and not 2min after it started.
And not all events are the same and hence why some locks doors at the time or have a gate at the beginning or in the middel or at the end to whereever we are supposed to go.

If people only attend to get items to sell let them, everyone who likes the items and wasnt able to be there then have a chance of actually getting the item for a few goldpieces.

I didnt say I dont agree with the 5min max on the gate, on Cats Mesanna also said at the beginning she wouldnt start untill the gate was closed. She did anyway, but if she does that then works aswell with 5min unless they make camp fires. :)

But what about people who has multi accounts or Trial accounts (dunno if they can play but i saw 14 young players before we entered the gate)
Stop being upset over the ''greedy type sellers'' and enjoy the events and let them do what they do. And let the EMs and Mesanna find a way to make most players happy

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey multi accounts would be fine as long as you have multi laptops/pcs to run one char in from each account...yes definate ok for sure.

lets just be happy with one char per account at each meet and greet o event for that matter, will let playe participation and fun and less frustration for all methinks.

1. a 5 minute gate max
2. not be able to gate/recall zone [for instance the origin maze was awesome and you had to work hard to get the jump rope idol..yet when u got to the prize idol there was people simply gating in multiple chars or friends so they could receive many items without actually doing the said maze- would have took only a simple no gate/ no recall zone to stop this.]
3. no logging out zone..if u log out there to ty and run another char in within the 5 minute rule ...then simply u cannot log back in there.

3 simply ways to help things run smoother methinks plus any others mentioned above.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i missed the sonoma gate by 2 minutes and i was extremely pissed off, it wasnt fair at all because there was a patch that day and we were notified about the event just hours before it took place

the catskills event was done in a much more fair manner with being notified a few days in advance and the gate lasting quite a while, ended up getting 11 characters through but i did it legit, waited at the back of the line and it took about 2.5 hours but was worth it

i was running 5 clients on one computer and my gf ran characters as well in case anyone was wondering