• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The mastery book

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, is only now possible to use a skill mastery of music at time, when you do the quest that corresponds to the last will be worth it you lose the ability to use the others two, being necessary to the re quest that you want to use again and each of you gets a book of the mastery in all the work you completed your last question.:eek:
relevant and the others disable until you do a new quest of the mastery, and so many times as you need.:(

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
With the new changes you can now click on the book and change masteries, You can change the once every ten minutes! If that is what you are asking and you do not need to do the quests over and over now to change!

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello Storm, thank for you reply; i understood what you said; but then have a problem; i do not know if it's the Client, i use the enhanced client.
but not so this happening to me, when i'm with five books in my backpack.
i'm currently using the skill peacemaking and discordance; what happens is that every time that i'll need to use one of these i have to redo the quest corresponding and then all the books the skill that i'm using, but when i use the other, i have to message of the system: " You are not on the correct path for using this mastery ability". example: i am using discordance, and i need now to use peacemaking, so i have to do the quest again and get another book that i currently using. :eek:

Z

Zero Day

You need to use the context menu on the book (The same way you open your character context menu to do insurance, quest items, loyalty etc but clicking on the bard mastery book.)

Typically in the classic client this is a single click or SHIFT + click.

In the EC it may be a right click.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok the problem is most likely only one of the books will give you the option

I have 3 in my pack but only one gives the option also you may try opening and closing the books

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
have your mouse over thing turned on.

mouse over all the books in your pack.

one of them should have a gump when you mouse over it.
should say what mastery you are on, and if your on the disco one it will also say what resistance your spells are hitting in (phy, fire, nox ect ect)

once you find that book, chuck the other books out of your pack.

only keep ONE BOOK in your pack.

if you still cant find that one books then do this.

cast the disco spells on yourself, both of them, then turn them off.

NOW go look at your books.
one of them will have the gump on it.

i had the same problem till i casted the spells on myself, that seemed to unlock the book and then i was able to find it.

Poo

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before you can use the context menu on the Bard Mastery book. You need to cast a bard Mastery the first time. After that you be able to get access to the context menu. :)

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
: Thumbsup: I did as your advised and it worked, thanks! : Diabo:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see why one bard (with the appropriate skills) couldn't use the all the barding spells, The spells all have an upkeep (mana cost overtime) and using multiple spells just depletes your mana faster. bards with discord, provocation, peacemaking, & Music. have little room for meditation to support the upkeep anyway.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they can.

you can switch between them whenever you want now.

just have a 10 minutes cool down in between them.

Hello, is only now possible to use a skill mastery of music at time, when you do the quest that corresponds to the last will be worth it you lose the ability to use the others two, being necessary to the re quest that you want to use again and each of you gets a book of the mastery in all the work you completed your last question.:eek:
relevant and the others disable until you do a new quest of the mastery, and so many times as you need.:(
what did you just say? I don't understand

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dead have been awaken. Masteries may have been different in 2012.