• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Main Shrines I Believe Should Each Have A Catacomb Or A Labyrinth.

M

Mr Artifact

i think it would be kind of cool if each of the main shrines had stairs leading down to a underground chamber leading to a Catacomb or A Labyrinth they could be very simular to a dungeon but instead of being a dungeon each would be an indivisual big or huge catacomb or labyrinth each should have monsters, new stealable artifacts, maybe even new daily rares & maybe other things too. because of all the campers & scripters i can sometimes go nearly a week on my shard without one level 7 artifact or higher & i still have yet to steal a level 10 or higher artifact so it can get quite frusterating at times so i believe with more stealable artifacts & daily rares it would also help more honest players like me who dont camp at or script at these stealable arti & rare spawn locations have a better chance at getting a decent arti or rare more often.

G

Actually, all the shrines DO have coresponding dungeons. =>

B

Babble

A quest chain involving some of the dungeons could be useful and pretty easily doable.

I

imported_Traveller

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, all the shrines DO have coresponding dungeons. =&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. They are called:
Despise
Deceit
Wrong
Destard
Shame
Covetous
Hythloth
Abyss

Well, one is still missing... :)

W

Wolfthistle

Actually, I believe those are Anti-Virtue dungeons.

I don't know what should be done, but I've always thought it was interesting that someone would care enough to put a shrine up in the middle of nowhere, but not care enough to build a catacomb or a fortress to "protect" it.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Indeed, they are "anit-virtue"
From here
Compassion
Symbol:

Derived From: Love
Anti-Virtue: Despise
Original Class: Bard
Original Home City: Britain
Opposing Dungeon: Despise
Mantra: Mu
Companion: Iolo

What would be the scenario for a Virtue dungeon ... ??? ...

Just saying, at first take ... to "fit the general Theme" of the game ...
your the "evil bad one" ...and the monsters mostly win? take your loot ... and farm you for funding other "good Dungeons"?

W

Wolfthistle

Hey Fayled,

Sorry, I've been rather unclear with my post... while I agree that there should be some sort of catacomb or fortress defending the shrines, I don't think there should be enemies in it and I don't actually agree with the OP about stealables and such. Perhaps I should have started a new thread for this instead of hijacking someone elses.

I merely think that something to look at, for protection of the shrine would be nice, and perhaps some lore to go along with it, maybe that the fortresses or catacombs were built by a long dead civilization or something, maybe segue into storyline somewhere down the road. Please forgive my nasty run-on sentence there.

I realize that the devs have much better things to do with their time than provide me with scenery, I just think it would add to the already rich tapestry of history and lore that UO already has.

Thank you for calling me on that, so that I could clarify.

Be safe.

Wolfthistle.

**Edit**
Removed my mis-spelling of Fayled's name... sorry about that!

M

Mr Artifact

after reading that they could be virtue dungeons, catacombs or labyrinths instead of normal anti virtue dungeons,catacombs or labyrinths which would make perfect sense perhaps the creatures in it can have possative fame and possative karma doesnt have to be that way but thats one possable way to make sense out of a virtue dungeon,catacomb or labyrinth. there are quite a few creatures in this game with possative fame and possative karma and we sure could use more types of them.

B

Babble

Basically a story why the shrines are where they are.
Or if not that a quest concerning the shrines I guess.

W

Wolfthistle

<blockquote><hr>

Basically a story why the shrines are where they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly

M

Mr Artifact

why cant they be used for both a quest and have a virtue dungeon,catacomb or Labyrinth. the quest part could be on the out side. the dungeon,catacomb, or labyrinth part would be on the inside so they dont have to affect each other in that case.

I

imported_Lundan

What if the Dungeons and Shrines were connected with a Central Dungeon, like in Ilshenar? The new Central Dungeon area could have a variety of high-end difficulty, maybe some treasure hunting chests, and other rewarding items.

G

Hmmm, perhaps a keep to guard each shrine with a catacomb beneath. They could be filled with good aligned creatures that the villainous elements of the player population could hunt.