• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The maiden pirate hunt of RSS Persistant one

Rex Truesails

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wasn't a rousing success but it wasn't an abysmal failure either.

Schachar showed me how to get right in their stern with the bow and not take any damage but when I tried it they turned left and blasted me.

short story - they scuttled my ship. I scuttled their ship. The pirate captain was apprehended by my wife she took him to sea docks and I shuttled lumber to the boat till she could get back with her crafter for the supply discount doing repairs. my ship has been repaired but I'm low on fuse cords and will be gathering materials for my next push. oh and neither of us died and we got no orc ship plans.

now some questions -

1. he was shooting the cannon on the far side of his ship and my ship was taking damage. wth I thought they had an aoe in a straight line. so for future runs should I load all my cannons and shoot them all regardless of the direction they're facing?

2. my wife was in party and I had made her captain as well so she could help direct the ship if I had to go afk. while trying to reload my cannon I kept seeing her cannon loading process instead of mine not allowing me to reload very fast. anyone know what the deal is with that?

3. one post supposedly by dev's stated ships all had the same speed while another post gave varying speeds for each. what's the current updated situation on boat speeds and capabilities.

Any way in summary it was awesome fun - a bit expensive because of all the damage I took I will look forward to studying exactly how shachar did it with no damage to her ship the way she did. I duplicated what I saw but seemed to get drastically different results.

Once I get past the learning curve I fully intend to start inviting as many people as I can for pirate hunting , fishing trips, Mibs, nets, etc. My intent is to get the brittanian flag ship an orc ship as well so that I can use different size ships for different jobs.

I will see you all on the high seas!!
- Rex Truesails