• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

the long and boring wait...

M

mmmbeer

sure is boring having to wait weeks for next phase of event to continue. better planning coulda avoided this lame situation!!

K

Kiminality

Unless the plan was for a wait of weeks...

In that case, everything's according to plan.

C

canary

LOL

touche!
:sword:

I'd rather wait for good content than have bad content pushed out before it's ready.
Why not? That's the standard they've followed for years now...

Even when it is 'ready' we see time and time again it isn't.

S

Sarphus

Why not? That's the standard they've followed for years now...

Even when it is 'ready' we see time and time again it isn't.

Just because stuff has always been released when it's totally broken doesn't mean it should be or I want it to be.

I want the EA to break the mold and do it right.

G

galefan2004

sure is boring having to wait weeks for next phase of event to continue. better planning coulda avoided this lame situation!!
What exactly do you expect? I just recently listened to a Blizcast episode (where they share information about WoW) and the developer said that a patch cycle normally takes about 8-10 weeks to complete. Thats with a Blizzard sized team of staff. Imagine getting a new part of this event every 8-10 weeks. I think the developers are doing a damn good job with what they have to work with, and we have no room to really complain just because we get a new patch every month or so.

C

canary

What exactly do you expect? I just recently listened to a Blizcast episode (where they share information about WoW) and the developer said that a patch cycle normally takes about 8-10 weeks to complete. Thats with a Blizzard sized team of staff. Imagine getting a new part of this event every 8-10 weeks. I think the developers are doing a damn good job with what they have to work with, and we have no room to really complain just because we get a new patch every month or so.
Err... you _have_ seen the amount of content a UO release has against a WoW release, right? You can't even begin to compare the two...

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I'm glad to get a breather. So many x-shard chars to train up. eg a treasure hunter so that I can finally pick those paragon chests, do the lvl 6 maps and turn the chest, used map and mini arties in...miners/tailors to recycle the crappy stuff. 2 weeks is probably not enough for me to do this, but I'll see how far I can get.

Also using the time to consolidate all the xmas stuff etc on my x-shard chars and decide which to turn in and which I should keep.

2 weeks is too little I say!

Besides, I am guessing that the Melissa event was set to last until the next stage, but too many people were complaining and they had to put a plug on that ahead of schedule.