• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Lone Samurai VS. Chief Paroxysmus

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TimberWolf wrote:

<blockquote><hr>

and being human gives you MR3 off the top...and then if you can pick up MR6 off three pieces...you are the equivilent to GM MED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, 9 mana regen (3 for being human + 6 from pieces) equals being GM med ?
But then this means only medable armor should be used on a warrior (not mage) ?

TimberWolf also wrote:

<blockquote><hr>

I just always am worried about kharma issues...with the necro pally temp

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that ?

G

yes if you pump that into the mana regen calculator on stratics you will find that at 100 intell 9 mr is slightly greater than 100 med in mana per second regenerated.

Yes I only use med armour for all my characters...and have never had a hard time getting the stats and resists I want. Med armour is pretty easy to find.

the duration of things like EoO and CW are based on your kharma....assuming necro forms decreases your kharma....My Sammy Pally Temp works best when I am a Glorious Lord. I believe Cleans By fire is also effected by Kharma.

I hope this answers your questions...I don't promise the answers are right...just that they are my own!

TW

K

Kestrel NV

I just asked this question few posts down and the answer I got was that MR from armor or vamp form is unaffected by nonmedable armor...only mana regen from meditation is. I hope this is right cuz I'm collecting LRC woodland pieces with good resists and regen props or LMC to enhance with bloodwood for my necroarcher.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats right. The only reasons you would need all medable armor are:

1) You're human - the 20 innate skill in meditation isn't useful unless you have fully medable armor.

2) Your template contains meditation. When I pvp, I drop my tactics usually for meditation. 100 med + 9 mr + mr from vamp (4?) = endless mana.

G

Where do u get the Ossian Grimoire from? Ive seen a couple people with it and for the life of me I cant remember where you get it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where do u get the Ossian Grimoire from? Ive seen a couple people with it and for the life of me I cant remember where you get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

heritage token

M

malavent

I tried shimmering inffusion with my sammy and got eaten up. I dont think its possible...i did try Mel and she doesnt work out with a sammy either. I can solo Dread in less then 10 mins and Paroxymus in about 20 mins. Any tips on shimmering?

D

DraztikMethodz

<blockquote><hr>

yes if you pump that into the mana regen calculator on stratics you will find that at 100 intell 9 mr is slightly greater than 100 med in mana per second regenerated.

Yes I only use med armour for all my characters...and have never had a hard time getting the stats and resists I want. Med armour is pretty easy to find.

the duration of things like EoO and CW are based on your kharma....assuming necro forms decreases your kharma....My Sammy Pally Temp works best when I am a Glorious Lord. I believe Cleans By fire is also effected by Kharma.

I hope this answers your questions...I don't promise the answers are right...just that they are my own!

TW

[/ QUOTE ]

dont worry about karma loss, only ncro spell you use is vamp form and only when you die, so karma loss is minimal and you will easily gain it back, I've never fallen out of top tier karma with mine

M

mjolnir131

right and the human 20 med 20 focus accually works out to being only .5 MR and that is at 120 int. most dexers don't even run with half that in int. if yo have 100 foucs you can pop into the 1 whole mr bracket if your like over 60

M

mjolnir131

in othere word the differance between humans and elfs at 60 int is a misly .25 or it means that it takes a human 40 seconds to built up the mana for that special attack the elf threw right off the bat witht there 20 more mana

G

Actually according to the med calculator found here on stratics....20 med and 20 focus at 40 intel regens .55 pts of mana per sec.

3 mana regen will regenerate mana at a rate of .60 pts of mana per sec at 40 intell.

So mr 3 is the same as 20 med and 20 focus as I think I said...at 40 intell.
So I am not sure where you are getting your numbers....

Am I misunderstanding something?

M

mjolnir131

now if 40 int with zero and zero was .0 mana per second then 20 and 20 would be 3 mr but it's .3 so it's not

in otherword the myth about human having an automatic mr3 is based on the false assumption that zero med,zero focus and zero int would be zero mana regain and it's not it's like .2 or .23 someplace in there i can't remeber off hand but .2 would make it so that humans barely break an mr2 if it's higher than that your looking at 1.something and if the human has any non med peaces on your looking a .1

M

mjolnir131

oh and timber the elf bushido has the needed 300 skill points to get the big break on special move so your getting not only the 20 extra mana to start but you can spam spcials all day like a human

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elf ftw.

I didn't check any numbers, but what he is saying about the false assumption that you are .0 mana/s at 0 med, 0 focus is correct. You never have 0 mana/second regen.

M

MiR!

malavent u need to have 70s and big hp numbers ( i got 142 or some), use a drop aids at ressing ankh and invis pots (so when u die u get ur corpse easily and clear out spawn first)

Vampire embrace is ur friend, and so is Life leech + mana leech wepon.... (necessarity ! )

Havent dont a shim either for a month (exams lol
)

But keys should take u 20min (depends on vortex key rlly, I used archer for hydra key cuz it often got other side lol)
SHimmering itself took me about 40min depending on howmuch spawn it summons
Also mortal wep at end comes in handy (dunno i got a feeling he heals too much first time i did)

First time i tried it, i failed had to go away
Second time took me too many deaths
third time got better
and so on....

but main thing u need to do is drop aids etc at ankh

A

Anki

Hi, i tried to kill chief, grizzle, dread horn and travesty solo. But i failed all of them haha. Well i was using vp form and using a cutlass with hit mana leech stam leech hit fireball damage and swing speed and im doing just 20 per hit .Im wondering how can u hit chief for 180 a hit. Any tips on the weapon like what kind of weapon , what mods and does curse weapon necessary during the fight??

G

genuine_fake

Cutlasses have a pretty low base damage. And the mods on that weapon don't sound that great. You didn't mention any DI on it either, so you could be short on DI.

Can you give us a bit more information? Your skills, your suit (or at least the mods and resists the suit gives you), and any other weapons you use would be nice.

A

Anki

After Vamp Form, My resist are 70,70,63,60,65. 126 STR 133 DEX 39 INT, 113HP 141 DEX 58 MANA
Head: Mace and Shield
Sleeves: 2MR 15/19/6/7/22
Gorget: Jackal
Tunic: Fire Tunic
Leg: Legging of Bane
Glove Stormgrip
Bracelet:14 HCI 12DCI 12DI 9ER
Ring: 4 DEX 13 DCI 25 DI 9ER

Skills are
Bushido 120.0
Parrying 120.0
Swordsmanship 120.0
Magic Resistance 100.0
Chivalry 64.7
Spirit Spek 66.0
Necromancy 64.0
Tactics 61.4

Skills are still training atm, and i just bought a ornate axe today to swap for the cutlass as most ppl said ornate axe is better.
Mods are :
Hit Mana Leech 55%
Hit Lower Defence 38%
Hit Chance 10%
Swing Speed 30%
DI 47%

Total All Gears :30DCI 44HCI and 10LMC

Im feeling abit low on LMC but if i use runebeetle my fire resist would be crap.I tried to solo dread horn yesterday but i just cant leech the life back as fast as my life goes

G

genuine_fake

Wow. Let me be the first (and most definitely not the last) to say I'm jealous of your ornate.
That's god-mode right there.

Anyhow, your suit seems just fine. I was going to say you're low on LMC, but you already mentioned that. I was lucky enough to get a ring and sleeves with a bit on them, and I use the Rune Beetle Carapace. My fire doesn't get hurt as bad as yours because I have fire on my ring, bracelet, and I use the Brightsights instead of Mace and Shield. But I'm not telling you to change your suit up, it looks pretty good. If you aren't having any mana issues due to low LMC, it's perfect.

I think it is your template that needs changing. From what you said about fire resist, I'm assuming you are playing as a vampire, but that template seems more like a wraith form template. Most vamp sammys don't use Spirit Speak, and many will tell you Resist isn't too helpful. The thing is, with little tactics and no anatomy, you're probably not hitting hard enough to leech back the life you so badly need. In your situation, I'd decide which I wanted to go with, Wraith or Vamp. Either way I advise dropping resist. With Wraith you'll want to pump up SS and Tactics, with Vamp you'll want to put those points into Healing and Anatomy. If you want to play as a pure leeching Vampire, you could go all out with Tactics and Anatomy, skipping Healing, but I like to be able to heal others efficiently.

Good luck, and reply back with anything else.

Edit: oh oh oh oh! Sorry, I forgot a glaring problem... Your DCI is only 30! I know 45 is the cap, but it is a rather important thing. HCI isn't as necessary since (against the DH anyway) you'll be LSing all the time and LS caps out your HCI. Your DCI is important because it will be taking a penalty when you use Divine Fury to refresh your stamina. I don't really know how to help fix it though... many use the Fey Leggings to give a DCI boost, but you would have to rework your suit and most likely find jewels with poison resist instead of energy resist to use them (since Fey is high on energy, low on poison).

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah like Gfake said lose some of the hci for dci youll find it helps alot

A

Anki

do i actually need SS for the curse weapon? i saw that on stratics SS for curse weapon is like duration for the spell. i have just rework my skills as follow:
Bushido 120.0
Parrying 120.0
Swordsmanship 120.0
Anatomy 100.0
Tactics 100.0
Chivalry 58.0
Necromancy 64.0
Spirit Speak 48.0

G

genuine_fake

SS affects the duration of Curse Weapon. I can't remember... hold on *looks it up*

... just as I thought. The formula is (Spirit Speak skill level / 75) + 1 seconds = duration. So, if you can hit the enemy within 1 second, then it is the exact same as having 60 SS. I have to note here that being human helps a little as well because of JoaT. Since that gives you 20 SS even with 0 skill, it will be closer to 1.25 seconds, which also happens to be the max swing speed (I think).

And that's a start on your template. You may want to drop SS completely and put it into.. something else. Chivalry is kinda low. 65-75 is what most people use.

A

Anki

i saw on the necro forum that at GM SS the duration of curse weapon is about 30 secs so if i get high SS i can make the curse weapon spell last longer and leech more life isnt it?

G

genuine_fake

The thing is, as soon as you hit them with your weapon, it leeches life and the effect goes away. It only applies for one hit, the timer is only a time limit in which you have to make that one hit.

Get it?

It would be awesome if it was a life leech effect for the whole duration. I did read in the Necromancer FAQ where it said it was around 30 seconds at GM SS, that really doesn't fit with the formula. Either stratics is wrong, or the FAQ is wrong. I will try to find some time to jump on test and find out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The thing is, as soon as you hit them with your weapon, it leeches life and the effect goes away. It only applies for one hit, the timer is only a time limit in which you have to make that one hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.
The duration is how long it lasts for.
I have a dexer with 105 necro and 120 SS and he leech's hitpoints for the ENTIRE duration of the spell.
Not sure exactly how long it lasts for but it's over 30secs at 120 SS.

M

malavent

malavent...what weapon and mods do you carry?

I use a Diamond Mace which I believe is the highest Base Dmg for a Mace wep that you can still get to max speed with.

40+ in all 3 leeches (Mana, Life, and Stamina)
44+ Dmg Inc
25% SSI

It kicks ass for Paroxymus and Dread, I will be trying the others soon.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.
The duration is how long it lasts for.
I have a dexer with 105 necro and 120 SS and he leech's hitpoints for the ENTIRE duration of the spell.
Not sure exactly how long it lasts for but it's over 30secs at 120 SS.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with Mr Plod. I'll test it later tonight as my primary weapon has life leech on it.

I'll zap some baddies with a NON-Life Leech weapon and only use Curse Weapon every 30 seconds for healing, and see if I regain hit points more then once per casting.

M

mjolnir131

my axer necro is getting hp back every hit that it can if i have red and i hit, it refills until you hear the little bump that the spell is over and you need to recast

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

genuine_fake - The thing is, as soon as you hit them with your weapon, it leeches life and the effect goes away. It only applies for one hit, the timer is only a time limit in which you have to make that one hit.

Get it?

It would be awesome if it was a life leech effect for the whole duration. I did read in the Necromancer FAQ where it said it was around 30 seconds at GM SS, that really doesn't fit with the formula. Either stratics is wrong, or the FAQ is wrong. I will try to find some time to jump on test and find out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tested, and the above information is incorrect. Curse Weapon leeches life on every hit during the duration of the spell. If duration is a couple of seconds, then yes it would only be for 1 hit. I tested it with my Wraith Warrior and leeched for the full 30 second duration of Curse Weapon.

A

Anki

After redo my template and suit.I finally soloed a Drad Horn yesterday =) and i did another 2 after it, but no luck with crimson in those 3 dread horns

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

<blockquote><hr>

After redo my template and suit.I finally soloed a Drad Horn yesterday =) and i did another 2 after it, but no luck with crimson in those 3 dread horns

[/ QUOTE ]Would it be asking too much for you to include what you redid your template and suit to?

G

genuine_fake

Ack!
So sorry guys, I always thought thats the way it was. It's probably because the only time I ever used it was long, long ago with low SS and I thought it went away with the first hit. My apologies.

And both of you mentioned that the timer indeed lasted 30 seconds, so the formula on the necro stratics page must be really outdated/wrong. *not surprised*

Oh and about soloing the DH, congrats! I just recently got my sammy all 120ed out, perfected his suit, spent tons of money, and I still can't do it. He just does a ton of damage so fast.

A

Anki

My template:
Bushido 120.0
Parrying 120.0
Swordsmanship 120.0
Anatomy 100.0
Tactics 100
Chivalry 73.0
Spirit Spek 23.0
Necromancy 64.0

Weapon:Ornate Axe
Hit Mana Leech 55%
Hit Lower Defence 38%
Hit Chance 10%
Swing Speed 30%
DI 47%

The template hasnt finish yet, as soon as i get midnight bracers and jewelleries with necro skill im gonna drop necro more(currently:brace +11necro ring +10necro)

After Vamp Form, My resist are 60,63,70,66,75. 135 STR 138 DEX 39 INT, 133HP 138 DEX 60 MANA
Head: Mace and Shield
Sleeves: 2MR 15/19/6/7/22
Gorget: Jackal
Tunic: Rune Beetle
Leg: Fey Leggings
Glove Gauntlets of Nobility
Bracelet:11 HCI 14DCI 1FC 12PR
Ring: 4 DEX 13 DCI 25 DI 11FR 4CR
Crimson
Primier On Arms

Total All Gears :52DCI 21HCI 30SSI MR5 LMC 15 112DI Shows Damage 64-71 on Character Status
Im wondering if im at the cap of 300DI with enemy of one or im already over it, if im over it i could using totem of the void instead of primier on arms

Im having another problem now is i try to solo chief and i just cant kill the green demon i keep dying to him any tips to kill that thing?

I

imported_silent

I have a couple questions, with 23 SS and 64 necro you get ~30 seconds curse weapon time? So curse weapon isn't tied to SS or karma I guess? Also with your karma down from casting necro spells all the time how effective is Chiv in this template and what do you use it for?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't want to see this thread get lost. Are people still soloing the baddies these days?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't want to see this thread get lost. Are people still soloing the baddies these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I haven't done paroxy but DH is fairly easy to solo. Getting the keys is harder than the boss itself.