• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Lazy Tamer's Guide - Roof's Final 4

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This also works for the Beginning and/or Broke/Frugal Tamer as well. These are very cheap builds. Largest expense is the Triton it's self. But, you can make do with a 110-115 Wrestle Triton (most seem to just kill those off as they can't be sold, so they should be cheap if not given away), it would just take longer for you to run it. These pets each have room for 120's, but honestly it is not needed. Even with being scrolled to just 110 they each clear the place out.

The rooms are the rooms, most beginning Tamers struggle with the Bosses. My advise?

Get you one of these:
Lazy Tamers.jpg

No need to worry about the Physical Resist imho as that is what Consume Damage is for. Imo having a high Physical Resist defeats the purpose of running Consume. You want the pet to take and absorb the Physical Damage. The quicker it absorbs enough damage the quicker it releases. So you want the pet to have enough resists to survive if you are run off, but at the same time take a good bit of damage to absorb quicker so it can gain the hit chance advantage quicker. Of course opinions on this vary greatly... so, to each their own. I am not sure why though... as uo.com spells it out kind of plainly.
Consume Damage.jpg
I personally like the 60/70/70/80/85 build best. But finding a high wrestling/resist Triton with only 85 Energy was getting to be a pain.

Of course you need a combination of skill and/or MR to run Consume indefinitely and still cast some. Don't have that? Go with the Highest Physical Resist you can as they all hit that pretty hard or completely. The exception being Jou'nar who hits 20 damage type across the board.

Juo'nar is by far the toughest. Be ready to abandon the pet if needed. E-blot the Skeleton Dragons with a even a basic Spellbook dragon slayer, it makes quick work of them.

Also, if you have the advantage of a second account (even if it is just a Time of Legends enabled EJ one) bring a rezzer, park them in the corner away from the action just in case.

*edit*
Forgot a key piece of info. There is a 'sweet spot' where consume damage works but Virtuebane's big explosion does not hit you. Basically stay away from him, go forward one tile, try consume, it does not work? Go another tile closer and try again. As soon as Consume activates you are in that spot. Orange petal up and wait for him to attack you. Invis, go back to sweet spot. Rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

Kir

Journeyman
Just addition tips for the master, do get a Balakai’s Shaman Staff , they seems to be rather cheap-ish (relatively), they add considerable survival with additions on HPR and xxx-damage eater. (Since most the time, it is probably the tamer that will die first :sad3:)

" Be ready to abandon the pet if needed. " <- for Juonar, yes yes yes :gee:

PS: The rezzer part is really good if you have one, Ozy Virtuebane!!!! is nasty for tamer when you least expected it.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just addition tips for the master, do get a Balakai’s Shaman Staff , they seems to be rather cheap-ish (relatively), they add considerable survival with additions on HPR and xxx-damage eater. (Since most the time, it is probably the tamer that will die first :sad3:)

PS: The rezzer part is really good if you have one, Ozy is nasty for tamer when you least expected it.
Nice idea on the Staff. I forget about those.

Never really had much of an issue with Ozy thankfully. Invis, all kill, all follow (target him) and good to go. But you do have to be mindful of him jumping out and popping an arrow in your arse... so have that invis on standby for sure.

Kir

Journeyman
Ozy Virtuebane tend to wipe me when I least expected it (he was gentle to me for many runs then he turned into a jerk), I kinda hate him more than Juonar on tamer.... (You kinda get used to Juonar after a while....) :coco:

And yea, pre-cast Invis between Bosses, sometimes the adds just pop on you.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
He is a quick. There is no doubt he can pop ya with an arrow, run out of the fray, and pop ya with those swords... and mess ya up and give you a monochrome screen quickly... luckily I have legendary invis skills :thumbup1:

This is definitely not an afk encounter like it was before pet damage triggered spawn. Gotta watch, be on your toes and play constantly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ohhh.. yeah. That one. I basically keep invis precast on him. He even looks at me sideways I say bye bye... :thumbsup: